Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

Great planes giant citabria

Old 09-23-2014, 03:44 PM
mickeyrogers
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great planes giant citabria

I just completed my new CITABRIA. When it arrived it was double boxed and very well packaged,believe it or not there was not a wrinkle or blemish anywhere on the covering,the wheel pants and cowl match perfectly. It took me about 20hrs. to complete the assembly of it,the instructions are clear and only a few items such as the strut assembly and throttle linkage are tricky. I maidened the plane on SEPTEMBER 20th 2014 it only took 5 clicks of elevator up trim to get it flying hands off. This plane is plenty aerobatic for what it is and the 35 pulls it with authority. The first flight was uneventful the landing was easy and the plane slows nicely I will caution you that the plane has a lot of yaw so mix about 20% aileron rudder mix and it will correct that. The second flight started off fine but about 4 minutes into it the windshield rose up as it is held on with magnets,the plane became almost completely uncontrollable. I was able to get it back to the runway but the landing could not be managed so the plane hit the ground breaking my new ZOAR prop and really bending up the landing gear. I inspected the plane to find that the two magnets at the top of the windshield were not glued in and had came off with the windshield,yes they were supposed to be glued at the factory. This is a great looking plane and flies nice but the windshield may be an issue due to the magnets. I would strongly recommend checking the magnets before the maiden,I will post whether or not re-gluing the magnets solved the problem,good luck and happy flying.