Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C
Reload this Page >

Looking for Strange and Unusual?

Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

Looking for Strange and Unusual?

Old 09-18-2006, 05:10 AM
GVT12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Strange and Unusual?

If so, You Got it!

The image above denotes areodynamic testing.

From the front cover.

Old 09-18-2006, 09:27 AM
Sport_Pilot

Default RE: Looking for Strange and Unusual?

Ting Ting Ting, Ting Ting.

Is that X-file or Twilight music I seem to hear in the background?
Old 10-02-2006, 11:05 PM
GVT12

It doesen't get any more strange or unusual than this!

Moreover, it actually works!

Beat that act!
Old 10-03-2006, 07:34 AM
Empennage Gunner
My Feedback: (11)

Post some video! I'd like to see that in action........[&:]
Old 10-04-2006, 02:15 AM
ROSEFIRE

what is it??????????/
Old 10-04-2006, 07:37 AM
Mr. Mugen

WOW.......that was interesting! The things we never think about.....or at least I don't. I understand the concept.....but how did they so many years ago?
Old 10-04-2006, 11:45 AM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: GVT12

It doesen't get any more strange or unusual than this!

Moreover, it actually works!
That depends on how you define "works"

Did you actually read that entire webpage? It was painful. I think the sketch of the man with two big fans on either side of his head, says it all...
Old 10-09-2006, 05:24 AM
GVT12

Hey tommythecat,

Regardless of the inventors ideas or beliefs,
I would'nt get so "opinionated' quite yet until you have seen it yourself.

We will be posting 'in flight' video footage eventually.
until then, I suggest you wait before jumping to any conclusions -

Quite franky this is not a discussion about the inventors theories or ideas, or how crazy you may think he is,
it's a discussion about his unusual wing design that we are planning to make into RC models!
It's unique, it's different than anything else out there, it's really cool, and It works.
and above all that's all that really matters!
Old 10-09-2006, 07:54 AM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

OK, I'm sorry about that. I missed the whole point of your post being just about the wing design. I got hung up on his discussions about hoverboards and lost focus. I hate coming off an narrow or closed-minded.

So now I have to ask, have you flown it yet? I'd be interested to hear about how control is accomplished
Old 10-13-2006, 07:07 AM
Wild Foamy

yeh, where are the ailerons? Elevators?

how do they control it?
Old 10-16-2006, 04:01 AM
GVT12

Good question Wild Foamy!

The fact that they are absent from the picture suggests that there is some other means to control direction, i.e. yaw, pitch & roll.

Now you must ask yourself, what else could possibly do this?

Remember that you are by no means looking at anything remotely related to "conventional" aerodynamics here!
Old 11-05-2006, 09:02 AM
BUDMAN27

So when do we get to see more info on it ?
Old 11-07-2006, 05:13 PM
phoglite

That craft appears to be made of plaster. The website is full of fake science. I predict there will not be a video... just a hunch. -Keith
Old 11-07-2006, 08:52 PM
Mr. Mugen

?
Old 11-14-2006, 11:41 PM
Quicksilver1

this says it all,
"As time, and my knowledge progressed I began to bring forth the ideal Hovercraft-Concept and Ducted-Fan Jet-Pack design, one that could be built by amateur hobbyists and avoid FAA regulations i.e. other than the requirements assigned to ultra-light and ducted fan aircraft."

this was busted on myth busters, bs, if you ask me. The terms used in that webpage are full of terms that just scream bs.

you could like build that from the diagram in the picture lol. really put a lot of time into that drawing.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57504.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	560536  
Old 11-27-2006, 04:30 AM
GVT12

I hate repeating myself but sinc You insist in putting your cart before the horse, allow me to stop you before you put your foot in your mouth!

I will say to you as I said to another...Regardless of the inventors ideas or beliefs,
I would'nt get so "opinionated' quite yet until you have seen it yourself.

We will be posting 'in flight' video footage eventually.
until then, I suggest you wait before jumping to any conclusions -

Quite franky this is not a discussion about the inventors theories or ideas, or how crazy you may think he is,
it's a discussion about his unusual wing design that we are planning to make into RC models!
It's unique, it's different than anything else out there, it's really cool, and It works.
and above all that's all that really matters!

So, until we "Show" what this new wing "Can" do,
( fake science, or perhaps not as much here remains to be seen after we complete our testing)
I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself!

