Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

4 1/2" scale tires?

Old 01-24-2008, 06:47 PM
mpriestley
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 4 1/2" scale tires?

Need some help finding scale tires for my B-25

I have built a wing mfg B-25, the plans call for 4 1/2 inch tires on the mains

Robart does not make a 4 1/2
Dubro has an inflatable tire but it is a bit heavy.

They will be going on a set of robart retracts and I will be closing the doors etc...

do not want a foam tire, Prefer a scale looking tire.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Mike,
Old 01-24-2008, 08:20 PM
eniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 4 1/2" scale tires?

You know, I want scale 3-1/2 inch scale tires, my money says another guy here wants 2-5/8, and yet another guys wants....

Where are the scale airplane tires? We have RC car companies that seem to be able to deliver incredibly good looking functional tires to their customers all the time, in differing tire and rim styles, foam insert strengths and everything. Where are the HPI 6th to 20th scale setups for my 1/14th DC-3? Someone is going to be building a D-18 and want something similar.

Sorry for the rant, I have just been upset with this same question several times, its the little things that make the model great. Are there maybe some oldtimers that can explain a magic trick to making your own tires? This can't be impossible.

eniac
Old 01-25-2008, 02:13 AM
TooLow
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 4 1/2" scale tires?

for the 4 1/2" tires use the new Sullivan S853 with the Alum hub great tire and they look scale too they are treaded not the cross hatch of the military tread S853 4-1/2" x 1-9/16" 114 mm x 40 mm 3/16" (.187")/4,7 mm 4.53 oz/129 g hope this helps