Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > User Product Reviews
Reload this Page >

SV 26cc Gas Engine for 120 size planes

Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

SV 26cc Gas Engine for 120 size planes

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 03:18 AM
freeonthree
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SV 26cc Gas Engine for 120 size planes

This is my first gasoline engine, and I wish I had gone another direction. It runs ok, but it has been a constant battle. First of all, the timing was way off from the factory, about 10 degrees too far advanced. Then there's the muffler... real soft material, and it kept crushing and coming lose. There was also a small hole in the throttle butterfly that I had to plug because it was making the engine idle too fast. Then one day, a friend of mine noticed that one of the mounting ears had broken, and I had to have that welded, and when I took the engine apart, I found that one of 4 case bolts was too long, and was bottomed out, not squeezing the cases together at that corner. It still runs ok, but if I had to do it again, knowing what I know now, I would save my money and buy a better quality engine. Dennis
Old 10-24-2008, 12:25 PM
HeliTB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SV 26cc Gas Engine for 120 size planes

I got mine running superbly. With a 16x8 I'm turning 8500 rpm. I backed it off (richened it) to about 8400 rpm. Starts easy after the first run. The first run of the day takes a little more to get the fuel moving, but once it's started it good to go. I guess I got one of the better ones since I got mine in August 2008.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:44 PM
XmanB

I just tried to start mine today and couldn't get even a pop out of it. The spark was highly intermittant (sometimes good, sometimes not at all) so I changed the plug and grounded the cable against the stand-off leg with no change. It was getting plenty of fuel and the ignitionbattery was fully charged. Any ideas? What are your high & low settings?
Old 06-26-2010, 03:09 PM
gkm41
My Feedback: (4)

I was having the same problems with mine, tried everything, finally was turing it over with ignition on and no spark plug in the cap and I heard a faint snap sound, turns out it was arcing back along the spark plug wire to the cap... pulled all that apart, cleaned it well and cut the plug wire back half an inch, put a couple layers of heat shrink tubing on it and runs like a top now... and started with 1 1/2 turns on each needle, had to lean the low a little but otherwise it runs great.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:42 PM
blhollo2
My Feedback: (278)

anyone know what type of spark plug it takes??