Old 12-07-2006, 05:56 PM
anci3nt

Can you go into detail on how the engine works? I have a hard time believing the theory behind something like this can be miniaturized and energy efficient enough to outperform any existing propulsion methods. Please don't misunderstand me, I say this not to discredit your post, but every new product idea should be prepared to face the unfriendly process of scientific scrutiny.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:37 AM
peanut_style

hmmm... Well GVT12, there are some things that I must say; first, I noticed that there are videos and CDs for sale on the www.quantumgravatics.tripod.com web site and that the proceeds are used to further fund the research and development of the Ram Implosion Wing Turbine. Further on, I found that there are other links to sites such as www.vortexscience.com that discusses how we can live better if we can harness the power of the vortex, which would be wonderful as we could reduce our needs on fossil fuels as a whole. Combined, these two points (proceeds to pay for development to make a better world, (patent pending)) in general terms usually comes from an organisation that wishes to sell an ideal and not necessarily a product regardless of rhetoric.

At the end of the day those who believe that there is a device or mechanism that will give us something for nothing (perpetual motion) in order to build a better society (and get rich at it) are just setting themselves up for failure. Keep in mind that any sustained vortex (or system) requires some external energy to keep it going otherwise the inequalities in the system that started the vortex will equalise and the vortex (or system) will eventually dissipate.

One more thing, when these types of organisations try and sell these concepts to the general public, it would behoove them not to describe how David Blaine and Chris Angel "...might be levitating through using the pineal gland in thier brain to create a special resonating oscillation. Many versions of the resulting telekinetic effect are produced biologically by the human brain. Those versions include telekinetic healing, bending of spoons and so on." .

I will give these organisations one thing; at one point in our history, it was generally believed that the world was flat... I can't wait to see the next shape that the world will take!

R
Old 12-19-2006, 04:23 PM
Glen Merritt

Hey GVT12,

Opinions are what fuel these discussion boards. It's naive to say we should "keep our opinions to ourselves". To see such vague statements as those appearing on the web site based on some psudo science is really asking for the "hammer of intellect" to fall on your head.

Talk is cheap, you say "It's unique, it's different than anything else out there, it's really cool, and It works, and above all that's all that really matters!" but I say actions speak louder than words.

Your last name wouldn't be Moller, would it?
Old 12-31-2006, 11:16 AM
KingCobra2

[:-]
Old 12-31-2006, 11:19 AM
KingCobra2

WAIT!!!!!!!! That is those fancy television antennas I have seen advertised for R.V.'s!!!!!!!!! How is the reception?
Old 12-31-2006, 11:38 AM
KingCobra2

As in Agent Muller and Sculley?
ORIGINAL: Glen Merritt

Hey GVT12,

Opinions are what fuel these discussion boards. It's naive to say we should "keep our opinions to ourselves". To see such vague statements as those appearing on the web site based on some psudo science is really asking for the "hammer of intellect" to fall on your head.

Talk is cheap, you say "It's unique, it's different than anything else out there, it's really cool, and It works, and above all that's all that really matters!" but I say actions speak louder than words.

Your last name wouldn't be Moller, would it?
Old 01-04-2007, 01:13 PM
saucerguy
Banned

GVT12 That antena design would fly, it just needs a rudder, will make a rather tip stalling bird regardless, been there, done that and am actually working on a canard bird that uses something similar to that, be it, not curling in to itself. The sketch of the ducted fan powered jet pack I already see being done by another company, they are waiting on approval, with the 150lb weight ratio on it, they gotta add some form of landing gear so the pilot doesn't break his legs upon landing in my opinion.

Along working, yeah, it works, at least when it comes to making a sale from time to time fishing for leads in places like this. Take note folks, there are plenty of paypal buy now buttons on his links, the literature is worded to make it sound all high tech, but the concepts are beyond simple and I gotta agree, very hard to read through which aids in that suto intellectual persona he's trying to convey.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:52 PM
MadScientist

Hey, The web site says that you can buy one of these "Ram Implosion Wings" all made up and ready to bolt onto the back of your piece of *&^% '70s Van for only $865.95- SHIPPING INCLUDED! Increases gas mileage! Man, I was going to get a couple of Q40 planes to race, but I'd much rather have a foam curley cue wrapped in fiberglass hanging off of my Astro Van! What a total crock. Anyone who buys one of those things deserves to get ripped off.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:23 PM
KingCobra2

ORIGINAL: MadScientist

Hey, The web site says that you can buy one of these "Ram Implosion Wings" all made up and ready to bolt onto the back of your piece of *&^% '70s Van for only $865.95- SHIPPING INCLUDED! Increases gas mileage! Man, I was going to get a couple of Q40 planes to race, but I'd much rather have a foam curley cue wrapped in fiberglass hanging off of my Astro Van! What a total crock. Anyone who buys one of those things deserves to get ripped off.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.