Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

WALKERA 37

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 12:58 PM
W37 Cepeda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WALKERA 37

Yeah.. it is made of metal. Installing the 430L was not an easy task.. hence hardly any room to get a tool in there.
From the bottom view, were to tighten the screws for the motor, all metal.

ORIGINAL: soneebee

Cepeda, can you confirm that the motor mount on the DF60C is made up of metal. its the one that holds the top frame for the bottom. it seems that most of the pictures that i see on teh 60B and 60C seems to look like its metal since its silver in color..

thanks....
Old 09-02-2006, 12:59 PM
W37 Cepeda

I just ordered a CARBON FIBER MAIN SHAFT, custom made for the DF37.

Is it really much better? Once I have it and install it..I will find out.

Advantages so far. It will not bend. The most that can happen is it cracks., but I will have to be due to
a dramatic crash.

Disadvantages, it makes the helicopter lighter. Could be an advantage. Also, you can not over tighten, too much pressure
and you crack the shaft. So lets see when I get it how it turns out.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:01 PM
soneebee

Thank cepeda... that is the weakest part on the original DF60 i think walkera noticed it and replaced it with metal parts, i think the first time i saw it was on the DF60B.. that is a good upgrade to make on the 60.. it will make the frame more sturdy... the plastic one is so weak.....

ORIGINAL: W37 Cepeda

Yeah.. it is made of metal. Installing the 430L was not an easy task.. hence hardly any room to get a tool in there.

ORIGINAL: soneebee

Cepeda, can you confirm that the motor mount on the DF60C is made up of metal. its the one that holds the top frame for the bottom. it seems that most of the pictures that i see on teh 60B and 60C seems to look like its metal since its silver in color..

thanks....
Old 09-02-2006, 01:08 PM
W37 Cepeda

Sonebee,

I really like the Df60, in the air looks awesome. But what I like and the reality of it, are two seperate things.
I'm going to still fiddle with it another week, I must tame this machine. We are probably ordering a new head. Maybe it will make it feel better.
Let's see.

Old 09-02-2006, 01:32 PM
soneebee

I agree with you on the metal head. I have seen it perform although its made of aluminum I find it a little flimsy and the make and quality cannot compare with the Align parts.. I have the whole CNC align head parts and tail parts here for test the problem is its all knocked down and lacking most of the plastic parts.. I think they sent me all this align parts to replace the one on the SE but since i dont have the align SE I have not assembled the parts yet.. but by the looks and the make of this CNC parts you can say that the quality is far off from the walkera metal head.. even the ball and the screws used on the TREX parts are bigger and more reliable.. so the one on your 37.. that is a keeper.. i guess your 37 will out perform the 60C on 3D and FFF....

Sonebee,

I really like the Df60, in the air looks awesome. But what I like and the reality of it, are two seperate things.
I'm going to still fiddle with it another week, I must tame this machine. We are probably ordering a new head. Maybe it will make it feel better.
Let's see.

Old 09-02-2006, 07:02 PM
armycopter

Cepeda, how did the inverted flight test go?
Old 09-03-2006, 08:01 AM
W37 Cepeda

Im still ready for it. But the weather has not let me do the test first. Raining all day.
Hopefully I can do something today if I can escape from my wife... hehe

W37

ORIGINAL: armycopter

Old 09-03-2006, 11:59 PM
Allstar DF37

Ok so I got my heli put back together. Now my radio is whack. Everthing is ok on the right stick but the left throttle is reversed, when I push up it stops down the motor spins, and I have no pitch control. In 3D left stick centered the motor spins, up and down motor stops with no pitch control either. I use 3 Hitec 55s with a tower pro on the tail. Dips 2,3,8,9 are on the rest are off. Does my radio need reprogramming? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

THNX
Old 09-04-2006, 12:27 AM
balance_mind

Sounded to me that the throttle is reversed. Switch DIP 3 to the other direction.
For safety, try not to engage to the main gear to spin the rotor. Did you change a new motor?

ORIGINAL: Allstar DF37

Ok so I got my heli put back together. Now my radio is whack. Everthing is ok on the right stick but the left throttle is reversed, when I push up it stops down the motor spins, and I have no pitch control. In 3D left stick centered the motor spins, up and down motor stops with no pitch control either. I use 3 Hitec 55s with a tower pro on the tail. Dips 2,3,8,9 are on the rest are off. Does my radio need reprogramming? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

THNX
Old 09-04-2006, 12:43 AM
Allstar DF37

I have messed with all dips. What I find weird is that the pitch doesnt change with the throttle. What should my DIP settings be? Same motor. Dip 3 does change the throttle though.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:01 AM
balance_mind

Since you uses HS55, these settings posted by army many pages back could help you. He uses all HS-55 including the rudder.
But your DIP 4 for rudder and Gyro settings might be different since you used Towerpro instead.

1. OFF
2. ON
3. OFF
4. ON
5. OFF
6. OFF
7. OFF
8. ON
9. ON
10. OFF
11. OFF
12. OFF
GYRO set to REV
GYRO set to AVCS (Army prefer AVCS, you can use NOR)

I have messed with all dips. What I find weird is that the pitch doesnt change with the throttle. What should my DIP settings be? Same motor. Dip 3 does change the throttle though.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:25 AM
Allstar DF37

Thanks balance mind. Those settings work except for the pitch on the main blades. Even in 3d mode on the controller no pitch change, only rpm change.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:42 AM
Allstar DF37

Hey I got it I had to flip the PIT lock switch and the 1 dip and turn the 10 switch back off. This is good because it was making me crazy. Now I can get back to trying not to crash again!
Old 09-04-2006, 02:33 AM
balance_mind

That's great.
So your DIP 1 now becomes on? Your elevator not reversed? Initially it's off and your mode 2 right stick responded correctly right?

