Community
Search
Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

Jump Jet

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 12:15 PM
flybaby1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jump Jet

I purchased one of those 4 engined jump jets and found that it wouldn't hold a charge for more than a few seconds. The lipo battery in the unit is a 3 cell 140mah and is one and one quarter inches long by three quarters of an inch wide and half an inch thick. Where can I get a replacement, as HK don't appear to stock them. Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:25 PM
WhiteWolf McBride
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jump Jet

Flybaby1:

Was it one of the legitimate 'Alien Technology Limited' Jumpjet units (as described on the UK Snelflight site: www.snelflight.co.uk) or the cheaper Chinese knock-off?

If its the knoick-off, you just got 'Buyer Beware'd out of your $. If it was legit, heck, complain to the retailer. They should replace it as defective. Snelflight backs their stuff, to the point of doing software upgrades on legit equipment.

I talked to someone at Snelflight over the weekend, both they and their US distributor are OUT of the Jumpjet... no reason stated, mebbe issues over the chinese knock-off issue (alterations to make it incompatible for spares, perhaps?)

I want to get one, but not a cheap knockof thats going to be DOA or fail after a week.

WhiteWolf
Ottawa, Canada