Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

WALKERA 37

Old 04-24-2007, 10:52 PM
balance_mind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WALKERA 37

Frankly, it does not matter if the aileron input is on the left or right. Just check your servo directions and reverse if needed. But the elevator and the rest are to be connected correctly to the Rx.

As for the swash settings, for AILEV and ELEV, they are for your adjustments on how much throw you want your 3 servos to go as a whole when pushing your stick left/right and forward/backward. Lesser means you have smaller degree of max servo throw.

For PIT, if your individual servo's direction is corect but not the pitch when you throttle up, you use this to reverse it by going positive to negative or vice versa. Like AILEV and ELEV, you can adjust your 3 servos throw for your overall max pitch throw by keying in different % value.

Hope this helps

ORIGINAL: C185heavy

I just replaced the electronics in my 37 using hs55 servos, AR6000 receiver using a DX7 remote, Align 35 amp ESC, and Align 430L motor. The rudder servo was replaced by a tail boom mounted hs55 servo. I am still using the G006 gyro, but I will be replacing it with a G008. I ordered the G007 but they sent me the G008 instead, I don't know if that was a good deal or not?

My problem is I cannot remember which servo is on the left and right of the heli for the purposes of radio receiver hook-up, looking at it from the tail? Also is the swash plate supposed to move down when throttle is applied? Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

The CCPM settings are like the Trex 3 servos at 120 degrees, but I don’t have a clue as to what the swash settings are for the DX7?

Thanks for the Thread,
C185
Old 04-25-2007, 01:52 AM
C185heavy

Thanks guys, with your help I got it dialed in. I also got a little help at the heli-freak site. I used the Trex manual like hjb1 advised me to, and since the servos and swash plate on my Trex SA are backwards to the DF37 I just completely converted everything that was a + to a -.

I came up with the following settings and they work perfect: CP2 = +65%; CP3=+65% and CP6=-80%. 1 and 6 throttle and pitch = normal, all the rest are reversed.
Thanks again for your help!
C185
Old 04-29-2007, 05:34 PM
eduardosousa

hi ppl, i am realy desapointed with my df 37 parts, my brushed motor burn out , i was traing to lif off again and after 2 min i smel smouk and i stop it , i look to the motor and a plastic pease inside its melted , any 1 have this problem ? , i only lift off 6 or 7 times but only 1 or 2 meters from the graund it never was at top power.

1 question any 1 raly know wot main rotor im aluminium fits on the 37?
2 question ther is any diferenc on a esc form a brusheless off a plain to the esc used on a heli? cam i use my esc on 37 ( i have 1 hitec 35A )

thanks
sory for may ingish
Old 04-30-2007, 07:49 AM
W37 Cepeda

The reason your motor burnt out is because you are running it to high.
and the reason you are running high, is because your DF37 wont lift unless the main blades are spinning
really fast.

This is the most common problem next with the everlasting spinning.

Its a delicate balance between the head speed and the amount of pitch on your main blades.
If by half stick, your heli is not beginning to lift, you dont have enough pitch on your main blades.

If you see that your heli, at around 3/4 of stick is beginning to lift, and you go into a un controllable spinning,
you have to much head speed and again not enough blade pitch.

It's a delicate balance, again.. if the head speed is to much, your gyro can not compensate for angular torque , so it
reaches a point were it reverses itself....cause the force exceeds its capacity to compensate, hence the spin.

Guys, you have to study this a bit..I see many of you doing upgrades, this is a good thing...but I let me
throw in a bit of advice..you can have the best upgrades, but if you dont know what they are meant for,
and if you don't have an understanding on how things are suppose to work and the proper settings, you are
not going to get very far.

W37

ORIGINAL: eduardosousa

hi ppl, i am realy desapointed with my df 37 parts, my brushed motor burn out , i was traing to lif off again and after 2 min i smel smouk and i stop it , i look to the motor and a plastic pease inside its melted , any 1 have this problem ? , i only lift off 6 or 7 times but only 1 or 2 meters from the graund it never was at top power.

