Community
Search
Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

R/C Skydiving Info !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 12:36 AM
wjones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R/C Skydiving Info !!!!

Jump plane, Telemaster 40 with a ST. 75 for a single man jump plane you can'nt beat it. It will take a 3-4 lbs. jumper up fast, anything over it, you have to stay on the sticks. I think i have some video of It taking off with a man, I will try to find and post it.

Thx, Wil
rcdropzone.com
Old 11-21-2004, 08:17 AM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When all the dates come in for the ralleys,jumps,drop-ins or whatever we call them. Please email me with dates and information and I will keep track of them on my website for everbody to see. I have set up an events page to benefit everyone. Plus as long as we all know the dates that are taken we can schedule around them. Telemaster 40 with a .75 on it?? Now thats overpower!
Old 11-21-2004, 02:32 PM
R/C Skydiver
My Feedback: (3)

Dave:
How about a SR Telemaster with a Sato 1.80??? Have it beefed up around fuse and wing attachment points so it will haul 4 "Charlys" aloft. Now only drop 3 'cause it was on the verge of a stall during climbout with 4. The total weight of the Telemaster is 14 lbs before adding the jumpers!
Jim
Old 11-21-2004, 05:31 PM
fly103-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Over 20 yr old Senior Telemaster with Supertiger 90 - Hauls 3 lb jumper no problem. Thinking about adding another drop rig. Ken
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93746.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	195317   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96294.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	195318  
Old 11-22-2004, 03:03 AM
RCAV8R3
My Feedback: (13)

I have a Hangar 9 Supercub with Zenoah G-38.

Scott

Name:	Zx71274.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	195485  
Old 12-19-2004, 10:33 PM
Aerohawk

Hi all,

I am from Australia and a newbie to r/c skydiving. I currently fly r/c helicopters. I thought I needed some change so I have decided to get into this sport aswell.

I have been searching for the best r/s skydiver to buy. I know many of guys on this forum produce their own and sell them on their websites. I have visited all these websites and I am still deciding which one to purchase. I know you guys probably have a bit of competition with each other trying to pursuade people that their diver is better!!

I also looked at the commerical (mass produced) skydivers available, however there are no longer companies which produce these products. Examples are:

- ROBBE - which produced skydivers up to a few years ago, they no longer do.

- IHL KAVAN Junior jumper (formerly sold at hobby lobby in USA). IHL models in Germany no longer produce this item due to bankruptcy.

So it looks like the guys on this forum are the only sellers now!!

I refuse to pay US$500 for a Paramax Mike Jumper from Germany. That is crazy. I could buy another helicopter kit for that!

Anyway, one of you guys should be expecting a order from me soon.

Cheers

Alan

Queensland,
AUSTRALIA
Old 12-20-2004, 05:00 AM
fly103-RCU

Hi Alan,
Sorry to have to say I think your wrong about the competition to make the sale. At least I hope your wrong because our groups goal is to help R/C Skydiving grow. I think if someone were to sit down and figure out exactly how much time goes into the making of the jumpers we and our fellow Skydiver producers produce they would find we are not charging near enough. We each have our way of accomplishing the same thing to get to same goal. (More People dropping R/C Skydivers)
Now lets get to whats really exciting to us. You!!! We are glad to have you aboard!! And if you have any questions at all this is the place to get the answers, and If I cant get you an answer I'm sure Wil, Gary, Jim, Paul, Dave or one of the many more out there will be glad to help. Let us know!!! Talk to you soon!!
Old 12-20-2004, 05:23 AM
fly103-RCU

Hi Again,
Forgot to mention that some were back in the post's you will find a couple more guys from Australia who were getting into R/C Skydiving. Not sure how far back or under which Skydiving heading it was under. Maybe if everyone gives it a look we can find them. Never know they might live next door. Talk to you soon!!!
Old 12-20-2004, 07:26 AM
edge_pilot

