Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

who is going inverted?

Old 06-13-2006, 11:05 PM
tripp3d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who is going inverted?

I've been trying to fly inverted on Realflight and after lots of crashing, can finally do it for a few seconds or more. I'm REALLY wanting to try on my 36 but wanted some input first. Sooo, anybody having success mowing the lawn or even brief inverted flying? I havent even switched to 3d mode yet but did experience some neg pitch issues when a linkage came loose during flight
Old 06-15-2006, 03:19 PM
neweheliflyer

Default RE: who is going inverted?

I like to try, but after [link=http://www.linknety.com/modevideos/demo/zoom.php?id=29]watch this video[/link], I think I should wait.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:14 AM
soneebee

before you do inverted on your 36 I think you better check on the pitch settings.. it might not have enough pitch for you to hover inverter.. are you using brushless? it might be best that you got alot of power incase you are in trouble you can easily recover..
Old 06-16-2006, 03:47 PM
tripp3d

Yeah, using a brushless motor from Align. I dont remember which one. I havent put a pitch guage on the blades yet, but in 3d mode with motor diconnected (2 of 3 wires) it seems to have plenty of neg and pos pitch. It doesnt really matter now, yesterday afternoon I was showing off in front of some friends in the front yard doing pirouettes (spelling?) when a tree pulled out in front of me Parts are on order and inverted flight has been postponed for now. Happy Flying, Tripp3d