Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

KMP's DC-3

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 08:00 AM
Thaba Raptor
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP's DC-3

1 Builder,

So sorry to hear about your loss. Hope nobody was injured.

it is not only the replacement of the damaged goods but the time and sweat that went into building it.
I had a furniture removal company damaging some planes when I was relocating. I insisted that they either replace the whole aircraft and have it built by a skilled builder or repaired by a skilled builder. I just wanted a plane in the same condition as it was before.

At first they did not want to accept but when I asked if they would accept replacement parts as a repair of a car rather than a repaired car they changed their mind and paid me out. It is scarry if you see the time cost involved in building a scale model on paper.

I hope you recover some of your cost.

Regards

Thaba Raptor
Old 04-15-2009, 09:14 AM
1 builder

Thank you and no one was injured. 1 builder
Old 04-15-2009, 09:22 AM
1 builder

Well CFV007 no one was injuried just a lot of damage. Things happen for a reason. It's on to bigger and better things. Thanks. 1 builder
Old 04-28-2009, 03:10 PM
electricfly2002

hi,
link seems very quiet - anyone actually building the DC3? Will be starting on myelectric version soon ;-)
Old 04-28-2009, 05:55 PM
1 builder

Well you read my Dc-3 was destroyed in an auto accident. There are only a few issues that I had with the build. 1 The tailwheel did not do justice to the model. You have already spent a good deal of money, don't cut the build short. Buy a nice scale tail wheel yoke. Seirra Giant Scale makes a nice unit. 2 Throw away the fiber glass elevator push rods and get a set of Sullivan's rods ar equalivant. 3 Get as much weight forward as you can. Mine required several pounds of lead in the nose. Good luck with the E-build. Keep us posted. 1 builder
Old 04-29-2009, 09:27 AM
cfv007
My Feedback: (5)

Mine required several pounds of lead in the nose.
1 builder. How did you mount the nose weight? How far forward were you able to put it? Im still working on the one Im building.

Charles
Old 04-29-2009, 11:27 AM
bokis

I used silicon glue and led,I just put the aircraft down on the nose and glued everything in and left it "to dry" on it´s nose..
Worked fine for me..
Old 04-29-2009, 03:57 PM
1 builder

cfv Iused new stick on lead wheel weights I purchased from a tire shop. They were the type Great Planes sells only cheaper. I place them just forward of the front bulk head and secured them with great stuff foam. I do like the idea of mixing lead shot an epoxy and putting it in the nose. letting the epoxy dry while the plane is on it's nose, this is a great idea. The only issue I have with the epoxy, shot method is geting the right amount of lead. What ever works for you. 1 builder
ORIGINAL: cfv007

Mine required several pounds of lead in the nose.
1 builder. How did you mount the nose weight? How far forward were you able to put it? Im still working on the one Im building.

Charles
Old 04-29-2009, 04:00 PM
1 builder

Bokis, I really like the lead silacone idea. I will be using it in the furure with a slight modification. I'm going to try lead shot and epoxy. Thanks for the idea. 1 builder
Old 04-29-2009, 09:59 PM
cfv007
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks for the suggestions fellas. I guess just tape some flat lead on the nose till it balances. Take that lead off and weigh it. Then take off an additional ounce or so for epoxy or silicone and then weigh out that amount of lead shot, mix with epoxy or silicone glue and place it in the nose. Sounds like a plan.

Thanks again,
Charles
Old 03-01-2010, 02:32 PM
gicosakro

ORIGINAL: 1 builder

Hello cfv. The build is mostly straight forward. I haven't flown my DC yet. The biggest problem is the tailwheel/rudder assembly. So far I haven't come up with something that satifies me. When you build your DC start with that end. Good luck and let me know. 1 builder
I started work on mine for a few weeks,this is what i do for rudder ,the tailwwhell will be separeted with another servo. And I put lights on the wings!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf10394.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	1389306   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82427.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	1389307   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk16518.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	41.0 KB