Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > User Product Reviews
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 Carden Edition Extra 300

Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

Hangar 9 Carden Edition Extra 300

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 07:35 AM
jandavid59

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hangar 9 Carden Edition Extra 300

Hey Everyone,

I purchased this plane after already owning one Yak-54 Carden Edition and was really excited to receive the same quality product. Unfortunately I was really surprised. Firstly, the landing gear is held by four screws straight into the wood without any nuts or blind nuts. Any type of landing on grass will rip off the four screws and especially any rough landing will result in damages. Secondly, the rudder installation is impossible. The hinges don't align and you cannot insert the pin through the hinges. You will need to drill new holes and reinstall the new robart pin hinges. Overall, this plane any many latest released products from Horizon Hobby have been extremely low quality and I beleive that they skipped the Quality Assurance procedures. It's impossible to have released products like this on the market.

It costs you over $800 for this plane and it's exactly the same quality of that you can find from a chinese retailer on ebay or any other place where it costs around $300. I think $300 is the right price for this product.

It's simply a shame that Carden released this plane and branded it. I don't suggest this plane to anyone who wants to receive a quality product.

[&o]
Old 07-07-2013, 02:33 PM
zx32tt
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 Carden Edition Extra 300

It's not a Carden,for the simple fact that Carden does not offer ARF's. Its a Carden design manufactured by some Chinese company and distributed by H9 / Horizon. The landing gear is done that way on purpose, so that the gear will separate, and not rip the guts out of the airframe on a hard landing. I'm not defending H-9 by any means. They burned me on a Yak 54.