Glad to see theres another new guy skydiver! Thats what we all like. I think solomon is correct, we do want to sell our divers but we really want to see the sport grow nomatter what. I think you will get better customer care from any of us that skydive ourselves over a mass distributor. We all skydive ourselves and that makes for a much better product when I am using the same thing that i sell, as well as the other skydiving guys. He really is right about the time we spend on jumpers verses cost. There really is alot of time spent sewing,rigging,manufaturing these skydivers. Glad to see you aboard though and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask .
Old 01-01-2005, 07:39 PM
wjones

This is a list of all the place you can go for info on rc skydiving

www.mindspring.com/~sanyo1
www.rcdropzone.com
www.rcskydiveusa.com
www.solomonrc.com
www.rcskydiving.com

Thx, Wil
rcdropzone.com
Old 01-07-2005, 09:03 PM
ronnie2457
My Feedback: (4)

Hi guys,Im Ronnie from md,and I got into rc airplanes back in sep.I have a senoir telamaster with a os 91 on it ,I have been taking up gliders up on the top and releasing,and doing parashutes dropes ,just been having a good old time,and now I want to try one of these skydivers,been reading the fourms,just dont know witch one to get just yet,but I think I want one ready to jump,like to spend my free time in the air,if anyone has any do"s or donts let me know.thanks
Old 01-07-2005, 11:35 PM
fly103-RCU

Hi Ronnie,
Glad to have you on board. After you check out all the websites listed a couple post ago feel free to come back and ask away and we will see if we can help you with the answers. We have been using a senior telemaster that is over 20 years old with a Supertiger 90 for power and it is quick to get one jumper up to altiude and i beleive it would carry two up but a little slower getting to the top. Due to it age I added an external drop rig so I wouldnt weaken the fuse. We added a pair of Dubro 6" light weight wheels to give us the ground clearence needed. The wheels make it look like a bush plane. Well got to run for now. Again glad to have you aboard!! Talk to you soon!!

Name:	Cz79841.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	212047   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12749.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	212048  
Old 01-08-2005, 10:58 AM
edge_pilot

Welcome to R/C Skydiving! The only do's and dont's of the hobby are................DO buy a skydiver and have a blast.........................DON'T let the summer go by without haveing a skydiver. Pretty simple actually. DO ask all the questions you would like, we would be more than willing to answer anything. You plane will be more than sufficiant to do the job. Buying a ready to fly jumper is a smart way to go because you get a jumper that has all the problems worked out and built for you. Good luck and happy skydiving!
Old 02-11-2005, 04:06 AM
fly103-RCU

Who's going to the Joe Nall show in May????
This is the Largest model show in the world in my book!! Over 4 thousand AMA card holders every day for the week. Over 600 registered Pilots. Huge vendor area. Ive even been told that Curtis Youngblood is going to put a show each day. Matt Chapman puts on a great show in his real plane.
This is the ultimate show to bring exposure to R/C Skydiving. We try to get there on Wed. or Thur. and stay thru. Sat. late or Sun. The show is listed on the AMA website with directions.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:18 PM
lundy

Hello guys A short reply! to Alen
IHL MODELS IN GERMANY is not bankrupt
they just dont produce no longer the junior jumper .
the skydiver from robbe was also produced by IHL.
It takes a lot of time to produce a quality parachute ( time is money )
and the fabric it is produced of is very expensive !
You pay for what you get a quality parachute !!!

LUNDY

BELGIUM
Old 02-17-2005, 06:35 PM
fly103-RCU

Hi Alan,
Glad to have you on board!!! I will go back through my records and see if i can find the guys i have sent jumpers to in Australia, they may be close by to you, you never know. Also the only pursuading we do is trying to get people involved in R/C Skydiving. Once you drop your first jumper and get the rush that comes over you you will find yourself rushing to get the chute packed and ready to go again. Heli drops are great!! I know for myself and i feel ive known Wil Jones ( www.rcdropzone.com ) long enough to be able to say our main goal is to build the sport of R/C Skydiving. As your post says at the bottom about why the small jumpers are not being made anymore is because of the high cost, well i can honestly tell you we are not making anything off our jumper sales, very labor intence and if i were to hire help to help keep up with the orders so i could get them out in a day or two id have to charge close to what Paramax gets for their Mike Jumper. If you have any questions about any of the jumpers on the market or anything in general feel free to ask and we will get you an answer. As i said before, We are glad to have you on board!!! Talk to you Soon!! Ken
Old 02-18-2005, 07:42 AM
lundy

