Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > User Product Reviews
Reload this Page >

Tower Hobbies F4U Corsair electric NICE! 39"

Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

Tower Hobbies F4U Corsair electric NICE! 39"

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 02:20 PM
billinpa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tower Hobbies F4U Corsair electric NICE! 39"

24 years of glow with Futaba FM, time for an electric and 2.4! What's your opinion on the above airplane? Yesterday a couple of guys had the Corsair, P-51 and P-40 at the field and they like them. I do too, something to fill the gap because we can fly electric anytime, no glow or gas before 12n Sundays. I'm fine with that, give and take to preserve the field. The Tower site suggests Futaba Rx but the guys use H King and Tactic stuff and are very pleased with them. Can one use a Tactic radio (2.4) with other brands of Rx's? Can anyone provide me with a link outlining the basics of electrics, compatibilities between equip mfgs etc. This is all new to me! Thanks to all for the tips...
Bill in Pa.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:15 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Bill,I have one as well as a couple of other guys and we love them. Very stable even in windy conditions and you can use whatever receiver/radio you like. All 2.4 systems are proprietary so you will need to use matching equipment. Hobby king started making receivers to match Futaba and Spectrum systems a lot of guys use them because they are cheap. Go to the beginner forum for electrics here and look up the sticky at the top of the forum. Tactic allows you to use their receivers if you buy the adapter to use on your radio otherwise you will need to buy their transmitter.

Cliff, TCWS