RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/twin-multi-engine-rc-aircraft-192/)
-   -   KMP B-25? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/twin-multi-engine-rc-aircraft-192/2217230-kmp-b-25-a.html)

Steve Collins 10-01-2004 08:35 AM

KMP B-25?

Is the KMP B-25 available yet?

MANFRED 10-01-2004 08:50 AM

RE: KMP B-25?

NO

jdavis 10-01-2004 07:00 PM

how about now?

(sorry... had to! :) )

nemesis4u 10-01-2004 08:33 PM

Talked with Matt at KMP said it "should" be available by NOV/DEC....You know how things go with overseas shipping, development etc....Said that the B-25 and OV-10 should arrive at almost the same time...

nemesis4u 10-11-2004 08:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Check out this "primered" B-25...Kmp Factory Prototype..This is only the primer...

av8r4aa 10-11-2004 10:44 PM

count me in.

SJN 10-12-2004 04:15 AM

I need one of those too :-)

nemesis4u 11-29-2004 07:52 PM

OK gang sad news,,,,I havent been a bad boy this year and I told Santa I wanted the KMP B-25 or OV-10...But....Matt (santa's elf helper) said that the overseas elves have been bad and not finished the B-25 and OV-10 Projects..and wont be here until Feb-March 2005....Ughhh That means I have to behave until then...........................

Carlos Murphy 01-22-2005 06:30 PM

nemesis4u,
I do hope the hydraulic jacks are not needed, if so, I'll have to get much bigger engines...
The last time (two weeks ago) I talked with KMP they said sometime in February for delivery.
Haven't made up my mine about engines yet.

samparfitt 01-23-2005 10:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
KMP has some new pictures out on their web site.
She looks pretty.
It appears that functional gear doors won't be part of the package.
(it'll give me something to do when the P-61 is done!)

furloughed ual 01-26-2005 05:17 PM

KMP website? can't find in on a google search (still don't believe that) thought it was kmp.com.....

mugenkidd 01-26-2005 05:22 PM

www.kmp.ca

furloughed ual 01-26-2005 08:33 PM

thanks

SJN 01-26-2005 09:02 PM

Sure looks nice!

Jimmy Bananas 01-27-2005 05:08 AM

Had a chat with KMP yesterday and the kit will be available around the 25th of Feb.....$ 589.95..No ARC available..will be ARF...Landing gear blocks are EPOXIED in..no hot glue there, ( Thank God)..design for .61 two strokes,or 72-91 four strokes....Weight around 14-15 Ibs....Comes with retracts... Pics on their website...

SunShyne 01-27-2005 04:24 PM

pics look good except the LG looks like it will need to be upgraded to something a bit more scale looking. Otherwise its a pretty airplane and im glad to see it in ARF form :)

matt

Carlos Murphy 01-27-2005 05:01 PM

Thats just the retracts their using on the prototype, the production version comes with Spring Air type gear with oleo struts from what I've been told.

I just called KMP and they said they lost their oleo strut vender a short time back so the inproved retracts come with "wire struts" and air support system.
Due to start shipping bombers Feb. 25.

Jack Pitre 01-28-2005 08:50 PM

Hey guys! I couldn't decide P-38 or B-25 so I Bought both!!! I must be nuts huh? I can't wait till they get in. I am also building a giant T.F. P-51 arf .

I'll keep checking in every couple of days bye for now.

SunShyne 01-28-2005 11:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Carlos Murphy

Thats just the retracts their using on the prototype, the production version comes with Spring Air type gear with oleo struts from what I've been told.

I just called KMP and they said they lost their oleo strut vender a short time back so the inproved retracts come with "wire struts" and air support system.
Due to start shipping bombers Feb. 25.

thanks for the update Carlos, looks like I will be buying a B-25 in Feb

matt

Cyclic Hardover 01-29-2005 12:08 AM

Cool! Ducted Fan!

ORIGINAL: nemesis4u

Check out this "primered" B-25...Kmp Factory Prototype..This is only the primer...

Carlos Murphy 01-29-2005 12:48 AM

DiabloKid,
You may want to get your name on the waiting list, 1-888-761-0500 because they don't know how many are in the first shipment.
They may run out real fast like they did with the first shipment of their 337 SkyMaster's.
Chuck

warks62 01-29-2005 02:25 AM

Talked to Andrew Kondor of KMP a couple of days a go. The good news is they are on there way. Everyone is correct on the end of Feb the first shipment should be here with the orders going out and arriving the first week of Mar. Problem is they are all spoken for. Said if I put my name in right now then around the middle of the summer hopefully. So I asked him for some shops that get them in the first shipment so he gave me some ones to call. Lucky for me the local HS has one on order so I put my name on it. Looks like everyone wants one. I have been looking at it for about 6 monthes. If all goes well I will have it in Mar and start on it.

AKondor 02-01-2005 04:41 PM

HI guys:
Thanks for hanging in there...
Yes the B-25 are finally sailing..... Soon to be flying!
We will have them by the end of February in the warehouse ready to ship... depending on customs of course....

We will have it and the Bronco on display in Toledo in April.

Cheers,
Andrew Kondor
KMP

Idigbo 02-01-2005 08:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all. You folks are in for a treat before the people over here in the UK. You are first for a shipment, then I think us. I have one at the moment as the YT International test sample to put together and photo for the box label. I can say that it goes together wonderfully well, although the colour was out on the one I got. It will be having two RCV 90CD motors, since I was so happy with the one in my Hurricane. There seems to be a fair bit of confusion about the name of the company that actually makes them. It isn't KMP, or YT International, but a company called ESM. The kits they produce will be marketed as ESM kits pretty soon, distributed by KMP, Cheetah, YT International and others worldwide.

The model straight out of the box looks superb, good mouldings, neat covering, bits that fit etc. As I said before, the colour was out on the one I have, a bit too grass green, but the finish was good enough just to dust the right colour over the top, with very little weight increase.
Picked the boxes up from the warehouse just over a week ago, and have just about finished the assembly and paintwork. No gear in yet as the important thing was to get the photos for the box. Probably will all be ready to go though by the time the box photos are taken, as it has taken far less time to put together than I'd allowed for ( doesn't happen that way round too often does it?!!!! )

Here's some pics, Ian

Carlos Murphy 02-01-2005 09:27 PM

Ian,
Thanks for the info and pictures, I'm near the top on the order list (I think) having ordered the middle of last year and can't wait to get her on my work table. I just took delivery of a NIB RCV 91 CD today from RCU and it looks like I'll have to get another, up until today I was undecided as to which engines to use.
Gota find scale aluminum wheels for the oleo's, maybe I'll convert mine to a "Gun nose" version, is there room for a bomb bay?
Please keep us posted and how bout a few more pics?
Chuck