Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C
Reload this Page >

Looking for some assistance with a build

Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

Looking for some assistance with a build

Old 12-05-2021, 01:24 PM
Joseph117

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for some assistance with a build

Hello I am new here. And I am also fairly new to building rc. I did not plan to but I ended up seeing a osprey on the market and being the sucker I am I bought it. I am finding that i more or less am needing to replace almost everything in it. I had bought a bananna hobby v22. Iv replaced both servos for the motor pods. And am trying to replace its flight controller for a kk2. However the wiring and powering is difficult to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I think I need a 3 pronge splitter cable for the battery to go to the actual escs however im unsure if that's even a thing or not. I only seem to be able to find 2 or 4 outlets.
Old 01-05-2022, 05:32 AM
Txmustangflyer

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts

Ypu should go battery, to a switch to the reciever to the escs. Give aloft hobbies a try, they can modify a switch to suit
send them an email on what you need, they'll charge for switch and a small fee.
other than that, every reciever has basically the same layout, channel 1 to channel 1 and so on. There should be a wiring diagram in the manual for the plane.
If it has ailerons, you can use whats called a reversing y harness, flaps use a standard y harness.
other way is to put each aileron on a seperate channel, mixing both channels as aileron.
sounds like you'l have either 7 to 9 channels, the eac's should come off the reciever to give you throttle control, usually channel 1.