Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

h9 f4u bent wing bird

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 09:55 PM
jeffEE
My Feedback: (5)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default h9 f4u bent wing bird

It went together fast. It fits any size motor within the specs. without any trouble. It flies well, but not great. It is a floater on landings, but will tip stall if you get it to slow. The retracts held up great on its 2 flights so far. It is not scale in many areas, but for an afr its not bad. The weight of mine ready to fly was 8.3 lbs. And that is with a saito 3 cyl radial in it. It will fall out of a turn and snap rather quickly, but then it IS a warbird. The wood in the fuse is so thin that it cracked when it was set upside down into the field box craddle with the wings on. and the cowl is gel coated. so stress cracks show up fast. Overall it is just what I thought it would be. An ARF for about 250. dollars. BUT>>> It REALLY looks great in a low pass. Jeff