Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

WALKERA 37

Old 09-12-2006, 07:30 AM
W37 Cepeda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WALKERA 37

Post a picture of the back of your remote control. I want to see the settings and the switch. Also
make sure, if you bought a new RX, did you install the crystal? make sure you have the same frequency on the RX as on your TX

W37
Old 09-12-2006, 08:08 AM
balance_mind

Hi nikos

the electronics you got there seems to come with the old #36.
Your Tx should be a 6ch type.
How do you burned that Rx? Which ebay seller you got from? He certainly threw the old electronics to you.

As for your pitch troubles, try setting DIP 7. It should be for Nor/CCPM. For your case, switch to CCPM.

Hope it helps

ORIGINAL: nikos1671

Hi.I am a new to this hobby and i will need a lot of help for all these expert guys here.Recently i have bought the WD37 from ebay but it was used.it come with brushed motor,rx 602 and tx with 10 dip switches(wich models is this tx?) i was trying to get this heli up but the only that i have make is to burn the rx so i order a new one and also i order a broushless motor with a speed control(Elf Hobby 4200Kv Outrunner Brushless Motor & 30A ESC,BatteryHobby LI-PO 11.1v 15c 2200Mah) from ehirobo.Now my problems is :

1) i was playing with the dip switches and now i cannot make it work, when i move the throttle up the 3 servo don't give pitch like before.
2)i have notice that other guys in this forum they have TX with 12 dip switches why mine come with 10??its an old one?
Old 09-12-2006, 08:14 AM
balance_mind

I think you can. Try setting DIP 8 to NOR for your #36.

Soneebee, can you help to verify since you got the #36 and #37? Another concern is the channel mixing could be different too.

ORIGINAL: serhathakan

I have a question :" can i use my 37's (120 deg swash plate) transmitter for 36 (90 deg swash) ?

I ordered a wk 36 kit two days ago suddenly i noticed about swash plate types :S

(I am using WK 0701 and RX 701)
Old 09-12-2006, 01:14 PM
nikos1671

Hi W37 cepeda,

Thanks for your response,
the RX have the same frequency like the TX,have a look in the picture about the dip switches.

ORIGINAL: W37 Cepeda

Post a picture of the back of your remote control. I want to see the settings and the switch. Also
make sure, if you bought a new RX, did you install the crystal? make sure you have the same frequency on the RX as on your TX

W37
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50459.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	522955  
Old 09-12-2006, 01:34 PM
nikos1671

Hi balance_mind
I was plug in the battery on the RX and when i move the throttle down the RX start smoking and the power cable of the RX melt,i was really afraid that the battery will explode because all the plastics start to crack :-)
My girlfriend bought the 37 for me as a present from ebay,i don't know the seller but i will ask her.
when i turn the CCPM ON the right servo (watching the nose) don't respond at all when i moving the stick,when i am moving the throttle up its moving but a little bit.When i turn the CCPM to normal then the servo working perfect.
I think my TX need reprogramming,

Thanks..
ORIGINAL: balance_mind

Hi nikos

the electronics you got there seems to come with the old #36.
Your Tx should be a 6ch type.
How do you burned that Rx? Which ebay seller you got from? He certainly threw the old electronics to you.

As for your pitch troubles, try setting DIP 7. It should be for Nor/CCPM. For your case, switch to CCPM.

Hope it helps

Hi.I am a new to this hobby and i will need a lot of help for all these expert guys here.Recently i have bought the WD37 from ebay but it was used.it come with brushed motor,rx 602 and tx with 10 dip switches(wich models is this tx?) i was trying to get this heli up but the only that i have make is to burn the rx so i order a new one and also i order a broushless motor with a speed control(Elf Hobby 4200Kv Outrunner Brushless Motor & 30A ESC,BatteryHobby LI-PO 11.1v 15c 2200Mah) from ehirobo.Now my problems is :

1) i was playing with the dip switches and now i cannot make it work, when i move the throttle up the 3 servo don't give pitch like before.
2)i have notice that other guys in this forum they have TX with 12 dip switches why mine come with 10??its an old one?
Old 09-12-2006, 11:26 PM
balance_mind

I hope you did not plug in the lipo/niMh batt directly to the Rx.
You have received your new receiver? Same Rx602? I also understand it has a built-in ESC for the brushed motor. I do not know how you can connect it to your brushless ESC. You need to ask Soneebee or the guys in the #36 thread.

