Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

Walkera new V120D05 mini heli with belt driven tail

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera new V120D05 mini heli with belt driven tail

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 06:43 PM
ehirobo ehirobo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera new V120D05 mini heli with belt driven tail

Another new mini heli from Walkera. But this one is a little special. One can truly perform in a micro size. A belt driven tail means it is very easy to work on without the issue with the tinny tail gears. Over sized outrunner motors to give you the performance necessary to do some real 3D action.

What’s inside the box?
Like most walkera this one come well packed with their vacuumed formed packaging. Ready to fly with chargers, spare blades etc. Coloured box with the “Chinglish†manual. LOL Everything is there so let’s charge the battery and see how it fly.

Flight impression:
Due to the limited space we have inside the warehouse I can only do some basic stuff with it… But the first thing I notice is it have a lot more punch compare to the other v120’s. Rocky solid rudder control with very quick reaction. Unlike the smaller brushless motor used in old model. This outrunner sure have enough power to do the job properly. The foam blades include with the kit sure offer some protection to the heli during a crash. But personally would prefer the much stiffer carbon blades. Personally I like this heli as it handle more like 450 size heli, not really touchy and have enough power to fly like bigger heli. ïŠ
Old 12-20-2010, 02:24 AM
ehirobo ehirobo

Default RE: Walkera new V120D05 mini heli with belt driven tail

A quick side by side comparing the V120D05 vs 4G6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0hPiErfhww
Old 12-25-2010, 10:42 PM
macz

Nice heli just pricey...for being a mini.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:20 PM
ehirobo ehirobo

ya, I agree it is not a cheap heli. But I mean you get what you pay for.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:52 PM
bikemad

I don't know about that, I paid over a ton for my 3#4b, I've had it a year and it's work for 5 weeks, the 3in1 giro won't work, I've had two new 3in1's and both are broken in different ways, it's that bad I can't get the company to send me another 3in1 ,I know walkera are cheap but if you can't fly it's just junk,
ps in that 5 weeks I've had to replace the tail motor and esc,
I thought walkera were getting better since I bought my 60b 3 years ago,
I guess not
Old 01-10-2011, 07:50 PM
ehirobo ehirobo

As these walkera are getting smaller and smaller the electronic can damaged quite easily......
Old 01-11-2011, 02:27 AM
bikemad

so easy I can't get new one that works, I've had the heli for a year now and it's been in the air for 5 weeks, I wouldn't mind paying 3 times more than it cost if the build quality was better and someone else built it, there is a big or should I say small hole in the RC heli market that only walkera seem to see,
A heli light enough to run a slow head speed so if it hit's you TY or you it won't hurt to much but not a coaxial, and yes I did test it,
I liked the way the 3#4b handled and the size is just right and I'd even put up with it's giro when it works,
It's such a shame it's build quality is so bad and if it's cos of the size why is was the 4# and the 60b I've had so bad,
To cheap I think, I would say blame the market but a phrase springs to mind, FIT FOR PURPOSE, and I didn't buy it for a paper weight,
Old 01-11-2011, 06:36 PM
ehirobo ehirobo

to be hornest walkera had come a long way....... The 4#3's are great brand new. But the major issue is the tail motor. As there are so much small things that may go wrong..... In most case is the small 3 wires connecting to the tail motor. As if anyone of them have a slight bad contact may cause major tail holding issue. Try to cut the plugs and solder the wire directly as this should help a lot..... You really should give the new belt (shaft) driven heli a try. The tail holding power is much much better than tail motor setup. The rudder control "feel" is really similar to larger heli.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:00 AM
bikemad

walkera are getting better, they still have some way to go, but it's not just walkera, I could name a few makes, just my view, I don't want other's thinking it's just walkera it's not, it's a war to bring us the best and cheapest, it's just were you draw the line between cheap and quietly, I don't mind paying more for better and that's me,
I've replaced tail motor and brushless ESC, the old one lasted weeks, I got it working with the second 3 in 1 but a small silver square fell out of the 3 in 1 and that was the end of that one, it work well for a few hours up to that point, I'm guessing it was the giro part/chip,
my point is I got it working with the second 3 in 1 till it fall apart,so it's not the wire or plug, I did cheak the wire with a ohoms meter,
I then sent it back and they sent me another 3 in 1, this one wouldn't work at all, I put the original one back it to make sure it wasn't any thing else, it powered up and worked with a dodgy giro, put the by now the third 3 in 1 back in and still no power, they wouldn't send me any more, two was all they would send, so in short they sent me two 3 in 1's one work for a few hours the other one wouldn't work at all, they were good enough to refund me, but don't want to send any more,
Old 01-13-2011, 07:06 PM
ehirobo ehirobo

[:@]OMG......