Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C
Reload this Page >

WIG (Wing in Ground Effect)

Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

WIG (Wing in Ground Effect)

Old 03-17-2005, 07:09 AM
docphi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WIG (Wing in Ground Effect)

hello,

i try to built a rc wig , and i find your mail , but it's an old one!!
have you succeed , and is it flying ?
i 'have got the plan of an other wig ( taylor ) but i'm not quite sure it's the good project
have a nice day
philippe
Old 03-18-2005, 05:42 PM
bullwinkle8357

This is somewhat off-topic I know--but Copernic is suspected spyware.
Several of their past products have been found to be spyware, and you don't need to download a "desktop search" program, Windows comes with one already.
And really, you don't need anything else because Google is the only real search engine there is now. Google is the only major engine that crawls the web; other "search engines" just query Google and apply "creative filtering" to its results, doing things such as inserting listings for their paid advertisers.
There are a couple other companies, AllTheWeb was another one that had a good start, but they had scanned only about 10% of what Google had last I heard, last year sometime. For popular subjects their results were pretty close to what Google got, but for obscure subjects Google simply has more content indexed.
I have not follwed the search-engine market in a while, but used to have to for a job I had.
http://searchenginewatch.com/ used to have a page that listed the "active" search engines, "inactive" ones (ones no longer indexing new content), indexes (human-reviewed liestings), directories (DMOZ) and so on, and explained the differences between them all. Dunno if they do now--they might charge for that part--but web-advertisers all know that Google is the ONLY search engine that matters. If you rank high on Google, you will rank high on most other engines, because other engines just query Google.
~
Old 06-02-2005, 06:15 PM
digitalboy91

Not sure if this post is still alive but anyway Im thinking of recreating the MK6

http://www.home-taylor.freeserve.co....20gallery.html

(the red one)

I know I can buy plans but I wanna try from scratch
but I will probably end up buying them to see his variation

And now to my question...
On the MK 6
Do you really need the wing tiplets?

I was reading around and read that it disturbs the vortex and creates less drag
but the thing is WIGs use that vortex to "hover" along the surface