Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

WALKERA 37

Old 08-09-2006, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WALKERA 37

well. if you like cheaps shoes... good for you.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:54 PM

Helo W37, I no mean you buy bad shoes or sythetic leather. I mean on my analogy you pick a more good shoe that will last

5 years instead of getting new shoes at $10 each for 5 years and it will only total $50 after 5 years. I know armani shoe you said that

is good and last long because designer shoes but after 5 years even this designer shoe will be outdated.

I saw Payless Shoe store you said when me went to USA before. this shoe store sell cheap shoes with some factory damage or shoes

without box so sell them cheaper. I dont know wny your feet stink if you buy shoes from Payless shoe store, I think it is not good

shoes or you need to use some foot powder to remove bad smell from feet. that is bad to have athletes foot it not good cause it

smells. dont take my analogy literaly, I point out only scenario to you that china not make very high quality products so you buy it

cheaper than high quality but get chance to buy more and always new. I think you not understand my point about shoes sample you

take shoe sample literaly and make bad accounts on cheap shoes to smell your feet. shoes not make your feet smell. your feet smell

because of fungus. better use powder so no more smell.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:46 AM

Is this an RC heli thread or a shoe thread?
Old 08-10-2006, 07:06 AM

You got something against shoes? hehehe, just kidding.

yeah no fungus.. that is a bad thing..
Old 08-10-2006, 07:57 AM

hello W37, good no fungus that is right. so how is heli flying today?

Me fly heli this afternoon. I got DF36 fly on top of house very nice flew

over hills of victoria although raining so me stop and wind became strong

so have to stop. Me also made deal with shop who sell me TREX.me want another

one for play. He gave me good discount HK$2000 for SE so it is cheaper but me have

to buy RX and 601 Gyro for my TREX to fint my TX.

What you had today? did you fly heli?

Why no people on thread? why only us always here on 37 thread
Old 08-10-2006, 08:31 AM

Hi John

understand you have the #37 and Trex SE.
Able to do us a favour?

Can you measure the hole distance of the main shaft for both?
Can you estimate how far the SE head can be pushed in?
Old 08-10-2006, 08:47 AM

I'm trying to make a short movie of a very steady and still hover @ about 5 -8 feet from the ground.

I have adjusted my DF37 to be very still during hover and calibrated the AVSC function.

Unfortunately we have had a wave of tropical storms lately (Florida) and it is been very windy this past weekend,

so, I have to wait a bit. With the new ALign PRO 35A ESC & motor, I have to watch how much throttle I give it...Hence my

motor is only rated 20-25 AMPS Elite Park Flyer 400. My ESC is rated @ 35A, so I could burn it out.

I have the friend who has a simular setup on a airplane and he burnt his out ... so I have programmed

my ESC to output 15% less power to avoid burnout. My Elite motor is rated @ 5400rpms,, thats way to much

for my Df37, I would only need 3200-3500rpms to lift it. So I'm playing around with the pitch settings (V2) and

throttle to avoid a motor burn out., and prolong battery fly time.

At this time I'm looking for a 35A Brushless motor to match it perfectly, so that when I become an expert 3d flyer,

I can have all the power it can output.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:16 AM

hello balance_mind.. shaft not desame different hole and length need to get right shaft for 37 it not fit.

ORIGINAL: balance_mind

Hi John

understand you have the #37 and Trex SE.
Able to do us a favour?

Can you measure the hole distance of the main shaft for both?
Can you estimate how far the SE head can be pushed in?
Old 08-10-2006, 11:31 AM

W37, how you make movie? do you put camera on heli? you get power motor 5400rpms that too fast it like tornado.

I think you have too fast motor for heli. is that heli motor? very fast 5400rpms that fast will destroy heli head and

fly plastic parts all over place. only speed that fast is airplane propeller. but heli too fast. Is motor Elite Park Flyer 400 for heli

or for airplane? that too fast for heli i think. better use small pinion 5 tooth only. that too fast. i think motor rated watts is 350W

that too powerful. Me only use align 430L 3550Kv 300W on trex-se power already good. and use walkera 180 motor on walkera..

me also buy new 430L 4050Kv for new TREX me got. waiting for assemble from store.

you watch video very unlucky crash of heli

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTnDMNIVF_s[/link]

ORIGINAL: W37 Cepeda

I'm trying to make a short movie of a very steady and still hover @ about 5 -8 feet from the ground.

I have adjusted my DF37 to be very still during hover and calibrated the AVSC function.

