Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Genius CP mechanical setup?

Old 07-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Correy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Genius CP mechanical setup?

Hi,

Doing some research on this heli before I purchase one and I have a detailed transmitter setup (thanks Tom Z) but can't find any info on how to perform mechanical setup. Can anyone point me to a setup for that? In addition, I noticed there is an adjustment switch on the receiver (next to the axis switch) that isn't explained very well in the manual.....what is the purpose of this switch and is it related to the mechanical setup?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks,
Correy
Old 07-24-2012, 07:54 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Genius CP mechanical setup?

ORIGINAL: Correy

Hi,

Doing some research on this heli before I purchase one and I have a detailed transmitter setup (thanks Tom Z) but can't find any info on how to perform mechanical setup. Can anyone point me to a setup for that? In addition, I noticed there is an adjustment switch on the receiver (next to the axis switch) that isn't explained very well in the manual.....what is the purpose of this switch and is it related to the mechanical setup?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks,
Correy
that is freaky as crap, thats my name!!!!!

anyway, I would leave that switch alone, if i remember right, get your trim dead center and then make sure the swash plate is as flat as possible. then spin it up while holding it and check blade track, if you see a blade spin higher or lower than the other, mark the blades, adjust one blade accordingly ( by tightening or loosening the link a half turn at a time) its kinda trial and error, you can take a TINY strip of colored tape on each blade one farther in than the other, and you can tell which blade needs adjustment.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:06 AM
ATVAlliance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont think the Genius CP has adjustable links...other than the cyclic ones and you wouldnt use those for blade tracking.

Just like the mCPX pretty much...other than on its 3-n1 board, you can set some dip switches to tame it and basically make it a FP heli where it wont go inverted.

So, saying that...if your blades arent tracking...I would look for warped blades and/or bent feathering shaft.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:39 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW, I just got mine, first CP AND single blade, I had the power stance going, ready to keep it from smacking into a wall, I power it up and the damn thing hovers like a coaxial! no adjustment, just plugged it in and flew, literally could take my hand off the cyclic for 20 seconds, yeah, it can still get away from you, but its easy to get its composure again. I'm pretty good on a sim, but the sim is harder to hover than the real deal.

I'm sold for life with their stuff, my lama2 was also far better than the blade equivalent.