Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera 22E

Old 06-02-2006, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera 22E

Hi,
I was wondering how the Walkera 22E stands up to similar helicoptors. Are there any good reviews on this heli. How does it fly, is it worth the money, or will I be spending just as much as I paid for it in parts within a week? How does it hover? Is the quality of the parts good? Thanks
Sanghera.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Walkera 22E

it is a worthwhile heli for the money. can't say too much as to how much you'll spend on parts since I don't know your skill level. The better you are the less you'll crash. I'll admit that I spent quite a bit of money when I first got it since it was my first heli, but then again I tried to fly right away without some kind of training plan.

go to jcshobbies.com and look into the plasti-blades. these are super durable blades that might benefit you a lot if it's your first time flying. they can stand up to quite a bit of a beating. on the site's list of compability you'll see that it will fit the venom night ranger 3d which is the same exact heli as the 22e except for electronics.

I tried my friend's pair plasti-blades on my 22e and found that would be necessary to shave just a hair off the top and bottom of the blade grip section for it to swivel a little in the grips (but that's another story)

what's your budget?
Old 06-03-2006, 03:05 PM

The 22E is goood to start and it is cheap - [link=http://www.linknety.com/modevideos/demo/zoom.php?id=13]flying video[/link]
Old 06-03-2006, 07:27 PM

I am just going to be learning how to fly the helicopter. How is the controller. Is the radio control system capable of bigger servos if I want to control other things that require more power other than the helicopter.

Also, what replacement parts should I buy right off the bat so that I dont have to wait 6 weeks for a part that burns out quick. Also, are the linkages ball raced.
Thank you.
Sanghera
Old 06-04-2006, 08:58 PM

I'm about to invest in a 22e and I've read some pros and cons but I think it is worth the price for what you get.I now have two walkera 04's and I can fly them pretty well so the transition to the 22e seems logical.Im' glad I have experience on the 04's.Will keep you informed if my logic is correct.I can't wait.This is a great thread,it helps out with problems we all encounter.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:35 PM

Any other comments on the servos or electronics?
Thanks.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:15 PM

Can I use the RC control system to control bigger servos? If yes, then how big?
Thanks.
Sanghera
Old 06-05-2006, 08:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the tx/rx are proprietary. so no 'walkera 4-1' and 'non-walkera tx' type thing. as far as using bigger servos, I don't know. post that specific question in the 'let's talk 22e' thread. I forget who it was, but they had to replace the voltage regulator chip and they might know something regarding output specs.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Sanghera

Any other comments on the servos or electronics?
Thanks.

The servos on the 22E are really not that good.. like any of the servos made by walkera.. I had burned some NS-05 servos that just stop functioning on my DF40.. another main issues on the DF22E are the tail motors.. this burns out fast and faster if you are using Lipos just make sure you get spares and some Heatsinks.. this will give it around 30% more flight... all in all the cost of the 22E is good.. the performance is great but if you are a new heli user.. a CP heli is good to practice in.. but this tends to be more costly in parts and replacement.. practice using the sims.. this helped me alot when I was starting and it also saved me $$$ in repairs..

over all if you are the type of person that wants to thinker around mechanicals and electronics then this is a good hobby for you.