Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > User Product Reviews
Reload this Page >

Jamara Spitfire60 ARTF(+ retracts)!

Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

Jamara Spitfire60 ARTF(+ retracts)!

Old 12-06-2006, 03:12 AM
irishnoel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jamara Spitfire60 ARTF(+ retracts)!

I have just purchased used SA Spit. Can anyone tell me what are the recommended Control surface throws on this model?
Thanks
Noel
Old 12-07-2006, 01:02 AM
bullet65

i will see this weekend if i can find the directions
Old 12-07-2006, 02:54 AM
irishnoel

That will be much appreciated
Thanks
Old 12-12-2006, 10:07 PM
bullet65

it say folowing
rudder=44mm
elevator=30mm
aileron=15mm
these it says for general flight and readjust to your needs
Old 12-13-2006, 03:14 AM
irishnoel

Thats very helpfull, thank you
Hopefully I'll get to fly it this weekend, weather permitting.

Noel
Old 04-28-2007, 09:06 AM
ozspit

This thread has been dead for a while but I managed to get my replacement SA Spit up and flying for my club's Warbird day! The OS 91FSII is running really well and the aircraft is a dream to fly. I kept the cowl cutouts to a minimum, disguising the inlet as the aircraft code and cutting holes in the firewall to take the outlet air through the bottom of the former at the wing root. I'm running a bit rich but so far have had no overheating problems. The dummy exhausts and radiators (recovered from my previous model) are home built. I did a bit of research and found that SZ-G was at times the aircraft of Polish ace Aleksander Gabszewicz so I added a few decals taken from info gleaned from the net to add interest if not perfect scale realism!
Here's some photos at home after the maiden and an "in flight" from the warbird day.
Unfortunately I lost the canopy in mid air last week. I've managed to make a half decent plug from the remains of my old SA Spit canopy. I am going to make a vacuum forming box so I can make a replacement as I don't think I can purchase one here in Oz. (Let me know if you can!) The Topflite canopy is too small.
A fellow clubmember also has an SA Spit painted up in Aussie MkVIII colours as per the real one now preserved at Temora NSW. He's running an OS120FS! Flies it at half throttle most of the time!
PS My all up weight is 3300g. CoG 100mm from leading edge. No added weight, battery is over the fuel tank for balance. Prop is 14/6 Master Airscrew K Series.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45862.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	673862   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93088.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	673863   Click image for larger version

Name:	In26174.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	673864  
Old 04-28-2007, 09:24 AM
EchoBravo
My Feedback: (220)

[link=http://www.hobbypeople.net/guru/hps_726297075.asp]Hobby People[/link] here in the states still offers a replacement canopy and a replacement fuselage for the SA Spitfire.

The [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=HAN4254]Hangar 9[/link] Spitfire canopy may work as well.

Someday I'll get to mine![sm=rolleyes.gif]

You did exactly what I plan to do to mine, model it after Aleksander Gabszewicz's. Nice job on the bulldog graphic!
Old 04-28-2007, 09:39 AM
ozspit

Thanks EB. If I can't get a decent result from my vac forming efforts I'll have to ship one from the US. Is this model back on the market over there? Can't get them here any more.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:49 AM
EchoBravo
My Feedback: (220)

Unfortunately no. Luckily Hobby People still has some old stock of these 2 parts from Global.

Here's Wikipedia's story on [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksander_Gabszewicz]Gabszewicz[/link]

Name:	Lj22957.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	673876  
Old 04-28-2007, 09:55 AM
ozspit

Also, EB, I got the bulldog graphic from a photo of MH434 which was painted as SZ-G for the Chailey air show in the UK. (2006 I think.) Google SZ-G or gabszewicz. Hasegawa make a 1/48 kit which shows the detail too. My graphics are just printed on paper on my home PC printer then glued on with spray photo glue and clear coated with matt estapol.
Not perfect but cheap. When they look a bit tired and fuel soaked I just replace them!
Old 04-28-2007, 10:00 AM
ozspit

SZ-G Bulldog pic.

Name:	Zx70174.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	673878  
Old 07-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Flying Canuk

I think this is the only pic I have of it.

Name:	Jh16809.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	717937   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29594.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	717938  
Old 11-25-2007, 11:28 PM
WilliamT

I have just started assembling the Sportsman Aviation Spitfire 60 that I purchased over 2 years ago on a visit to Australia!
I have been through this thread and gleaned lots of useful tips from Mac and others, thank you.

I have been looking forward to assembling this model, but now that I get down to it I am disappointed with the lack of detail in the supplied "instructions" - if you can call the single page of schematics that! I would hate to being doing this as my second or third plane (it is actually about my 15th ARF), as there are just too many questions unanswered.

However can anybody please give me some guidance re installation of the elevator and rudder control rods? The lack of pre-cut exit slots for these is giving me a headache. There is a nice solid V-block at the rear of the fuselage holding everything firm, but this seems as though it will interfere with cutting the locations for the exit slots. Does it?

Also, I have thought about improving control of the elevator by using a horn on each elevator half and two pushrods wires at the end of the wooden pushrod. Any thoughts on this? I don't like the idea of driving those large elevator surfaces from just one horn.
What about dual mini-servos mounted at the tail, with their tops sticking out of the fuselage, and using short external pushrods? (A but ugly and non-semiscale!) Or maybe dual standard servos up front and a couple of Sullivan Gold-n-rods or similar?

Your comments will be most welcome.
Thanks,
Bill

Old 02-04-2008, 06:39 PM
ozspit

Bill,
haven't checked this thread for a while....
Firstly, I haven't had any trouble with the elevator using the single supplied horn on one side and my Spit gets a lot of work. I reckon I have about 30 hours flight time on it in the last year (~150 flights).
As far as the exits go, place the horns where you reckon they should go and take a line from the servo arm to find the likely exit point and drill and angled hole along the line at that point. There is a bit of guess work but mine works ok.
The main issue with this model is that the covering does bubble in the heat (maybe less of an issue in NZ) and it is difficult to remove the creases although I have had success putting pinholes through to let the air out.
Have fun, it's a great flier!
Old 04-09-2008, 09:31 PM
rc34074
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know how I can get a wing for this plane? I have all the rest of the parts to put together this plane- just need a wing. thanks for any help you can give.

Ed
Old 01-19-2010, 11:39 PM
jrotor
My Feedback: (5)

Hi Mac and all,
Which mechanical retract fit this airplane ?
Where can I buy one ?

Thanks.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Eplane65
My Feedback: (16)

This looks identical to my H&M Performance Spitfire (no longer in business) that is identical to the Hangar 9 Spitfire. I'm sure there is only one Chinese factory cranking these things out for various customers. BTW, mine flies great!
Old 01-22-2017, 06:17 AM
brijesf

Hi can you plsssss forward to me to the manual at [email protected] tks