Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

WALKERA 37

Old 09-16-2006, 11:21 PM
HP03 BlackHawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WALKERA 37

fomalhaut, the #10 dip switch must be off (unlocked) to make adjustment with either knob then once you've found a good setting switch it back on (locked) to save that setting...
Old 09-17-2006, 06:43 AM
armycopter

mcdaniel,

heli looks great in green! I'm back to clear as I mangled my nicely painted metallic blue. Good choice on the tail boom mod for the tail rotor servo. I think that is one of the best mods I made. Take care
Old 09-17-2006, 05:22 PM
fomalhaut

Thanx BlackHawk, I'll try that out.
Anyway, shouldn't the knobs control pitch and headspeed in their standard settings?

Thanx

S!

FOmh

ORIGINAL: HP03 BlackHawk

fomalhaut, the #8 dip switch must be off (unlocked) to make adjustment with either knob then once you've found a good setting switch it back on (locked) to save that setting...
Old 09-18-2006, 02:39 AM
balance_mind

Are you trying to ask him to unlock the PIT?
If yes, the #37 should come with Tx701 and the DIP is #10. For #8, it's for the 6ch Tx.

fomalhaut, the #8 dip switch must be off (unlocked) to make adjustment with either knob then once you've found a good setting switch it back on (locked) to save that setting...
Old 09-18-2006, 08:17 AM
fomalhaut

Thanx for the reply,

Reading the manual i understood that the left knob controls the pitch, and the richt one the headspeed.As i read they should work in the standard configuration, so with all dips as factory set them.

SO my question is, do they work that way or to enable them i have to switch the dips? With the configuration that i posted, do they change something?

That's my question, I truly haven't managed to figure it out by the manual (both heli and tx).

Thanx very much, guys

S!

FOmh

ORIGINAL: balance_mind

Are you trying to ask him to unlock the PIT?
If yes, the #37 should come with Tx701 and the DIP is #10. For #8, it's for the 6ch Tx.

Old 09-19-2006, 12:03 AM
balance_mind

fomalhaut

the V1 and V2 knobs changes different types of settings depending on which DIP (Mainly #10 - #12) you have activated. The rest are mainly for reversing the settings and DIP #8 is for CCPM/Nor. The #37 is CCPM with DIP #9 on.

Frankly, I do not even look at the default settings. Switched on the Tx and Rx to check if the settings are right. Check the servo directions and gyro reactions. Unplug the motor wires for safety. You may set to the default and check for your case if everything is stock.

Hope it helps
Old 09-20-2006, 08:54 AM
W37 Cepeda

Figuring your Head Speed.

I have been getting lots of email concerning this issue. Specially from those users that are upgrading to a brushless motor.

It comes down to this. Example. If I buy a 3250KV motor, does that mean its 3250RPMS? No. Its a bit more complex than that.

The 3250KV is the actual Kv rating of the motor. The higher this number, the rule is the lower your pinion gear size should be, cause

at this high voltage, you have more power and less current draw. And lets also say that @ 3250kvs its 80% efficient at working.

In order to find out exactly what you need, you must know your head speed. This formula is not a rule, but it puts you
very close to where you need to be. For a Dragonfly 37 you want a head speed of around 2200RPMS.

I did not take the time to count the main gear teeth, but it's close to or if not exactly 145 Teeth. Just for example purposes.

Ok here goes:

(2200RPMS x 145 main gear teeth) / (3250kv Motor rating x 11.1 battery volts x 0.80 efficiency) = 11 tooth pinion

As you can see by the formula, its very close to what the actual settings on the brushless Walkera 37 with the 180L motor.

One note, the KV rating of a motor in real world factor is not an indication that the motor is effcient. In reality there is no
real way of determining that, cause the manufacturers are not unified on a standard for such. So it's really a toss up, specially
when you buy non brand name or copies brushless motors.

