Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

WALKERA 37

Old 10-13-2006, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WALKERA 37

My buddy has a blade cp and likes it very much. Parts are available at most LHS, so that's good. It's upgradable, so again, that's good. The problem I have with the blade is that it's still very small, less stable, and costs more than the DF36 or 37. You get more bang for the buck in the DF37 - IMO
Old 10-13-2006, 11:33 AM

SUCCESS ON MY FIRST 360! LOOP 2 LOOP

Well this stage is done, I can see that I won't loose control doing loops.
Know I must add more negative pitch and do some more practice before I do invert flying.
Which by that time I will have upgraded to a Spektrum Dx6 Radio.

So far I updated my rudder servo for one that has a much stronger crank gauge.
I installed the SJ SS-100, this is a "bad ass" micro servo. I recommend it, it's very strong.
I also updated the push rod for the tail rudder system with the Align carbon fiber rudder push rod,
this makes the rudder very stable and precise, and it does not bend like the original metal rod.

Here are latest pics of my Trexkera 37 hehe.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99188.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	540470   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86301.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	540471  
Old 10-13-2006, 12:10 PM

The blade cp is a good learner heli. But be aware that although the parts are readibly available at the local shop, they are expensive, in comparison with Walkera.

ORIGINAL: armycopter

My buddy has a blade cp and likes it very much. Parts are available at most LHS, so that's good. It's upgradable, so again, that's good. The problem I have with the blade is that it's still very small, less stable, and costs more than the DF36 or 37. You get more bang for the buck in the DF37 - IMO
Old 10-14-2006, 02:53 AM

Nice w37. Able to post some videos to share? Also maybe by that time, you are getting the new DX7 instead

The Korean servo seems interesting. What do you mean by strong? Torque?
I see it has a zero deviation feature, able to explain?

I'm using HS-81 and it's not bad too. I'm also using the CF push rod with ball links at both ends. Tail control was smooth and fast.

Attached is my heli with the old ESC and antenna route. I have re-routed the antenna not extending to the tail fin anymore, giving it a better look and snapping prevention.

ORIGINAL: W37 Cepeda

Know I must add more negative pitch and do some more practice before I do invert flying.

I installed the SJ SS-100, this is a "bad ass" micro servo. I recommend it, it's very strong.
I also updated the push rod for the tail rudder system with the Align carbon fiber rudder push rod,
this makes the rudder very stable and precise, and it does not bend like the original metal rod.

Name:	Wu60631.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	540837  
Old 10-14-2006, 01:39 PM

The blade cp is a good learner heli. But be aware that although the parts are readibly available at the local shop, they are expensive, in comparison with Walkera.

ORIGINAL: armycopter

Sorry for going all over the map here...what is the difference bettween the 37 and the 60 ? There are two reviews on the 60 an both guys reported that they were beginners and they had a good experience with the 60. The 60 that I can get is a (2006 model) that I can buy for 20 bucks more than the (2006 model 37). In a nut shell what is better about the 60 than a 37 ? I watched a video of a 37 flying, was i ever impressed with how it sounded !!! I know I could spend hours and hours combing through this site and others to try and find out the differences bettween the two, so your help answering thee questions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again !
Matt

Old 10-15-2006, 03:10 PM

Thats exactly what I meant by strong. I has zero deviation. Exactly the same as the HS-65HB.

The center shaft of the this servo twice as thick.

I still have no info on the Dx7 yet. But i will wait and see.

F.Cepeda

ORIGINAL: balance_mind

Nice w37. Able to post some videos to share? Also maybe by that time, you are getting the new DX7 instead

The Korean servo seems interesting. What do you mean by strong? Torque?
I see it has a zero deviation feature, able to explain?

I'm using HS-81 and it's not bad too. I'm also using the CF push rod with ball links at both ends. Tail control was smooth and fast.

Attached is my heli with the old ESC and antenna route. I have re-routed the antenna not extending to the tail fin anymore, giving it a better look and snapping prevention.

Old 10-15-2006, 09:52 PM

Ohh... ok.

Yesterday was a bad day for me. I had a crash due to a defective servo and it's a HS65!
Was flying about 7m high and 15m way when I see it crashed helplessly. Was making a returned flight but right servo did not response, heli plunges down sideway Lipo was dented too.