Guess you already know the right/left servos are for the aeileron controls. You are saying the right servo works only in Nor mode when you push left on the left stick (Mode 2)? Removed the linkages to check movement again. What are your dip switches now?

In Nor mode, does all servos worked correctly including the directions with the correct stick movements?
What about the pitch?

Hi balance_mind
I was plug in the battery on the RX and when i move the throttle down the RX start smoking and the power cable of the RX melt,i was really afraid that the battery will explode because all the plastics start to crack :-)
My girlfriend bought the 37 for me as a present from ebay,i don't know the seller but i will ask her.
when i turn the CCPM ON the right servo (watching the nose) don't respond at all when i moving the stick,when i am moving the throttle up its moving but a little bit.When i turn the CCPM to normal then the servo working perfect.

Thanks..
Old 09-13-2006, 07:28 AM
W37 Cepeda

I agree. There is something here that I don't understand.
On the DF37 it goes to the ESC and then to the Reciever.

It's my understanding that this is not the setup you have. If so , I haven't a clue and could not help,
cause I have not experienced such a setup. If you were to hook up the battery directly to your
reciever, yes you will blow it, in this it seems that its made like this.. so... sorry. I really don't know.

You have received your new receiver? Same Rx602? I also understand it has a built-in ESC for the brushed motor. I do not know how you can connect it to your brushless ESC. You need to ask Soneebee or the guys in the #36 thread.

Guess you already know the right/left servos are for the aeileron controls. You are saying the right servo works only in Nor mode when you push left on the left stick (Mode 2)? Removed the linkages to check movement again. What are your dip switches now?

In Nor mode, does all servos worked correctly including the directions with the correct stick movements?
What about the pitch?

Hi balance_mind

Thanks..
Old 09-13-2006, 12:31 PM
nikos1671

Hi balance_mind

Maybe i was not so clear,the RX that i burn, i was using the brushed motor with the internal ESC from the RX,so when i was plug in the battery to the RX then was burn it.After this i have buy the same RX-602 and also brushless motor with a ESC, i have connect the motor in the ESC and the other cable i have put in the 3 channel of the RX and lastly i have connect the battery on the ESC.

What about the pitch?

Hi balance_mind

Thanks..
Old 09-13-2006, 04:33 PM
serhathakan

Boys i buy a 36 kit cause of cnc parts and assembied 37 's electronics to it. But i dont like 36 and wondering why everybody filled with admiration it. If it is for similarity with trex (90 degrees swash system) it can be a little acceptable but if it is not i dont know why?

I put it to near my 37 .It looks smaller thinner and waek. I dont like 36 and i want walkera to produce some cnc part for 37
Old 09-14-2006, 04:54 PM
mcdaniel

HI there
Anybody test ALIGN main motor blades that fit plug and play in stock walkera blade holder and works fine, I need to change my main blades and I wonder if I can get better one, for around same price of walkera one.
Thanks .
Old 09-14-2006, 11:50 PM
HP03 BlackHawk

Look at the bright side of it serhathakan, your new 36 should be much lighter than the 37...

Boys i buy a 36 kit cause of cnc parts and assembied 37 's electronics to it. But i dont like 36 and wondering why everybody filled with admiration it. If it is for similarity with trex (90 degrees swash system) it can be a little acceptable but if it is not i dont know why?

I put it to near my 37 .It looks smaller thinner and waek. I dont like 36 and i want walkera to produce some cnc part for 37
Old 09-15-2006, 01:11 AM
mangriff

Hi,
Im new to the heli world,
I have 2 questions. First, all these cautions about the #8 dip switch on the back of the reciever . . . . um well yeah, it was kinda late in the game when I read them. Any how i think that i did switch this dip on accident (due to my fingers being quite larger in compare to the TINY little switches) BUT the controller was definately NOT powered on. In fact I can't remember but I don't think that the batteries were even installed at that point, anyway, the question is. Do the CCPM settings reset if the switch is toggled while the conroller is OFF. I am possitive that the switch was in the correct position prior to turning it the controller back on again. I just want to know if i will have to reprogram it or not. Plus im in the stage of debugging the initial state . . . ahem (RTF . . . right) . . and i need to know if this is the cause of any malfunctions. I guess it would help for me to post any symptoms of problems I'm having so you can tell if it could be that the #8 switch was toggled or not. . . . which brings me to my next question.

