Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

gsp hellcat

Old 01-02-2004, 10:40 PM
The Nfamus 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gsp hellcat

Just purchased a gsp hellcat. Will an OS 1.60 be to much power for this plane?
Old 01-04-2004, 10:12 PM
jeffEE
My Feedback: (5)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: gsp hellcat

I don't know about the hellcat, but I have a GSP peashooter. 72" span and I put a Magnum 91 2c in it and it flies great. Now the p-26 peashooter was no rocket to start with. But if you feel that it is too much motor....that what your left thumb is for.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:29 AM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Why is this question posted in the User Product Reviews forum?
Old 03-03-2004, 08:56 PM
WilliamB

One of the magazines, Model Airplane News I believe, had a write up on this kit where the writer stated he used a 91 fx and it flew great. I built a p-26 and used an OS 90 four stroke which had plenty of power. I just bought the Giantscaleplane Hellcat and will most likely run 90 four stroke in that kit also.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:12 AM
seaviper

I just received my GSP hellcat. I am putting an OS 120 four stroker in it as well as Robart retracts. The workmanship is excellent on the plane but the included hardware is throw away material.

I am modifying the flap actuation for 1 servo per flap, and I'm mounting the aileron servos flush in the wing. I've decided to uncover and glass the wings and tail. The Fuse will be repainted as well to achieve a more scale appearance. The canopy is for an F6F-5 and the cowl is for an F6F-3 and the paint job is missing the 3rd color. I am going to do mine as an F6F-5 in overall dark gloss blue with a yellow nose ring. Woodwork on the wings is beautiful. One of my ailerons was 1/8" shorter than the other though.

Also Im using a Sullivan dual ball link and two separate rods for the elevator actuation. I like that better than the "y" thingy.

having a little trouble finding an inverted Pitts muffler...I know Slimline makes one, but i cant find it.

Now if work will stop getting in the way of my building...lol

Photos when I get time to do em....
Old 06-07-2004, 06:54 PM
dogsbodi

I am just about finish with mine and i got a Webra 120 engine with CJ retracts. I will let you know how it goes.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76631.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	140752   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj24030.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	140753  
Old 06-21-2004, 04:56 PM
Texastbird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, has anyone flown their Hellcat yet? Any comments on the quality of this plane besides the crummy hardware?
Old 10-12-2004, 08:59 AM
ffdq
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dogsbodi your hellcat looks great just like what i,m shooting for with the same kit.what kind of paint,what decals,what retracts,also what prop size.and engine.i love your hellcat.