Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

VD200D01

Old 04-06-2011, 05:48 PM
olefart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VD200D01

I am just a few days away from ordering a VD200D01, and have been reading all that I can about it. In his forum I have read several posts about this heli tilting backward in forward flight possibly because of the gyros over correcting... These posts were dated last year (2010), but now I am concerned that this may still be a problem, or if it may have been a few "Bad" helis. If you currently fly one of these, PLEASElet me know if this is still a problem before I order one. Most everything else I have read about this heli has been VERY positive ( except for the tail gears stripping.
Thanks
Old 04-07-2011, 05:18 AM
ModeratedUser26032019

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VD200D01

Hi,

I purchased a V200D01 in December 2010. At first it flew beautifully, and then, after a few bumps, the rudder(tail) gyro reversed its direction. That is to say that instead of correcting for oversteer to the right, the gyro corrected to the right resulting in a helicopter wildly spinning to the right. Same for correction to the left.

Slipping/stripped gears in main drive or tailshaft drive are not the problem.

What I tried:

Mountingreceiver upside down.Doingthis regained rudder control but, as you might imagine, the pitch and roll axesgyro now compensated incorrectly.

Buying new receiver. Noluck, same results.

installed futaba 520 gyro on the V200D01. Great rudder control but no gyro feedback in pitch and roll axes. Added futaba receiver with identicalresults. (installing a fly bar at this point may have helped)

Replacing my 2403 Tx with 2801. The 2801 Tx only sees the 2437vRx as a 2401 series Rx and it is also ineffective in resolving the problem.

What I haven't tried:

Adding a flybar

Replacing speed controller.

My advice is buy ahelicopter with a flybar!

DPB56