You can move the formula around if you are looking other things, example. you want a specific head speed:
(Motor kv x voltage x percent motor efficeincy x pinion gear teeth) / (main gear teeth) = that gives your Head Speed.

I had some help from my pilot friend buddy on this formula. Hope this helps everyone.

W37 Cepeda
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85293.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	527373   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93258.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	527374   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot49042.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	527375  
Old 09-23-2006, 12:21 AM
balance_mind

hey w37

how's yor gearing up for the inverted flight while waiting for your dx6?

What's your heli weight now?

I have removed the binding issues with the stock Tx but now needs to re-adjust again for a new Tx & Rx. The original servo rods are really long. Time for some cutting and glueing.

Athough the stock Tx has limited programming capabilities and fixed settings, it does removed the hassels to program everything. Pros and Cons though.

But I feel able to program everything is really interesting and able to understand more.

Happy flying.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:05 PM
armycopter

Okay guys, finally broke down and bought a tail rotor system. Check this one out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ame=Action:MPS
"
It got good reviews at trextuning.com. Should fit with no issues. I'll let you know as soon as I get it and try it out. Raining right now, can't "fly" but I can "buy"
Old 09-25-2006, 06:24 AM
kiwiwilliamson

Hi i'm new to heli got the 37 i was wondering what is the recomended pitch at no and full throttle and how to adjust . I am just tring hover at mo and have ordered trainers and the elf hobby 4200kv brushless and ESC is anyone using this motor and ESC any heads up advise, any help much thanks.

Name:	Lj21772.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	529962  
Old 09-25-2006, 08:00 AM
W37 Cepeda

I have properly set the cyclic for the inversion, but
I'm still debating on the DX6.

Its not going to be an easy thing to program, it's my understanding.

So I decided to figure out how a way to eliminate the glitch issues once and for all.

I have been playing around with some filters and waiting for some true online

power filters. If all goes well, then I will be ready.

I still want to get the DX6, but i was adviced to wait a bit for a newer version that

is going to cost the same, but with built in program paramaters for various helicopter models,

and some more compatibility issues like Gyro programming and servo compatibility.

Let's see, I might swing either way.

W37

hey w37

how's yor gearing up for the inverted flight while waiting for your dx6?

What's your heli weight now?

I have removed the binding issues with the stock Tx but now needs to re-adjust again for a new Tx & Rx. The original servo rods are really long. Time for some cutting and glueing.

Athough the stock Tx has limited programming capabilities and fixed settings, it does removed the hassels to program everything. Pros and Cons though.

But I feel able to program everything is really interesting and able to understand more.

Happy flying.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:58 AM
balance_mind

W37

what about your pitch settings now? I can only set max to -8 to 8. Seems abit low to me. But no more gaps to increase either way [&o]

You may like to used ferrite ring on your esc wire.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:13 AM
kiwiwilliamson

i seem to have -13 to +13 or more pitch but i,m no expert
Old 09-25-2006, 09:18 AM
kiwiwilliamson

Pic off guage am i using it wright

Name:	Nl31130.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	530000  
Old 09-25-2006, 09:23 AM
balance_mind

Hi kiwiwilliamson

in normal mode, the following should be ok for your hovering and even ff

Low stick: -3
Mid stick: 4
Full stick: 10

You may like to set low stick at 0 if you are flying indoors.
Remember not to pull the throttle down completely suddenly if you go for the negative pitch settings.

13 seems abit too much to me. It might bog down your motor if it can't cope. But since you are using the elf motor, it might be ok too. Most guys in the #60 thread are using it with good feedbacks. Mostly on 10T and it's more than enough.

As for the link's adjustments, refer this thread a few pages back and you will find w37 illustrations on it to another member. Should be clear enough.

ORIGINAL: kiwiwilliamson

Hi i'm new to heli got the 37 i was wondering what is the recomended pitch at no and full throttle and how to adjust . I am just tring hover at mo and have ordered trainers and the elf hobby 4200kv brushless and ESC is anyone using this motor and ESC any heads up advise, any help much thanks.
Edited: name typo
Old 09-25-2006, 01:09 PM
W37 Cepeda

Right know i have these settings.