My crashed heli

Name:	Us54332.gif
Views:	9
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	541791   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90867.gif
Views:	17
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	541792  
Old 10-16-2006, 09:46 AM

Sorry to hear that man.

I have bad news too. I crashed also. SO badly I did not even take pictures. But I can tell you.

I was doing rolls 360s, it was flying like a bullet! ZOOM. But one thing lead to another, and somehow

I did not notice the orientation. I was very windy also....and I did not see it. I lost it due to a sun glare.

And I just stop controlling it, It came down like a rock.

I broke the entire tail system and I broke the main frame. Remarkably, the blades stayed intact.

The electronics were not damaged and the servos were not damaged, and the head was not damaged. But the feathering shaft broke. I bent the flybar and ripped a couple of ball linkages.

So the repairs is going to cost me around 20-25 US dollars for a new frame and steering shaft which are part I don't have.

This time I also ordered a new canopy, and Im going to paint it Flouresent red or Orange. SO THAT I CAN

SEE IT BETTER!
Old 10-16-2006, 03:23 PM

Sorry to hear about your crashes. I've been waiting for a bellcrank assembly and it just showed up. It broke from fatique or something. I did not crash so I've yet to figure that one out. It should be back in the air tonight.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:18 PM

Sorry to hear that too. Yours sounded even worst than mine. It sure went down with some great velocity. But I need to spend more on replacement parts. Hope you can get your heli up soon.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:20 PM

This is whats left of my trexkera 37. Rest in peace. BUT YOU WILL RISE LIKE THE PHOENIX! SOON!

Name:	Us54665.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	542411  
Old 10-17-2006, 08:24 PM

[]Guys I'm feeling alot better seeing all your crashed and beatup heli's! Now I know its not just me that has problems flying the walkera 37. I got so fed up that I now have 2 complete 37's and I just bought a new 22e so I can practice a wee bit more. as soneebee says " Happy Flying " I'll be crashing my heli in the am, when the rain lets up....... GREG
Old 10-18-2006, 04:01 AM

oh my, you have a serious crash there. Lucky the electronics are fine.

This is whats left of my trexkera 37. Rest in peace. BUT YOU WILL RISE LIKE THE PHOENIX! SOON!
Old 10-18-2006, 04:09 AM

Well, that's flying the heli. Everyone crashes even the pros. Sometimes not the pilots's fault but the electronics and interferences.

Some take the crashes easily. I have seen videos with delibrate crashes (Heli slicing heli). They just laughed their hearts out and celebrate [X(]

ORIGINAL: GMoneyman

[]Guys I'm feeling alot better seeing all your crashed and beatup heli's! Now I know its not just me that has problems flying the walkera 37. I got so fed up that I now have 2 complete 37's and I just bought a new 22e so I can practice a wee bit more. as soneebee says " Happy Flying " I'll be crashing my heli in the am, when the rain lets up....... GREG
Old 10-18-2006, 12:51 PM

Me, I've had so many crashes it doesnt phase me anymore. I just sit down andrebuild................. I'm getting real good at that! I learned how much this hobby can cost, the hard way. And reading all of you guys posts I've learned alot . Thanx GREG
Old 10-18-2006, 01:12 PM

Well I ordered the body frame and new steering frame, tail holder, rudder kit too.

I should have those tommorow. I also got brand 3 spanking new 2200 LIPOS with

dean connectors. RcandMe.com is a good place to buy Walkera parts. Ask for Tim,

tell Fausto w37 Cepeda sent ya, he will take care of you and get the parts outs quick.

He also told me that... a company is making a new CARBON frame for the Df37 and that

the frame will take more styles of servos... example like the HS-56 karbonite. This

trully and excting time for the Dragonfly 37.. its getting a complete overhual!

w37 CEpeda

ORIGINAL: balance_mind

oh my, you have a serious crash there. Lucky the electronics are fine.

Old 10-18-2006, 09:18 PM

What about some build video/instructions? I'm sure alot will appreciate. I always believed someone knows something that I do not know.

Do you have a sim? It can really cut down the cost in the long run.