So i need to fix the blade tracking. I've read the manual plenty of times as well as researched many blogs like this one about blade tracking, and all in conclusion the answer is . . turn the control link so that it lengthens and increases the pitch of the lower blade. cool, i can read it and say it however. WHAT the jeez is the control link and MORE important how do you lenthen or even adjust it? Ive posted pictures of the head piece with the screws showing.
PLEASE just highlight on the picture or tell me in text which screw or piece I should be adjusting to track the blades. That is all i need! I now realize that due to flash lighting it's pretty hard to see which screw is where and what piece is which in my photos. Maybe you can just describe in words which one, thanks.
Your help is greatly appreciated. I've only managed to get the chopper to "lighten" and not fully hover because I haven't recieved trainers (yellow balls) yet and I really don't want to break it on the first try. However Id like to have the blades tracked and balanced before that point.

Oh yeah one more thing, the big white gear beside the motor. When i throttle up to about 50% I am able to notice that it is not rotating level?!! I would imagine this is bad? I haven't touched it since removing it from the box a day ago. It just wobbles slightly, like 1 or 2 mm at most. Never skipes a tread off the motor but it still bothers me when i noticed it. Could anyone else watch theirs closely and tell me if it does the same? Possible give solutions for fixing this if it is indeed a defect. Thanks

Mike

Name:	Lj23072.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	524237   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ea84444.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	524238   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg94204.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	524239   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mg99024.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	524240  
Old 09-15-2006, 06:59 AM
W37 Cepeda

The wobble. Well this is bad... but if it is not severe don't worry to much about it.
The worse that can happen is that you eat up your gears quickly. My advice, replace it. It's not that expensive.

You made a good chioce on the DF37 , its a very good copter. You can put ALign (TREX) parts on it.

On picture # 1. The answer is no. leave them alone. They are just fine.

On picture # 2. They are not called screws, they are called ball linkages. Its the little loop thingys ending on those long metal rods.

The two control arms on the DF37s that goes from the lower bellcrank arms to the flybar arms will determine how much pitch is gradually added when you throttle up. This is set for you and can not be tampered with.

On picture #3. The nick is not bad. Be concerned with nicks that make the whole tooth from that section broken or gone.

On picture #4. The blade tracking. Those are the other two long rods with ball linkages that goes from the swashplate to the upper bell crank arms. Use the red and blue tape to see which blade is tracking lower., go to the oppopsite side, increase the length of the rod by twisting the ball linkage by one or 2 turns , test again.

Be carefull when removing the ball linkages, they can be stubern, but managable.

Make sure your swashplate is leveled with the remote control trims in the center when you power on. If not, adjust accordingly on the servo crank.

Good luck.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:19 AM
soneebee

dont the ball links go in only one way so for every adjustment you have to go full 360°, there is only one side of the links that is suppose to be plugged to the ball better no 180° turns
Old 09-15-2006, 07:38 AM
W37 Cepeda

When I had that head, when I adjusted my tracking, sometimes it took 2-4 turns, and others it took only one.
It's not something that is exact. Maybe one turn is not enough, but it will not hurt. The worse that can happen is he
might have to go back and give another couple of turns. It's better to go gradually, until you find your sweet spot.
With the quality of the blades Walkera makes, everytime you install new blades, you will have to go thru this.

This is something poeple learn with practice. Once you know your helicopter and you see how its tracking, with time
you know exactly how many turns it takes to adjust, and when my walkera Df37 had that head, I new exactly how many turns
it needed to fix the blade tracking issue, and lucky for me on most cases 1 turn to the left or right was enough.

It could be different for other owners of the DF37, depeding on how new or old theirs maybe. It's not an exact setting they might
have to apply more or less.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:09 AM
serhathakan

Look at the bright side of it serhathakan, your new 36 should be much lighter than the 37...

quote:

Sure lighter than37 because it is smaller. And 37 is more stabil and well balanced
Old 09-15-2006, 08:03 PM
mangriff

-- W37 Cepeda --

Thanks for your prompt response! Very helpful indeed. So I think ive located the control links. They are the thin metal vertical bars where you sayd and I also noticed that there are screw-like ribs on each end . . makes plenty of sense to expand and contract that length in order to add or take away pitch on each blade. perfect. one quick question though? what is the best method to turning those little suckers? I tried just spining them between fingers and they wont budge. My next thought was plyers but the almost wire thin metal seems too fragile for that and I don't want to bend it. My sister recommended using rubberbands to secure a solid grip? What do you use to turn the control links? Thanks again for the advice. once again i posted pics to help aid in my questions. 1 is to identify that I do know what the control link is, the other demonstrates clearly the extent of my blades off track.
Peace

