Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Replace servo's on Walkera 450

Old 07-21-2011, 06:35 PM
saintsokwitit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replace servo's on Walkera 450

I need to replace one of the servo's on the swashplate due to it being stripped out. I figured I would change all 3 servo's since Im changing 1 out and want any suggestions.
Can I rebuild them?
Can I use another brand of servo beside walkera?

Old 08-05-2011, 06:44 PM
ehirobo ehirobo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Replace servo's on Walkera 450

Really no point to rebuild them as parts are not available.... Any std 9g servo will work the the V450.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:51 PM
Flying Fiz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Replace servo's on Walkera 450

Hi,

Just make sure you change all three and not replace just  that one servo unless you replace it with the same Walkera servo. Those standard servos strip way too easily. You are better off with good quality servos.

And good luck with the V450D01. I had one, and a V500D01 as well - they are both in retirement, both of them had serious 3G receiver issues mid air, I repaired the V450 a number of times. The last time it just went beserk mid air when I was pulling a loop and the stick inputs were not being reflected in the heli. After it zoomed around uncontroably for 5 seconds it hit hard and nearly totalled itself - the little sucker can just gather dust in the garage now.

My V500D01 zoomed up and backwards at me (actually hit me) on initial spool up one day. That too is never coming out again.

You've been warned - stand a good distance from those Walkera FBL systems in flight. They have MAJOR Glitches from time to time.