Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

DF 36 flying out of the box shocker...

Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

DF 36 flying out of the box shocker...

Old 06-06-2006, 12:38 PM
manc_heli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DF 36 flying out of the box shocker...

Just wanted to try this, last time I ordered a Walkera product I spent a good 30 mins or so checking everything over and triming it, balancing the blades etc.

So, I got the helicopter out of the box (checked the trims were ok for my own health ), plugged the battery in and stood well back

Throttle up, climb out into a 4 foot hover and sit there for 2 mins or so - slowly moving around as I put small inputs in.

Ok, its not flying how I want - I will make some trim adjustments and balance everything up but still, it was quite impressive to just fly it straight away - more so after reading a lot of people complain about them, I must have got a good un [8D]

So... onto my main quesion. Does anyone have any good links for set up tip guides on the web for the 36? I have only flown DF4s before so CP is a new beast for me.

TIA

Manc.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:44 PM
neweheliflyer

Default RE: DF 36 flying out of the box shocker...

[link=http://www.hjnet2000.com/index.php?CategoryID=5]try this website[/link]
Old 06-07-2006, 09:23 AM
dannoh40

Do what I did...Find a thred about your DF36 and just start reading.. almost every question you might need answered right away has already been asked. Should only take 30 minutes to find something related to your questions.[8D]
Other wise I've found that If you give complete info about your prob i.e.( What mode, nicad or li-ply,nature of symptoms etc.) The folks here are happy to help out..I don't even belong to any other forums, this one is the BEST

Dannoh40 & his fly right boys
Old 06-07-2006, 10:28 AM
dannoh40

Do what I did...Find a thred about your DF36 and just start reading.. almost every question you might need answered right away has already been asked. Should only take 30 minutes to find something related to your questions.[8D]
Other wise I've found that If you give complete info about your prob i.e.( What mode, nicad or li-ply,nature of symptoms etc.) The folks here are happy to help out..I don't even belong to any other forums, this one is the BEST

Dannoh40 & his fly right boys
Old 06-08-2006, 02:49 AM
manc_heli

Reading the 3 million page DF36 thread now
Old 06-12-2006, 07:43 AM
stevo37

I found that the online manual from the walkera web site was a lot better than the one supplied in the box Also understanding the basics of collective pitch and how it works should mean you are able to set up the heli quite easily. response from the tail servo on mine was quite slow and the tail often driffted but i changed the gyro and rudder servo to futaba units and couldn't be happier
Old 06-14-2006, 11:22 AM
Orion1024

Just had the same experience with my out-of-the-box brushless #36...it flew GREAT! I have only had one flight so far, but it hovers rock-solid and is responsive to control input. Obviously, there are things that need adjusting...but they are all pretty minor. In addition, nothing arrived broken, non-functional, or loose on my heli. So far, I'm very impressed with the #36...I've been slaving away upgrading and tweaking my #4s for about 5 months now, and they STILL don't work as good as this thing does out of the box!