Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

My heli keeps on spinning in circles! charging too.

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

My heli keeps on spinning in circles! charging too.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 02:06 PM
henryscooters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My heli keeps on spinning in circles! charging too.

My heli keeps on spinning in circles and i can't stop it! My tail rotor works fine and i try every control to try to stop spinning it but it still spins! How do you make it so it just goes up without spinning. I stop my tail rotor and my heli stilll spins. I think this is because the main rotor is making it do this. But i can't stop it. I also have another question. How long does it take to charge my heli fully?
Old 04-26-2006, 06:00 PM
krisma

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: My heli keeps on spinning in circles! charging too.

charge time varies on battery type and capacity, but typically 1 hr 10 minutes.

what heli do you have? if you have the the silver adjustment knobs at the top corners of your controller check to see that you're head speed isn't cranked up all the way. if it's cranked up and you stop the tail rotor you'll still have a lot of torque to spin the heli.

check your tail and throttle trims as well
Old 04-27-2006, 05:52 AM
marcucco

Unplug the main motor from the controller and move the stick left and right.
The pitch of that tail prop should change with the movement of the stick.
Your heli won't work without the tail rotor spinning,
it needs that force from the tail rotor to counteract the force of those main blades whipping around.

First: Remember to bring your RPM's up slowly. The Gyro needs a bit of time to get a sense of things.

Second: Try changing the position of the 'rev' switch on the gyro, I'm pretty sure that's your problem.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:54 PM
pilotgene

Reversing the gyro won't fix anything, I have the same problem with 2 trex 450's, both spin out of control, I can lift off with the body spinning about 120rpm, speed up the spin to about 180rpm or slow it to about 60-75rpm, gyro on or off, no different, made larger tail blades, twice the size
still spins counter clockwise, maybe slow it to 50rpm, seemed to help a little, making the tail drive belt real tight helps some, replaced the head & tail with metal upgrades, no different, still spins, couple other Trex 450's at our field, they don't spin, nobody has any idea why mine does
broke down & bought a trex 500, bigger motor, ESC, servos,gyro, got lots of throw on everythng, I tried it today, guess what, spins left at about 30rpm, I give up, using Futaba 7CHP
Old 08-13-2010, 10:33 PM
shasta7

Unplug the tail rotor and reverse the plug this happened to me .red to black black to red should solve your prob

Jeff