Low stick: -6
Half stick: 3
3/4 stick: 7
Full stick: 10

Im going need to more than -6 on the low stick.. just a bit more to be safe.
I don't need full stick to fly.. I want to also preserve my 15minutes fly time on my 1800ma Lipo.

I will set that up soon.

W37

W37

what about your pitch settings now? I can only set max to -8 to 8. Seems abit low to me. But no more gaps to increase either way [&o]

You may like to used ferrite ring on your esc wire.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:33 AM
johnchu_hk

it lonjg since me post before. I see you cepeda to be good boy now, you not fight other people. Do

you like me chinese guy you hate? I see you do inverted. you might do it with the 37 i see that you

like 37 and you get 60. i see that you like heli but only walkera. Why not get align to make better. you

also buy DX6 this not good TX get like my Futaba 14MZ very good for flying.

this is what is good. You fly heli take video and picture so we see if you can do it. I think you not have

poypoy to fly inverted, you heli paikwah, not possible to do it.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:20 AM
kiwiwilliamson

Were does this jonshoe walkera get off, Cepeda helps people you have not why do you keep repeating the same thing i joined this site to learn and get a better understanding of this fine hobby and not read your crap if you have a #37 tell us about it pros and cons join in or bugger off. People like to buy a cheaper version and !QUOT!bling!QUOT! it up get it, not all off us have the $$$ to buy 2 trexs and crash them then buy another 1 and post the crash vids (hehe) was it piolit error or mechanical post some off your inverted flys.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:34 AM
johnchu_hk

Hey kiwiwilliamson can you read me post before? I said I have 37 heli and it is good. now why you

asking? i think you not read this thread from start and you talk as if you know what me talking about

If you want read this thread from start and see what me saying. i do not know if you are one non

chinese lover too but you buy our product. so please read before you post. I not sure you know the

what me saying.

Were does this jonshoe walkera get off, Cepeda helps people you have not why do you keep repeating the same thing i joined this site to learn and get a better understanding of this fine hobby and not read your crap if you have a #37 tell us about it pros and cons join in or bugger off. People like to buy a cheaper version and !QUOT!bling!QUOT! it up get it, not all off us have the $$$ to buy 2 trexs and crash them then buy another 1 and post the crash vids (hehe) was it piolit error or mechanical post some off your inverted flys.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:42 AM
kiwiwilliamson

I love all people chinese very nice people i want to talk about the 37 how is yours going have you had to make any mods to it i have just got some carbonhobby blades they are nice looking but they are a little loose have to tighten thus leaving a small gap in the blade holder i wonder if i get a wooble from that hope not.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:49 AM
johnchu_hk

now to refresh you guys i have a #35 / 2x#36 / 37 / 59 / 60 / 62 heli plus 1 TREX 450XL and the last

one i got is the TREX450 SE CDE, now if you ask me on the 37, it good heli, i dont find it crapy, it flies

as good as the 60 but only heavy. The 37 me use all original walkera parts. me do not use align

products on heli, parts on walkera cheap, and me get parts in china so it cheaper. Carbonhobby blade.

this are CF/glass fiber, fiber , plastc what you have? there many here in HK, cheap only.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:05 AM
kiwiwilliamson

carbon fiber, depth a little less than walkera any one had this before, it has tightened up ok but not perect.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:00 AM
johnchu_hk

you use washer to add on the blade grips so it hold okay and tight. you need to add weight...

carbon fiber, depth a little less than walkera any one had this before, it has tightened up ok but not perect.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:11 AM
kiwiwilliamson

Thanks, what do i ad weight to.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:49 AM
johnchu_hk

it like small washer it has weight on it but it does not react to blade during flying. it still fly good and you can set the tension on the screw.

Thanks, what do i ad weight to.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.