1 question any 1 raly know wot main rotor im aluminium fits on the 37?
2 question ther is any diferenc on a esc form a brusheless off a plain to the esc used on a heli? cam i use my esc on 37 ( i have 1 hitec 35A )

thanks
sory for may ingish
Old 04-30-2007, 01:54 PM
CitYbYdBaY

Hey W37,

How's the hobbywing esc doing so far for you?
Old 05-01-2007, 07:18 AM
W37 Cepeda

The Hobbywing ESC blew on me.

Don't get me wrong, its a good unit. but the model # 35... is really 25A,

and with 15C batteries, and me pulling with a Align 3550KVA at high RPMS,

it did not last long before it stop working. I recommend an ESC that

is rated at 35A...so it can grow with you.

W37 Cepeda

ORIGINAL: CitYbYdBaY

Hey W37,

How's the hobbywing esc doing so far for you?
Old 05-01-2007, 01:11 PM
CitYbYdBaY

So what esc are you using now?
Old 05-01-2007, 06:00 PM
eduardosousa

hi W37 Cepeda

im my case i dont ned 3/4 of stick, onli a litle bit mor than alf and it lift and i realy dont have the spinning problem e alredy read in topics, i was very hapy because my was very stabel.

i normaly pul up very slow the stick so he gets speed and lift very soft and he realy have mor pawer to give thats way i think its realy no normal , and the motor mast be prepared to go at top speed at last 15min the time off the bec , if isnt my god avery flit i ned a motor dont you think , if i am flying hi i ned mor speed than in a 1 our 2 metrees flit.

i am new im helis but old in plains , and i never burn 1 motor in my plains and i tel you they go at top speed almost of the time.

the motor its the original like the esc to , and i think this tings mast dont burn in 4 or 5 lift off , dont you think, i am not realy thinking on buy a motor at avery 4 or 5 lift off's.

but changing the subjet , wot do you say , do i buy a new heli or do i upgrade this 1 , ex: new brusheles , new head in aluminium, and a new tail in aluminium to ??????
wot part´s fits in this heli ???, and i am asking because i am redind alot , do you know if this 1 fits etc etc etc , and no 1 say this 1 realy fits.

thanks
Old 05-02-2007, 07:46 AM
W37 Cepeda

Hi,

I never said you need 3/4 of the stick...I said if you see you are doing 3/4 , you have a problem.
Don't compare airplane motors with helicopters. You must understand that a motor on an airplane
at full speed, has very little resistance in comparison with all the moving components on an helicopter.

Like I said, if you are not getting enough lift, your blade pitch is low..making the head speed faster
seems it fixes the problem...but in reality you are just killing your motor and reducing your
battery fly time.

It seems this already happened to you.. Dont feel bad...it happened to me. With the original
motor and all stock.. I could not get the heli to lift after my first crash. I increased the head speed
not knowing and did this and did that...
at the end , I ended up buying and Brushless ESC and Motor.. It will make a big difference..

Once you have the new items installed..do a pitch measurement.. look for 7+ after your stick is over the half mark.
A good rule is that once you reach the half mark on your stick...your unit should begin to barely lift.

This measurement can vary...depending on your motor speed and length of blades and pinion gear count + main gear count.

It gets a little complicated, (these are not airplanes dude..), never compare helis to airplanes. Some people take offense to that. It's good you have a background on RC. but leave it at that. Heli Pilots are way superior in handling than plane pilots. Helis are far more complicated than airplanes. I know.. Cause I started with Helis and my freind who is a pilot has gas airplanes. He flies them very well, but Helis he can't fly at all..barely doing figure 8s and crashing.. Me on the other hand can fly a heli very good (im not a 3d expert yet) but I can fly a heli around the park just like an airplane.

I took his airplane one day for the first time..It was the most simplest thing for me in the world. Airplanes are cool..but they are very easy to control in comparison to helis.

For you all are upgrading to BRUSHLESS ESC and motors there is a formula to follow. I will post it for you guys.

