RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/twin-multi-engine-rc-aircraft-192/)
-   -   ASM Lancaster? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/twin-multi-engine-rc-aircraft-192/8471562-asm-lancaster.html)

Kmot 02-13-2009 03:17 AM

ASM Lancaster?

1 Attachment(s)
A piece of a photo from a German website:

Sandmann_AU 02-13-2009 03:49 AM

RE: ASM Lancaster?

Does anyone else find it ironic that this iconic ww2 brit bomber should be found on a german website? :D Either way, if anyone can find some info on it, I'll put my hand up for one.

WhoDaMan 02-13-2009 11:38 AM

ORIGINAL: Sandmann_AU

Does anyone else find it ironic that this iconic ww2 brit bomber should be found on a german website? :D Either way, if anyone can find some info on it, I'll put my hand up for one.
You think that is funny Matt, when I went to a museum in Germany all the video was of them attacking British and American forces, just a funny thing to watch. I hope this plane is big enough

Dave

Sandmann_AU 02-13-2009 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: WhoDaMan

You think that is funny Matt, when I went to a museum in Germany all the video was of them attacking British and American forces, just a funny thing to watch. I hope this plane is big enough

Dave
It's kinda of weird eh? I spent some time in Thailand and every time you see WW2 mentioned in a museum etc it's always "this bomb shelter was to protect us from the raids of the evil Allies" or "The evil Allies had to attack this bridge many times, until the evil Americans finally succeeded against the courage of the heroic Japanese troops"... obviously they're not direct quotes but they sort of convey that feeling. Bit of a culture shock seeing the remnants of the war from the opposite perspective - we tend to think of ourselves as "the good guys" but so did the Germans, Japanese, etc. The Thais were probably worse off than many as they were originally invaded by the Japanese, defended themselves for four days till they were defeated, then had an uneasy alliance where they let the Japanese have access to build a railway to Burma and the Japanese let them keep their country, so they copped it both from the Japanese and from the Allies.

WhoDaMan 02-13-2009 12:04 PM

Very well said Matt, I am glad to see movies like Flags of Our Fathers, and Letters from Iwo Jima). Das Boot, may have that one spelled wrong. Good to see both sides, Pain is Pain no matter what country your from. Matt what have you been working on?

Dave

Sandmann_AU 02-13-2009 12:27 PM

ORIGINAL: WhoDaMan

Very well said Matt, I am glad to see movies like Flags of Our Fathers, and Letters from Iwo Jima). Das Boot, may have that one spelled wrong. Good to see both sides, Pain is Pain no matter what country your from.
Yep, Das Boot, spelt correctly... good movie. Another one if you want a WW2 perspective that's not British or American is "Enemy at the Gates", starring Jude Law as Vassili Zaitsev, who ended up being Russia's highest decorated sniper. I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan, but I'm interested to see his portrayal of a nazi in Valkyrie.

Matt what have you been working on?

Dave
Eh? Plane-wise, or war-wise? Haven't declared war on anyone in days. :D

WhoDaMan 02-13-2009 12:29 PM

LOL Plane wise Bud :D

Sandmann_AU 02-13-2009 12:39 PM

ahh.. most recently, hacking flaps into my harmon rocket 3. Finished them yesterday, hoping the weather'll clear enough to test fly them tomorrow. Oh and trying to find a manufacturer website for Advanced Scale Models to see if I can find anything on that Lanc. I have a couple of warbirds I drool over the thought of making... Avro Lancaster, Vickers Wellington, De Havilland Mosquito, Bristol Beaufort or Beaufighter but of course noone makes kits of them and I'm not going to sit down with a saw cutting out millions of formers from a plan. :D Failing that, an ARF of a Lanc would do nicely... (tho I can't say I'm impressed enough with CMP's Mosquito ARF to buy one).

WhoDaMan 02-13-2009 12:52 PM

Soooooooooooooo, did you want to fly full scale and never got around to it ? My dad flew 135's so I have had a love for airplanes for some time

Sandmann_AU 02-13-2009 01:00 PM

hehe I missed out of flying the real warbirds by about forty years. I grew up reading "Biggles" books and doodling sopwith camels and fokker triplanes. Would love to fly full scale but money was always an issue. I'd started building a kit when I was about 14 (about an eon ago), using all the wrong materials, trying to iron on solartex with a clothes iron etc and no way of affording an engine or radio gear. When I found out how much it was all going to cost I sort of gave up on the idea. About 18 months ago I was killing time and wandered into a hobby shop, tried a demo version of Realflight and that reignited the whole thing, so here I am now with three planes and bronze wings. Maybe one day I'll fly a real one, but for now I'm happy.

How about you?

WhoDaMan 02-13-2009 01:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
wow, that is a great story. I guess for me being an air force brat as we are called. I have been around planes for years. now that my pops is in heaven I was left with a amazement of how you can get something that weighs so much off the ground. I have been into this for about 25 years and God help me, every time a new one comes out its like I have got to get it. I truly think I need to look at this.:D
I love war birds and jets and I am not into 3 D or things that do not resemble a real airplane. I love to build, not great at painting and fly very little, I get ridden like a horse with spears some time for not flying more but I just love tinkering with them. I will try to post some pictures of my visit to England. That is my wife in the photo's

MANFRED 02-13-2009 10:27 PM

I'd bet that wasn't an ASM model as it doesn't look flimsy enough.

nemesis4u 02-13-2009 10:50 PM

Manfred... It is an ASM MODEL !!!

