Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

Walkera V200D01 gyro overcorrecting

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera V200D01 gyro overcorrecting

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 11:09 AM
martin_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera V200D01 gyro overcorrecting

Hi all, this is my first post, I'm not new to heli, so.. I bought that V200D01 to add something cool in my heli collection and I need some information about those Walkera 3 axis gyro.

For first, it's a very nice flyer when you move smoothly,very stable, It canhover hands off and even in a slight breeze it's really easy to hover.

The problem start when I try to beat them a little, as soon as the heli is too much tilted, the gyro overcome my cyclic imput and violently try to correct the heli in a horizontal position (hover position) I even try to make a large loopfrom avery hight altitude (FP heli obliged) but the gyro don't let me do this, when the heli is tilted to somewhere around90° I getseveral violent forward wag evenif I maintainthe stick fully pulled, the heli act like a large pendulum and I really felt like I wasfighting hard against it.

The same thing happens when there is some goodwind outside, if I try to overcome the wind quite tilted, I soon get violent wag, it's start to get boring, at the price I paid that heli, I expected more than to make a desktop ornamentation with it.

I tried to lower the Gain value on elv/ail, but a too low setting make the heli all over the place and I still get someovercorrection.

Elv/ail. exp. is at the max.

Is there something to do to get rid of that overcorrection, or is there a better 3 axis gyroreceiver I can buy?

Old 10-05-2010, 04:45 PM
ksm1969

Default RE: Walkera V200D01 gyro overcorrecting

Hey Martin. I just sold my V200D01. Mine did the same thing. I tried everything and couldnt figure it out. Also the gears strip real fast so good luck. I have heard the tail drive systems in the Walkera'a strip gears. Take Care...Ksm1969
Old 10-12-2010, 09:05 AM
martin_

I also tried everything but like you I sold it, I hope they will change the 3 axis in that model to solve that problem.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:21 PM
ksm1969

Hello. I got the V200D02. Gears dont strip like the V200D01 but it flies the same. It tries to correct itself in a forward flight. There has to be some sort of adjustment. If you ever figure it out let me know...KSM1969
Old 01-17-2011, 04:29 PM
stope246

Hello,
You can try either turning down the gyro sensitivity settings or off all together which will make it fly without the pendulum motion. I've set mine to around 1/4 on all 3 settings and it seems to fly pretty good now.