W37

hi W37 Cepeda

im my case i dont ned 3/4 of stick, onli a litle bit mor than alf and it lift and i realy dont have the spinning problem e alredy read in topics, i was very hapy because my was very stabel.

i normaly pul up very slow the stick so he gets speed and lift very soft and he realy have mor pawer to give thats way i think its realy no normal , and the motor mast be prepared to go at top speed at last 15min the time off the bec , if isnt my god avery flit i ned a motor dont you think , if i am flying hi i ned mor speed than in a 1 our 2 metrees flit.

i am new im helis but old in plains , and i never burn 1 motor in my plains and i tel you they go at top speed almost of the time.

the motor its the original like the esc to , and i think this tings mast dont burn in 4 or 5 lift off , dont you think, i am not realy thinking on buy a motor at avery 4 or 5 lift off's.

but changing the subjet , wot do you say , do i buy a new heli or do i upgrade this 1 , ex: new brusheles , new head in aluminium, and a new tail in aluminium to ??????
wot part´s fits in this heli ???, and i am asking because i am redind alot , do you know if this 1 fits etc etc etc , and no 1 say this 1 realy fits.

thanks
Old 05-02-2007, 07:51 AM
W37 Cepeda

Figuring your Head Speed .

For those users that are upgrading to a brushless motor.

It comes down to this. Example. If I buy a 3250KV motor, does that mean its 3250RPMS? No. Its a bit more complex than that.

The 3250KV is the actual Kv rating of the motor. The higher this number, the rule is the lower your pinion gear size should be, cause

at this high voltage, you have more power and less current draw. And lets also say that @ 3250kvs its 80% efficient* at working.

In order to find out exactly what you need, you must know your head speed . This formula is not a rule, but it puts you
very close to where you need to be. For a Dragonfly 37 you want a head speed of around 2200RPMS.

I did not take the time to count the main gear teeth, but it's close to or if not exactly 145 Teeth. Just for example purposes.

Ok here goes:

(2200RPMS x 145 main gear teeth) / (3250kv Motor rating x 11.1 battery volts x 0.80 efficiency) = 11 tooth pinion

As you can see by the formula, its very close to what the actual settings on the brushless Walkera 37 with the 180L motor.

*One note, the KV rating of a motor in real world factor is not an indication that the motor is effcient. In reality there is no
real way of determining that, cause the manufacturers are not unified on a standard for such. So it's really a toss up, specially
when you buy non brand name or copies brushless motors.

You can move the formula around if you are looking other things, example. you want a specific head speed :
(Motor kv x voltage x percent motor efficeincy x pinion gear teeth) / (main gear teeth) = that gives your Head Speed .

Hope this helps everyone.

W37 Cepeda
Old 05-06-2007, 05:53 PM
eduardosousa

hi

i'am sory if i dont understood you before.

and thanks for you reply.

i ned sam tecnical help , if any 1 know wer can i get tecnical spec, form the aluminium updates, like main shaft diamter if its the same of the df 37.

i alredy get a new motor , and i nead a new rotor head , because I saw that mine is damaged, any 1 can tel me which aluminium rotor head that better fits in df73, at this moment so I know that the parts of df60 fits in the one of the 37 , i have buy same to change and they ar the same.

thanks
Old 05-08-2007, 09:11 AM
W37 Cepeda

The perfect head replacement is the Align.

Get the entire align head assembly. it's strong and makes the
heli very stable. here inlcuded is my DF37 upgraded, so that many of
you can get an idea on how far you can go with the upgrades.
W37.

hi

i'am sory if i dont understood you before.

and thanks for you reply.

i ned sam tecnical help , if any 1 know wer can i get tecnical spec, form the aluminium updates, like main shaft diamter if its the same of the df 37.

i alredy get a new motor , and i nead a new rotor head , because I saw that mine is damaged, any 1 can tel me which aluminium rotor head that better fits in df73, at this moment so I know that the parts of df60 fits in the one of the 37 , i have buy same to change and they ar the same.

thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85529.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	680187   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ea84123.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	680188   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ye84512.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	680189   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wq43479.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	680190   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xi62862.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	680191   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wn85437.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	680192   Click image for larger version

Name:	Df73428.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	680193  
Old 05-08-2007, 12:48 PM
CitYbYdBaY

Hey W37,

What kind of ESC are you using now, since the hobbywing one went out?
Old 05-08-2007, 03:46 PM
eduardosousa

thankyou W37 Cepeda, i wil get 1 and the tail to ,
one mor question , did you have to do any mudification on your heli so the hed fit´s ok , or it was only chang the old one for thr new???

thank's again

Old 05-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Rody

[quote]ORIGINAL: W37 Cepeda

The perfect head replacement is the Align.