Believe it or not.. THEY HAVE DEVELOPED and ARE DEVELOPING both the ASM LANCASTER AND the ASM B-17 ARF,,,

Want in? You betcha....

You can get ASM models from lots of hobby stores.. global, Hobby People... even from ME!:D

OK... So I am already pushing to get these here asap .... if not sooner!

www.vqwarbirds.com

I have the ASM A-26 instock, the ASM TIGERCAT is on its way.. and soon I hope to have the ASM B-17 and LANCASTERs...

like all models... they continue to get better and better with each production...

-TOMAS
VQ WARBIRDS
[email protected]
www.vqwarbirds.com
PROUD VQ, ASM,KMP STOCKING DEALER
TEXAS, USA

nemesis4u 02-13-2009 10:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
AND NOW ... HERE ARE THE PHOTOS of the "development/Prototype" models.. not full production yet...
but yes coming soon.. the glass/cockpits will be more clear...

-AGAIN... want on "THE LIST" just email me with your petition to import these models..

they are said to be 1/10 scale.. approx...

No other info at this time...

email to get on the list and request for your favorite model: [email protected]

-CHEERS!

TOMAS
VQ WARBIRDS
www.vqwarbirds.com
[email protected]
PROUD VQ, ASM,KMP DEALER

Sandmann_AU 02-14-2009 07:04 AM

Those pics look pretty interesting Tomas... I'd add my name to your petition but it wouldn't do me any good as you're in the wrong country to help me out. [&o] What's the odds of the final product having that level of details... guns in turrets, painted "bird cages" on canopies etc? I'm guessing these are most likely "user added scale up possibilities".

SJN 02-14-2009 07:19 AM

Very Very nice....[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Kmot 02-14-2009 12:13 PM

heh-heh.... :D

MANFRED 02-14-2009 09:04 PM

I like the shot of the Lanc with the bomb load

awood12345 02-19-2009 03:59 AM

What's the odds of the final product having that level of details... guns in turrets, painted "bird cages" on canopies etc? I'm guessing these are most likely "user added scale up possibilities".
It is all standard apart from the bomb bay on the lanc which is optional according to my source. Oh and things like the wrong shape canopy will be fixed.

UK Warbird Guy 03-01-2009 03:00 PM

Having looked at the protatype pics the B-17 doesn't seem that bad but I hope they do something about the semi opaque glazing. The Lanc on the other hand looks ok till u get to the cockpit stands too tall loks out of scale and the observation bubble at the back of the canopy glazing... I hope they sort that out !

Guess these will be quite expensive and will they be available over in the UK? I had the C-130 but to be hinest, and I know a lot have flown, it just didn't look strong enough..The Fuz flexed and was too thin. Hope they got these two right.

UK Warbid Guy

tahustvedt 03-01-2009 03:39 PM

They look pretty good, better scale accuracy than the Hercules as far as I can tell. They're a little small for my taste at 1/10 scale but still very interesting. I wonder if they're plastic or fiberglass.

shaneandmargy 04-05-2009 10:02 AM

Wot is the go with that ugly looking canopy? The company puts all that time and effort in to develop these planes then ruin them with ugly stuff like this! I hope they make a better effort of that Lanc canopy before they put it into production.

kahloq 04-05-2009 11:25 PM

These two models are the exact same ones as has already been announced by Ripmax. They are 100+" wingspan planes and are meant for 50 size 4 strokes or similar electric. Current prices as released by Ripmax is 800 euros for the B-17. ASM is a distributor more or less as is Ripmax. It basically just depends on where in the world you live on what name the box will have on it.
Here is the thread about both on rcgroups with a lit more pictures then here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1003823

The good news, since these are ASM labeled(and not just ripmax), then they can be brought to the US by various importers including hobby-people and Vqwarbirds.
Ripmax is only imported in the US by Towerhobbies and they arent doing so, but they continue to hold the exclusive agreement for such.

nemesis4u 04-06-2009 10:20 PM

THESE MODELS will be hopefully offered in the USA by GLOBAL HOBBY DISTRIBUTORS and I will be SURE TO BE OFFERING THEM ASAP! Bombers are in the prototype stages still... production and shipment hopefully by the END of 2009! This is all per ASM North America...

More to come as is actual/factually released... but... it is amazing ... not many would have believed that such beautiful models with details as these at 120" wingspan would be available...
I have short KITS AVAILABLE NOW for the B-17 it is fiberglass fuse , nacelles with foam core wings/tail... no wood and with plans, no instructions.. these are 125" wingspan... and cost is $699 plus wood, plus retracts, plus labor ,plus, plus..

These models will be a great value!

-THANKS!

TOMAS
VQ WARBIRDS
"KEEP 'EM FLYING"
www.vqwarbirds.com
[email protected]

Jerryballs 04-17-2009 11:36 AM

Lancaster folks...
I just listed a Lancaster kit in the ad section if you know of anyone interested in building a big Lancaster. It is what I would call a "good head start" to a build.
Jerry