ORIGINAL: GMoneyman

Me, I've had so many crashes it doesnt phase me anymore. I just sit down andrebuild................. I'm getting real good at that! I learned how much this hobby can cost, the hard way. And reading all of you guys posts I've learned alot . Thanx GREG
Old 10-18-2006, 09:35 PM

Thanks for the recommendations. I have heard alot of good things about RcandMe.

A new carbon frame, that's interesting. Any chance the elevator servo placement will be different to suit the TrexSE swashplate?
The old type for the X with the guide at the back and elevator in front are not very available anymore overhere. The new type can still be fitted but no more guides which I feel reduced stability during cyclics and pitching.

Well I ordered the body frame and new steering frame, tail holder, rudder kit too.

I should have those tommorow. I also got brand 3 spanking new 2200 LIPOS with

dean connectors. RcandMe.com is a good place to buy Walkera parts. Ask for Tim,

tell Fausto w37 Cepeda sent ya, he will take care of you and get the parts outs quick.

He also told me that... a company is making a new CARBON frame for the Df37 and that

the frame will take more styles of servos... example like the HS-56 karbonite. This

trully and excting time for the Dragonfly 37.. its getting a complete overhual!

w37 CEpeda
Old 10-19-2006, 02:56 AM

Here comes the stipid question of the day
I just recieved my 37 and I couldnt figure out how to get the main rotor blades to turn
so........ I decided to play with the switch configuration on the back of the transmitter
needless to say i dont remember the correst factory settings can someone help me with this?
Old 10-19-2006, 07:21 AM

If you got the original Df37 with regular ESC and brushed motor,
all you had to do is turn on the remote, apply the power the ESC. Then press the button down on the esc,
and wait 2-3 seconds the LED to remain on. (make sure your throttle is all the way down on the remote

That's it.

For the DIp swtiches, well, check your manual , you should see the original settings.

W37

ORIGINAL: Jdel

Here comes the stipid question of the day
I just recieved my 37 and I couldnt figure out how to get the main rotor blades to turn
so........ I decided to play with the switch configuration on the back of the transmitter
needless to say i dont remember the correst factory settings can someone help me with this?
Old 10-19-2006, 07:27 AM

The carbon fiber frame will use the original DF37 parts. Specially the swashplate.
The 120° servo placement for CCPM swash plate control it's my understanding, provides
suprior swashplate control. So if you need a swashplate you can get it from a guy that
sells ours on ebay. (see pic). He also has a 450 eCCPM carbon metal body.
You can take all the parts out of your DF37 and install it on this body and you
have a kickass 450 second edition.

Lots options out there.

Name:	Hf99112.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	543812   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26640.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	543813  
Old 10-19-2006, 11:34 AM

I found out what the little red button was for after I played with the switches
I've read over my manual a dozen time looking for the correct switch config but I couldn't
find that or the helpul "little red button" , explanations ,the only dip switches that I can say for certain are right re #1,2,3,4, and#8
Old 10-19-2006, 01:00 PM

HI there JDEL
thiis is the link for Walkera company ,go there and donwload the Online DF37 manual ,its better that come with heli and explain all tx settings and started up process.

http://www.walkera.com/en/index.jsp
WALKERA--China
Old 10-19-2006, 05:59 PM

Finally had a great flight tonight. Got my blades balanced and tracked perfect. The CNC tail is performing flawlessly. I upped the Pinion to 11T so my headspeed is higher, which has helped tail rotor control considerably. I can pirouette soooo much faster with this 11T. I think the align tail rotor servo linkage has helped a lot also. It's taken out all slop from the servo to the tail. I'm loving this thing again.

But.... I'm experiencing more glitching. It seems to have reared its ugly head again. I had rerouted all wiring last night and I cleaned up the bird. It now seems something is amiss. Even though the ESC and receiver are physically as far apart as possible, I'm afraid there is something else causing interferance. I may just buy the base loaded antenna and see how that helps.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:48 AM

hey I appreciate that very much! Though while I have plenty of time on my hands, since i destroyed my servo, I've read up on alot comments made about walkera's products. I've heard alot of amazing things that have made me a little more concious about this flying machine
Like.....
I'm only going to only charge my battery outside so I'll only blow up my porch
I'll probally install springs to the skids to prevent hard landing mishaps
I'll keep spare servos, and electronics on hand at all times
And keep a camera handy to post the aftermath of each crash flight for you guys
thanks again

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.