Community
Search
Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

unusual projects

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 05:20 PM
Spaceclam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: unusual projects

actually, the aircraft had a hook located on the CG at the top of the wing, that would connect to another hook on the bottom of the blimp gondola, and there was a ladder that allowed the pilots to get in and out.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:12 AM
Espresso-Outfitters
Banned

He he, blame me for the original respone to this guy long after it died out, being new to these forums and having an agenda looking for the unusual, I just couldn't resist, I didn't even look at the date the original post was made, glad other members are still active and enthused about it, it's quite relavent.

I may have a final solution for the air based aircraft carrier, I need to revise and refine the base construction material to make it happen, but if I'm successful, it will dawn a new era of aircraft construction all together.

I felt it was necessary to update this post since it didn't leave enough details to give validity. I presented the concept to a highly educated and extensively experienced individual that is teamed up with others in their area, the idea is so simple and logical, it didn't take pursuasion to get him to completely understand the concept, I feel he's bringing in his ascociates into it to pursue it further in the near future. I'll keep you guys updated about it upon request, otherwise, will keep my mouth shut about it until I have tangible real world results.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:34 PM
lmcp

I can't help you much, but I'm out looking for a plan for a .40-.60 size Flying Stop sign. Do you know anyone who might have such a plan?

Larry
Old 04-30-2006, 03:06 PM
rc monkey

[link=http://www.flyingthingz.com/]Anybody seen this?[/link]
Old 05-05-2006, 04:47 AM
Barfly

Quite a few moons ago there was a Flintstones episode with an airliner in it. The fuselage was carved out of a log, and for propulsion it had a bunch of Pterosaurs lined up along the wings, their claws holding the leading edge. So, how about knock something up out of Depron and carbon tubes with, say, four electric ornithopters on the wing. If it works, go ahead with the real McCoy and use artistic licence in abundance. Should be a hoot!

Another: Has anyone built and flown a working model of Leonardo Da Vinci's helicopter? Challenging, I know, but should get their attention. [X(]

Cheers from the Barfly.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:00 AM
Espresso-Outfitters
Banned

BarFly, it's difficult to be well ahead of your time, I know this from mutual experience. You just gotta do it yourself rather then ask, this field is not nearly that sophisticated. Look to the blade CX for the davinci chopper, it has the necessary counter rotational blade, anything that offsets the orginal screw will do. The flintstones stuff is doable, just expensive at this time, perhaps you might want to just do this one yourself, I'll be the tech advisor, but it's something beyond my budget to do on a commercial scale which would be the only reason I'd justify my time to justify spending upon.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Barfly

Espresso, first let me say that I wasn't thinking commercial, sorry if any mis-understanding there. I was thinking more in terms of a one off for a special event, club day etc..

Yes, a Blade, XRB or similar could be the basis of a DaVinci heli, the upper rotor would be almost unseen above the main spiral rotor thingy. Certainly doable.

The Flintstone Airliner could be as simple as a .40 size trainer with two electric ornithopters attached, and a dab of watercolour for effect. [:-]

I'm just throwing ideas out here for the fun of it, which is what I believe this thread is all about. Have fun guys.

Cheers from the Barfly.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:53 AM
lvspark

How about a flying yard stick?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79651.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	458554   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68824.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	458555  
Old 05-09-2006, 05:20 AM
Espresso-Outfitters
Banned

OOOhhh.. I hate you, I was thinking of putting something like that together for years, hehe [&:][8D]

Replace the rudder/elevator with another cylinder................. You do see where I'm going here. Good job, that is the right stuff!!! How does it fly by the way?
Old 01-16-2007, 09:10 PM
lomcevoc
My Feedback: (36)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there anyone here that has any information on the Flying Skier that is mentioned on the first page of this forum? As in possible rough plans (sizes ect and is there a rudder funtion or just Elevons).
Thanks
Old 01-21-2007, 03:15 PM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

how about a batplane ? I'm scratch building one from Gary Anderson plans and instruction book. i would show you an imige but I don't know how to post it.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:40 PM
lomcevoc

Sounds Cool. To post a pic I believe you ca just click on the "Click here to post images and files" comment when your in the rely box (it's right under the message box). I still would like to get some info on the skier though, dont seem anyone knows where that post pic came from. Yea the post is old but who cares, it's still different.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:01 PM
Scott J

The skier was modelled after Franz Klammer, the alpine skier. I saw it in an R/C mag in the early 80's. Don't remember who built it.

How about a flying riding lawnmower
Old 01-22-2007, 07:18 AM
lomcevoc

Yea sure. That would go with my Flying Push Mower and Porsche, got any plans or info or are ya just throwing ideas around? How about some pics.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:12 AM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3938670/anchors_3938670/mpage_1/key_batplane/anchor/tm.htm#3938670[/link]

Ok guys sorry about the link but this is the best I can do for pictures of the batplane.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:22 AM
Scott J

Just throwing that idea out there. Thought it would be funny.

Scott
Old 12-07-2007, 09:52 AM
coaxial-gyro

I always fancyed somthing fancy like a tightrope walker , with a long balace bar you could make up transparant wings from that .
Old 12-07-2007, 08:38 PM
lomcevoc

I would still love to find some info on the "Flying Skier" I seen awhile back in one of the airplane publications. Never could find any raw specs on the one that was flying out there.... Any one that has any info on the specs, please post them, I have seen plenty of pics of it but no real info about it.
Thanks