Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

V400D02 Main gear woes

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 07:26 AM
FCRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V400D02 Main gear woes

I've been flying the V400D02 since early December (non 3D) and recently noticed a progressive vibration and loss of lift over the last few flights. Blades and Pitch were okay but I did notice the main gear was getting chewed up causing loss of head speed. Gear mesh seemed acceptable (not too tight/loose), but I am curious to ask if anyone else flying this heli has experienced the same main gearwear? A new one is on order and hopefully this corrects the issue. Thanks for any input.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:33 AM
Thrustline

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: V400D02 Main gear woes

Yea, it is common and the more wear the less lift, I have gone thru 3 of them, seems the gear is too soft and after each flight you can see small amounts of dust at the motor top.
I have been looking at trying to find a carbon gear that meets up that will work. Other wise you have to keep a few mains for spare.......I have a couple other Walkeras that have the same inherit problem too.