Hey I got it I had to flip the PIT lock switch and the 1 dip and turn the 10 switch back off. This is good because it was making me crazy. Now I can get back to trying not to crash again!
Old 09-04-2006, 03:17 AM
Allstar DF37

Yes the right stick worked right, it was just programming in the TX to make the elevator work with the throttle. Maybe I messed it up when I was hooking it up to the Sim cable.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:22 AM
soneebee

Allstar, i think you only have to adjust the PIT V2 knob to move the servo mixing.. the more you give the V2 knob and V1 knob the more the servo travel.. and centering. hope this works..
Old 09-04-2006, 04:32 AM
balance_mind

That was a strange act on the Tx. DIP 1 "off" to "on" does not reversed the action but cured your Pitch movement.

Yes the right stick worked right, it was just programming in the TX to make the elevator work with the throttle. Maybe I messed it up when I was hooking it up to the Sim cable.
Soneebee I thought of the PIT knobs too, but can it be adjusted till no movement on the pitch? Allstar case was quite unusual, no movement. What do you think?

ORIGINAL: Soneebee
Allstar, i think you only have to adjust the PIT V2 knob to move the servo mixing.. the more you give the V2 knob and V1 knob the more the servo travel.. and centering. hope this works..
Old 09-04-2006, 09:28 AM
balance_mind

I wonder if the walkera Tx can work with G3. Anyone tried that before? In multiplayer?

Old 09-04-2006, 09:43 AM
soneebee

I think It can if you set the PIT all the way to 0 i think there will be no movement on the servo mixing... not sure.. I have to check to see if it will lessen the servo travel

ORIGINAL: balance_mind

That was a strange act on the Tx. DIP 1 "off" to "on" does not reversed the action but cured your Pitch movement.

Soneebee I thought of the PIT knobs too, but can it be adjusted till no movement on the pitch? Allstar case was quite unusual, no movement. What do you think?

ORIGINAL: Soneebee
Old 09-06-2006, 07:58 AM
W37 Cepeda

continued. DF60C review.

As you all recall, I made a brief review of the DF60C model with the upgrades.

Well I found many issue still at this point, I feel so stupid too, cause I took picture and did not realize it, even after
I did not realize this errors. Who ever put the head on this Df60, did a very crappy job.

A closer inspection during this investigation , manys things were found:

Some of the linkages on the head were mounted in reverse, the other was not. and the flybar connection pods
are also mounted incorrectly. Further, the location of the ball links installation, on the linkage pads, revealed
for a very sensitive stearing. These issues was repaired by me last night. And today I will test
flight the Df60C again. I also installed a metal align rudder kit.

Once I'm thru with the calibrations and get it to hover nice, I will post it for sale. I'm not intrested in keeping the DF60.

W37.

Old 09-06-2006, 08:24 AM
W37 Cepeda

Hey guys. right I have postponed the inverted flight due to technical difficulties.

I have encounterd a severe glitch with the helicopter when it is being flown with the head facing me.

I'm trying to resolve this issue, but I think i'ts a gyro and receiver problem. Never the less, I'm going

to wait for my next pay period, and I'm getting the 2.4Gig Spektrum RC. And kiss all these issues goodbye.

I had the chance of playing around with a TREX 450XL that had the Spektrum RC. I will write a pre- review on it.

What a nice piece of tecnology.

W37

Im still ready for it. But the weather has not let me do the test first. Raining all day.
Hopefully I can do something today if I can escape from my wife... hehe

W37

ORIGINAL: armycopter

Old 09-06-2006, 03:39 PM
armycopter

I'd like to pick up a DX6 Spectrum myself. Looks like a nice, inexpensive radio with lots of positive reviews.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:28 PM
armycopter

bump
Old 09-11-2006, 08:35 PM
serhathakan

I have a question :" can i use my 37's (120 deg swash plate) transmitter for 36 (90 deg swash) ?

I ordered a wk 36 kit two days ago suddenly i noticed about swash plate types :S

(I am using WK 0701 and RX 701)
Old 09-12-2006, 05:19 AM
nikos1671

Hi.I am a new to this hobby and i will need a lot of help for all these expert guys here.Recently i have bought the WD37 from ebay but it was used.it come with brushed motor,rx 602 and tx with 10 dip switches(wich models is this tx?) i was trying to get this heli up but the only that i have make is to burn the rx so i order a new one and also i order a broushless motor with a speed control(Elf Hobby 4200Kv Outrunner Brushless Motor & 30A ESC,BatteryHobby LI-PO 11.1v 15c 2200Mah) from ehirobo.Now my problems is :

1) i was playing with the dip switches and now i cannot make it work, when i move the throttle up the 3 servo don't give pitch like before.
2)i have notice that other guys in this forum they have TX with 12 dip switches why mine come with 10??its an old one?

this is my problems for now.I will appreciate the help from all of you.Sorry for my bad English but i hope that i am understandable to all.
something last i have seen in the forum a lot of guides for WD35-36 how to set up and how to fix some problems with photos and with very good steps how to do, but for WD37 everything its not so clear... :-(
really i was close to through away my heli because i cant used and stop this hobby but i want so much to became a good member of this amazing hobby.

Lastly i am apologies for this big post.. i hope that someone from this forum will help me..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.