HELLO OUT THERE !
We are considering to come with 2 people and a few jumpers at your rally in MUNCIE IND .
In September ( if we are welcome ?)
We want to bring withus a few parachutes made by Theo Vaesen,
so you can try them ,and see how well they are flying.
What is the exact date and location of the event .
What are the rules at the event?
Are they the same as ours?
Ours are ;
the jumper is dropped 100 Ã* 200 meter in the direction the wind is blowing from,
free fall,left turn,right turn,and then try to land in a circle of 10 meter
(as close as possible to the center point for each 1 cm opposite of the middle
you get one penalty point) against the wind and a straight approach
(back or for flight is allowed)

Hope to hear from somebody soon.

LUNDY
BELGIUM
Old 02-18-2005, 08:00 AM
edge_pilot

That is really cool someone from that far away is coming to join the fun. I sure you will be more than welcome! I'm not sure of the rules myself ,I have never attended one either. I am looking forward to being there myself this year though. What kind of jumpers do you fly???
Old 02-18-2005, 08:31 AM
lundy

HELLO DAVE!

We jump with mike's, you know them ?
Then we have Steve who can alter the angle of attack of the chute to
achive more speed forward.
And then we have woodies made of multiplex wood,these are the same size
as the mike's. these woodies cost somewhere between 100- 120 euro
The chutes are all made by TVproducts,
varieting in sizes and number of chambers.

bye bye !
lundy
Old 02-18-2005, 08:41 AM
edge_pilot

sounds like you guys have alot more options than we do for divers??? I kinda figured you would say "mike", very popular and very nice from what i understand. What surprised me is, "Steve who can alter the angle of attack of the chute to
achive more speed forward." I have never heard of this before. How does he change it??
Old 02-18-2005, 10:50 AM
skydiver

Hallo Lundy,

I was in Kirberg last August for the German Championships. Didn't do very well as you guys are experts in the hobby/sport of R/C skydivers. I have three MIKE's and one Steve.

For Dave's information, the Steve was made by Stefan Etzkorn in Boppard, Germany. The Steve alters the angle of attack by pulling down on the front risers via servo control. It has a Paramax canopy. Theo Vaesen in Belgium makes excellent canopies similar to the Parafoil 96.

Lundy, the Skydiver Rally will be in Muncie, Indiana at the AMA Facility probably September 16-18. Muncie is just northeast of Indianapolis. I can send you a map if needed. The AMA web site also has a locator map. You certainly will be welcome at any event!!

There will also be a Skydiver Rally at New Albany, Indiana (across the Ohio River at Louisville)
This rally will be held July 9-10. Our "rules" are very simple, hit a circular target w/concentric rings from any direction you can. Contrary to European rules, we add points for accuracy.

Lundy, if you need more information, e-mail me: [email protected]

or, give me your telephone number and I'll call you.

Paul Reiner
Old 02-18-2005, 11:20 AM
edge_pilot

Hey Paul, me and you are going to have to get together this spring and do some jumping. Sounds like you are seriously into the sport. you are only about 2 hours from my house. I would like to see what other people are doing. I have alot of people interested in my club now and they plan to do it , but right now its pretty limited on skydivers around here. I am trying to get the horrror stories out of peoples minds and show them the correct, and fun way to skydive successfully.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:07 PM
skydiver

Sounds good Dave.

My place or yours? One club I belong to is located SW of Centerburg on SR-3 We'll have to wait until better wx, I'm a "fair weather flier".

paul
Old 02-18-2005, 12:49 PM
edge_pilot

As far as weather , definately warmer temps. Hard to pack chutes when your hands are so cold you can't hold still. Got to love Ohio.[:'(] I'm trying to get my new jump plane done while trying to do 50 other things anyways.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:30 PM
Huntster

I'd like to check this out as well. I am in the Hampton Roads are of Virginia. Are there any RC Jumpers in this area? I am going to work on making a rig to drop a jumper from my 1/4 scale Cub.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.