Unfortunately we have had a wave of tropical storms lately (Florida) and it is been very windy this past weekend,

so, I have to wait a bit. With the new ALign PRO 35A ESC & motor, I have to watch how much throttle I give it...Hence my

motor is only rated 20-25 AMPS Elite Park Flyer 400. My ESC is rated @ 35A, so I could burn it out.

I have the friend who has a simular setup on a airplane and he burnt his out ... so I have programmed

my ESC to output 15% less power to avoid burnout. My Elite motor is rated @ 5400rpms,, thats way to much

for my Df37, I would only need 3200-3500rpms to lift it. So I'm playing around with the pitch settings (V2) and

throttle to avoid a motor burn out., and prolong battery fly time.

At this time I'm looking for a 35A Brushless motor to match it perfectly, so that when I become an expert 3d flyer,

I can have all the power it can output.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:36 AM

Hi john

ok, got it.
how much bigger is the hole and the length?
Old 08-10-2006, 11:57 AM

Hello Balance_mind,

hole is not bigger on SE hole size almost desame
problem is hole location on shaft different not desame.
you put screw and nut on SE hole below gear 37 different location of hole
length also not desame slight longer SE

ORIGINAL: balance_mind

Hi john

ok, got it.
how much bigger is the hole and the length?
Old 08-10-2006, 09:27 PM

Thanks John.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:25 AM

Hello Army, nice to see that you are back
Old 08-11-2006, 03:41 PM

Hey W37, I got a set of those landing gear from xmseller and hate'em because they are sharp edged, they are ugly, the skids bend easy, they suck, they are heavy and when the legs get bent it's hard to get them bent back even. [sm=thumbdown.gif]I also got a set of those night blades though and love them, they are nice and smooth, very stiff, track well, balanced and look good even when they are not turned on and pretty light weight too...The set I got was worth the $59...It don't have to be dark to see them either they are visible day or night...[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 08-12-2006, 10:01 PM

The metal Landing gear from Ebay, was a bust. The gear though strong as it may, its ugly and a bit heavy at best.
If they do bend, it will be hard pressed to straighten up, but then again if you bend these guys, then something is
defenitely super wrong with your flying, cause they are metal and strong. Never the less the installation is a bit
combursome. I recommed these to newbies that are using brushless motor setup. They are to heavy for the
standard setup.

Here are so far the upgrades.

Swtich all servos to HS-55 from Hitec. Much more sensitive and more response. They last longer too.
I still recommend using a the Walkera Servo for the rudder. Hence the servo is hooked up to the Gyro
it comes programmed to work with original servo. The Hitec will work, but I feel that you give up precise
calibration in the gyro. Hence we don'thave a Gyro programmer, so that we may calibrate it with the HiTec servos,
you should keep the original on it.

Metal main blade holders from Align. They just don't break when you crash.

I got the Align Swash Plate V2. It fits perfect, but you must use your existing ball linkages.
The handling is NIGHT AND DAY. I highly recommend it. The metal swash plate will bring
so much stability is mind blowing.

The Align bump resistance landing gear, I high PLUS mark, on these. They just wont break.
They feel really flimsey, but that is actually why they don't break with a hard landing, and the look
is nice.

Installing the rudder servo on the tail boom. Get the Align rudder boom installation kit. This is a must for ALL DF37s.

Complete carbon fiber tail section from Align. Go for it. It makes the chopter lighter and more agil. I'm using the
align rudder setup and rudder holders,, way much better than the original.

Will continue on upgrading the parts to metal. Here are pictures.. GOOD LUCK.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54032.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	506229   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34960.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	506230   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx60983.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	506231   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jd87781.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	506232   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cn78066.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	506233   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gx30138.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	506234  
Old 08-13-2006, 12:51 AM

Hello W37 that heli look different good metal parts. That align? is that old swashplate with align logo? if that it use glue on bearing that

thing fall off when in use. I had destroyed swash on TREX SE because bearing fall off that bad for me heli. Check you the swash always

to make sure. bearing not good. I think Align fix problem on new swash without align name on
Old 08-13-2006, 02:14 AM

ORIGINAL: johnchu_hk

Hello W37 that heli look different good metal parts. That align? is that old swashplate with align logo? if that it use glue on bearing that

thing fall off when in use. I had destroyed swash on TREX SE because bearing fall off that bad for me heli. Check you the swash always

to make sure. bearing not good. I think Align fix problem on new swash without align name on

Thought the new metal V2 swash has align and serial number on it?
Old 08-13-2006, 02:25 AM

it different from original part. logo align not seen on side but from swashplate.

there is swash plate bearing with like lock so no push out top part from bottom

better. if u get old swash align name on side not have lock and can push bearing out of

top and bottom get fall off. not good you see it different. but same blue color only different

is silver color on swash plate
Old 08-14-2006, 07:26 AM

why no people on thread. this is not good for 37.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:29 AM

W37, how your funny looking heli now fly, you not post what happen to upgrade swashplate. Does it fly good?