Mike

Name:	Om33863.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	524610   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36483.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	524611  
Old 09-15-2006, 10:15 PM
W37 Cepeda

No, you got it wrong, you will never move that metal rod like that.. The way you do is, you have to pop one of ball linkages out. Then you can turn the linkage, and pop it back in.
On my helicopter, I always adjusted the top one. Remember, you don't turn the metal rod, what you turn is the plastic ball linkage.
( O=----------=O ) =O (ball linkage just screws on) you twist it. Make it longer, or shorter accordingly.

Name:	Us52836.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	524719  
Attached Images  
Old 09-16-2006, 12:12 AM
balance_mind

mangriff

just like what W37 and Soneebee mentioned, remember to make full turns for the adjustments. Most ball linkages only has a particular side that is to plug in, the hole is usually bigger. There are some that either way is ok.
Use a proper ball link plier if you do not want to fumble with your fingers.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:44 AM
mangriff

damn, i make myself look like a real chump,
im a carpender's kid, don't even know how to screw a stick in a stump,
well your help is very much appreciated,
ima try not to mess this up, ill check you later,

(sory i just watched 8 mile. in the mood to ryme, you no.)
but for reals, . . . thanks though

mike
Old 09-16-2006, 12:54 AM
mangriff

ok sory i know that last post was gay, i turned the top ball linkage. Wasn't hard. noticed something interesting though. When the throttle is 55% and plus the red is now OVER the blue just a small amount (2-3 mm) but when decreasing the throttle they switch and the red drops below the blue quite a bit, like 3-4 mm. Is this normal during transitions of throttle? Initially when i begin to take the throttle up the tracking seems dead on, only when 50% + and then after that during decrease? Anyway i know that this might be bogging this post down, im sorry to bug you guys im in Austin and there is apparently VERY few people in the city that even own an rc chopper. Hard to get the right lessons i need. Thanks again.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:43 AM
fomalhaut

Hi all,

first of all my appreciation for the thread, second...a problem.

All is going quite good with my 37, but playing with V1 (PIT ) knob i noticed that it doesn0t seem to affect the servo travel, so no use to adjust pitch.
No servo buzz nor a difference between maximum extension before and after.
I didn' mess with the dip switches, only set the mix (12) a throtthle curve (11) and there the knob seemed to work (now the tail is perfectly stable, so i don't think it's my imagination).

that's my dip conf, anyway:

1-on
2-off
3-off
4-on
5-off
6-on
7-on
8-on
9-on
10-off
11-off
12-off

ANy clues?

thanx in advance!

S!

FOmh
Old 09-16-2006, 01:08 PM
serhathakan

Hi all,

first of all my appreciation for the thread, second...a problem.

All is going quite good with my 37, but playing with V1 (PIT ) knob i noticed that it doesn0t seem to affect the servo travel, so no use to adjust pitch.
No servo buzz nor a difference between maximum extension before and after.
I didn' mess with the dip switches, only set the mix (12) a throtthle curve (11) and there the knob seemed to work (now the tail is perfectly stable, so i don't think it's my imagination).

that's my dip conf, anyway:

1-on
2-off
3-off
4-on
5-off
6-on
7-on
8-on
9-on
10-off
11-off
12-off

ANy clues?

thanx in advance!

S!

FOmh

I uploaded Wk 0701 manual. I hope it will be usefull for you. Manual explaning dip switchs. Link below

Old 09-16-2006, 06:48 PM
fomalhaut

Thanx mate,

I checked and double checked the manual, nothing semms to me wrong,anyway, something is.

So, or I'm a stupid, and that's far from impossible, or something isn't going right.

I've been flying great today, yet no pitch control from the knob....

FOmh
Old 09-16-2006, 07:40 PM
mcdaniel

Hi there
Well thanks to all for yours post and help(Cepeda,Army, sonebee, etc,)
So now I have time for my heli and move the rudder servo to the tail boom,test and now I feel very happyyyyyyy and is something that should be done (must), the heli is flying very well,extremely stable is a piece of cake compare to my Dragonfly #4.
Now I will try to calibrate the AVSC, but the heli fly great in norm position

Thanks to All ,is time to fly again, This is picture of my new baby.

Name:	Ge95014.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	525242   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52766.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	525243   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx61963.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	525244  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.