Get the entire align head assembly. it's strong and makes the
heli very stable. here inlcuded is my DF37 upgraded, so that many of
you can get an idea on how far you can go with the upgrades.
W37.

[quote]

Thankyou very much Cepeda..that was the lil bit of info i wanted to know.

So the ALign set for a Trex or a DF 60 ??? Did you have to shorten or cut anything on the main rotor shaft to fit???? You did not mention anything like that.. So the ALign will bolt on ?

Old 05-08-2007, 04:49 PM
eduardosousa

lol rody 2 for the same reply

and i read that to, the df60 cnc thing but no one have tested , i have postd in the walkera oficial forum and at the moment no one replay, only W37 Cepeda have.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Rody

well from the little info that i know... the DF60 & 37 share the same head but possibly might need to shorten the shaft on the 37 to make it fit...There is a seller i know in Oz that told me it will work.....and has a working 37 upgraded.

But i would like a confirmation
Old 05-08-2007, 06:02 PM
W37 Cepeda

If you want to use the ALign head with the original Df37 main shaft you have to remove 2mm from the top.
You can use a Dremel tool.

W37
Old 05-08-2007, 06:04 PM
W37 Cepeda

The Align 35A ESC.

ORIGINAL: CitYbYdBaY

Hey W37,

What kind of ESC are you using now, since the hobbywing one went out?
Old 05-21-2007, 08:08 AM
W37 Cepeda

Hello!

Just got a T-Rex 600.. How does it compare to the Walkeras?

coming soon.

i have to put it together..

W37
Old 05-21-2007, 10:12 AM
d-man2000

OMG you have too much money

I am "flying" a bit now, mostly hovering and swinging back and forth.
Get about 15 minutes of flight time from one battery (11,1 V 1500mAh, 10C) at about half stick (1-2m up in the air).

Alu swashplate and HS-55 servos working perfectly. Thinking of replacing the Z-shape with something aluminum homemade.. We'll se how that goes (too many projects right now).

Had another crash the other day, that took the feathering shaft right of, at the base. Left the blade holders intact, but had to replace a bearing. Also broke the z-shape and bent the flybar like a S.

I have two questions: Discovered yeasterday that I broke the vertical stabilizer. Is there a carbon fiber one that fits?

Also the landing gear is askew. Is there any other, maybe lighter/stronger that fits bolt on?
Old 05-21-2007, 10:16 AM
W37 Cepeda

15 minutes of fly time is very good,

You can use any vertical stabilzer.. i suggest you find a small carbon fiber
one made for the T-Rex 450.

For some reason, mine always breaks it too when it crashes.

Do the Zshape mod.. find it in this forum.. It replaces the center piece of
the zshape holder with metal.. i beleive it a cut piece of the feather shaft..
very enginious. This will stop it from breaking when you crash.

Good luck.

W37
Old 05-23-2007, 09:09 AM
d-man2000

I'll have to do that Z-shape mod one day..

Had a rough landing today with my first boom strike. Boom's a bit bent, tail rotor with mechanism broken and blades a bit roughend up.

Does the align alu tail rotor set fit bolt on?

Can I use align carbon fiber tail boom and just shorten it?
Old 05-23-2007, 10:08 AM
W37 Cepeda

Yes on Both.

ORIGINAL: d-man2000

I'll have to do that Z-shape mod one day..

Had a rough landing today with my first boom strike. Boom's a bit bent, tail rotor with mechanism broken and blades a bit roughend up.

Does the align alu tail rotor set fit bolt on?

Can I use align carbon fiber tail boom and just shorten it?
Old 05-30-2007, 01:38 PM
ground killer

hay is this a good heli or not im looking to get one from tx so they say iv talked to the guy over the phone and he is hooking me up what do you guys thingk

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.