Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Servo Jitter - walkera 22e

Old 06-04-2006, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Jitter - walkera 22e

I did try searching for something about my topic, but I found the search feature on this site to be a real pain to use. After a half dozen attempts I gave up.

As the subject states this is on a walkera 22E, for some reason at about half (throttle?) power the front servo starts to jitter a bit. Bad enough that I now believe it has been the cause of many of my problems while trying to just get it to hover. (I'm very much a beginner)

I was hoping perhaps someone who has had this type of problem themselves could share thier knowledge with me. I don't really know where to start. Is it the Rcv or the servo itself that is the most likely culprit? could it be the antenna being wound up on the gear, should I let some hang? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated
Old 06-04-2006, 01:46 PM

Default RE: Servo Jitter - walkera 22e

I don't have a 22e, but a 22d. All 3 things you mentioned could be the cause, but more than likely it's the servo.
I had servo glitching with mine so I replaced all three with Cirrus cs-301's. The glitching was gone.
Another thing that I noticed with mine is that if the limit is a hair too high, it will cause servo glitching also.
But one thing you could try, is switching the front servo lead with another one and see if the same servo still glitches. Don't try to fly, just bench test it. Take off the main blades first if you don't think you can hold the heli securely while operating the throttle.
If the same servo still glitches, then thats your culprit.
I would change them all to be safe, most everyone else does too.
Good Luck, Don
Old 06-04-2006, 04:26 PM

Default RE: Servo Jitter - walkera 22e

Thank you for taking the time to answer my post don_87. I'll look into the cirrus cs-301. But first I must ask what you mean by

--- "Another thing that I noticed with mine is that if the limit is a hair too high,"

I think I missed something, how do I adjust the limit?

My problem has actually gotten worse instead of better. Now All the servos are glitching right about the time the rotor reaches flight speed.

I really don't understand this as they are fine up to about 1/2 power, no glitches at all solid as a rock.
I don't think a veteran could fly it like this, let alone a newbie like myself.

I've actually changed everything at this point except the transmitter (I have a 2nd 'parts' heli)
I'll try changing the transmitter batteries but they are pretty new and only have maybe an hour on them.