I have seen upgrade you heli with blue align swash. you check if glued okay? it might fall bearing if not look on

glue. Check if original part. orginal Align part have laser mark number on side. you look if that real.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:19 AM

I can see your not reading my posts.

I wrote:

"I got the Align Swash Plate V2. It fits perfect, but you must use your existing ball linkages.
The handling is NIGHT AND DAY. I highly recommend it. The metal swash plate will bring
so much stability is mind blowing."

and no, the swash plate is not glued.

Old 08-14-2006, 01:03 PM

Hi all,

I've been reading these posts with interest, and I'd like to pass on a decent site that explains helicopter dynamics in detail: http://www.adventurehobbies.com/colin_mill.htm

I've been learning to fly with a Walkera 4, and I've recently purchased, but yet to fly my new 37. Based on these posts, I've made the following changes to my 37:

1. Running only 11.1V LIpo's, brushless (walkera) motor and brushless ESC (walkera) - I'll let you know how they go
2. Moved the rudder servo to the boom. The 36 boom mounts and the 36 tail control rod fit fine. The 37 tail control rod will work, but I like the idea of shortening it slightly.
3. I've replaced a faulty Walkera servo already (both 37 and 4) with E-flite units and they are very neat servos.
4. I'm looking to strengthen the battery holder with balsa and some thin support cables/wire ties from the frame above.

As for the walkera 4, I've got some decent time and I'm amazed at how robust the little machine is. I'm now flying without the training gear, and I now use 7.4V lipo's as well as the std nimh packs. I've got the like90 blades and head stiffener, but I'm waiting for an 11t pinion, because the 10t definitely doesn't give enough head speed.

Something important: the battery level in the transmitter is vital. I've had 2 crashes caused by the transmitter batteries being partly charged. I've now invested in 8 x nimh AA cells, and charge them after about 10 flights.

An observation: can we please keep this thread to be about the W37 (and other interesting heli details), and leave the personal retorts out. It just reduces the value of the postings here.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:46 PM

Anyone has any information concerning the RX and TX crystals? Are the single or dual conversion,
I need to get a couple of channels.. Everytime I go to the park, someone is always on the same
frequency.

Thanks

W37
Old 08-15-2006, 04:38 AM

Hi W37 - the cryistal that are used in the Walkera gear would appear to be diffrent from any I have, I am on the 35mhz range of Great Britian and I have tried to use a diffrent channel for mine and it would not work, I also tried a diffrent transmitter and channel as I wanted to use my Main TX that I use for planes and helis but it would not work. ended up putting a 6 channel reciever in from Hitec and programming my main TX up with all the features need to fly the heli. I have to say it does give me more functionality than the walkera one so once I can fly maybe allow for greater stunts. who knows. One another note have you changed your control rods from the swash plate to the collective , pitch , yaw controls on the head. if so which parts did u buy as I would like to get rid of the wire ones for somthing a bit better.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:11 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I talked to a Walkera Seller in TX. By the way they are RC&ME.com, ask for Tim. His is nice guy and has lost of replacement parts. It seems that the Xtals are dual conversion. So i'm getting the next channel up from 72.790. I think it's 72.850. I'll find out soon.

Concerning the rods for the pitch ,collective and roll ( yaw is the rudder), I did not change them, those are the original DF37 parts. On the swashplate I used the ball links from the original swashplate , so that I did not have to change the ball linkages on the rods.

They work pretty good, and I really don't see how they can really be replaced, for know..

I just got the 430L Align Motor.. very nice, highly recommend, I will write a review.

w37

ORIGINAL: ellcheepo

Hi W37 - the cryistal that are used in the Walkera gear would appear to be diffrent from any I have, I am on the 35mhz range of Great Britian and I have tried to use a diffrent channel for mine and it would not work, I also tried a diffrent transmitter and channel as I wanted to use my Main TX that I use for planes and helis but it would not work. ended up putting a 6 channel reciever in from Hitec and programming my main TX up with all the features need to fly the heli. I have to say it does give me more functionality than the walkera one so once I can fly maybe allow for greater stunts. who knows. One another note have you changed your control rods from the swash plate to the collective , pitch , yaw controls on the head. if so which parts did u buy as I would like to get rid of the wire ones for somthing a bit better.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.