Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

"Nosen Cessna 310 Club"

Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

"Nosen Cessna 310 Club"

Old 05-16-2020, 08:37 AM
vmeek
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to post a question to the group.
What effect would not putting the tip tanks on the wing have in the flying of the 310?
Old 05-17-2020, 04:09 AM
Bill Diedrich

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are referring to the Bud Nosen Cessna 310, as far as flying characteristics I don't think
it would affect the handling of the airplane, but then it wouldn't be a Cessna 310, as that is the
distinguishing character of this beautiful aircraft. I know they are a bear to shape if you are
assembling them from balsa, but I would invest in the fiberglass ones from G & L Hobbies,
give Greg a call @ 931-528-9312 or send him an e-mail to [email protected], as I'm pretty
sure he would sell you just the tip tanks. Goof luck with your project

Bill D.
Old 05-17-2020, 06:46 AM
vmeek
My Feedback: (38)

Default 310 build

Hello Bill
Long time no talk to.
I am working with a tf 310 that I made a mold for the fuse.
The tip tanks on that plane are a bear to make a mold for so I thought if I leave them off I could end this headache.
As far as the Nosen glass parts I have them already but they are suffering from the roundtoits. (I will get around to it some day)
Back when you started this thread I posted my build of the kit and got to the point of it being primed and it fell into the roundtoits Primed and waiting for time.
I bought a laser and have not had time to do anything for myself.
This tf 310 is a project I started about 5 years ago and now I am going to finish! ( designing a wing is killing me!)
I know this is the wrong forum to post about the TF but it is the only active and current forum.
If anyone is interested in seeing the pictures as I progress contact me
This is my Nosen build
Nosen Cessna 310

Last edited by vmeek; 05-17-2020 at 06:50 AM. Reason: add thread link
Old 10-08-2020, 06:58 AM
BIGRCR
My Feedback: (1)

Been trying to purchase the G&L 310 parts for my Nosen build. Unfortunately I have been unable to contact Greg over the past couple of months. I’ve called, sent emails, but no response. I guess I’m down to making the parts myself now and modifying cowls to suit my engines (Sachs 2.3’s). Looking forward to the build once I complete my Ziroli Spitfire in progress now.

BIGRCR- John Garst
Old 10-08-2020, 05:15 PM
heinzulrich

check with Fiberglass specialty. i got all my cowls, wing tips from them. they even have two sizes of cowls.
Old 10-09-2020, 07:44 AM
BIGRCR

I thought about getting them from Fiberglass Specialties, but then I would have to modify them anyway so why not build them? As I remember, FS has a long and short version of the same flat nose box that was a fiberglass version of the balsa slab built Nosen cowls, not too appealing as I remember?

John
Old 10-09-2020, 09:32 AM
Larry J.

Originally Posted by BIGRCR View Post
I thought about getting them from Fiberglass Specialties, but then I would have to modify them anyway so why not build them? As I remember, FS has a long and short version of the same flat nose box that was a fiberglass version of the balsa slab built Nosen cowls, not too appealing as I remember?

John
How about this?
Not sure if they'll fit. They're for Hostetler.
https://fibertechnmore.com/wh-17-ces...berglass-cowl/

Last edited by Larry J.; 10-09-2020 at 09:37 AM.
Old 10-09-2020, 10:47 AM
BIGRCR

I read somewhere that the ones for the Hostetler may work. Possibly on this forum? I have some time to make up my mind on this. The Ziroli Spit will be starting glassing this week coming and the 310 is next in line... thanks for the replies. Hopefully I can get a response from Greg at G&L as I was kinda looking forward to their parts..
BIGRCR-John Garst
Old 10-17-2020, 05:32 AM
Bill Diedrich

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got a request for membership in the "Nosen Cessna 310 Club" recently from a fellow flyer in Finland,
Hannu Ripatti. Please all of you that still follow this thread, welcome him.

As for myself I am no longer building and flying model aircraft due to health reasons associated with
my better half and my sight isn't the best since suffering a slight stroke several months ago. I am sorry
to say that I will no longer be monitoring this forum for the "Bud Nosen Cessna 310 Club" but will leave the
thread open for those that come along and wish to contribute to the info shared here.

In passing I want to thank all of you that have been along for the ride over the years that this thread have been active.

Sincerely & Respectfully Yours
Bill Diedrich

Last edited by Bill Diedrich; 10-17-2020 at 05:40 AM.
Old 10-17-2020, 01:04 PM
Larry J.

Bill,
Very sorry to hear of the health challenges affecting you and your family.
Sending prayers and good wishes your way.
I hope you'll be able to return to the hobby in the near future.