Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

Ace simple series ultimate

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 06:26 AM
KingAirJockey
Banned
My Feedback: (-2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ace simple series ultimate

I needed a plane for a magnum .15 I had sitting around in the box for a few years and ran across this one on rcu.Picked the kit up for $45.Upon opening,found 2 sets of very nice foam wings,along with the assorted ply and balsa needed to build the airplane.The plywood is all very decent stuff,but the balsa diecuts needed a little to be desired,it looks like the blades were getting a little dull.After a little sanding all is well.I wasnt going to build this one for awhile since I've got too many projects as it is,but a little biplane just intrigued me too much.Contstruction is straight forward and easy as pie.The fuselage was built the first night in about 2 hours,and the wings were constructed the next night in about an hour.This is the quickest,nicest building little airplane I've ever had.I'm in the covering stage now,using coverite painted fabric and should be done with the covering tomoroww,along with engine and radio installation.I hope to get it flying by sunday,looks like it should be a nice little flyer.If you want something small,thats quick and easy to build,check this one out.I'll get some pics for it tomoroww.
Old 03-21-2002, 04:13 PM
KingAirJockey
Banned

Well,its all covered now and the motor is installed,but I've been to busy to get anything else done on it.I'll get the pics reduced and posted here today,for 45 bucks it's great looking little airplane.
Old 03-21-2002, 06:00 PM
Homebrewer
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bipe

Its also fun to fly. I lost mine this summer when the small wooden rod that connects the eleveator halves failed during some very wild aerobatics. I already got a replacement kit but haven't gotten around to buildiing it. This plane will do ok on a .15 (I had a Norvel .15) but a buddy had a Veco .19 in it and it had unlimited vertical all day long.
Old 03-21-2002, 06:56 PM
KingAirJockey
Banned

Pictures
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	6381_584.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	3501