Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera 36 Spinning Left! HELP

Old 08-26-2006, 06:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera 36 Spinning Left! HELP

I got a new walkera 36 recently and after setting it up following the instructions in the setting up a walkera 36 fresh out of the box my heli spins left while trying to take off. At about 5/8 throttle the heli spins left and i can only counter by using full right rudder. Please Help.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:19 AM

Default RE: Walkera 36 Spinning Left! HELP

You probably just need to adjust your tail rotor. I'm pretty sure it should have almost no pitch with the stick in the middle. Then you give it +/- pitch by moving the stick left or right. There is a really good guide located here---> http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/s...d.php?t=122064 and here ---> http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html
Old 08-26-2006, 07:22 AM

But I dont know how to do that being a noob to rc helos.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:31 AM

I'm pretty new and just learning about this stuff as I'm going also, but I have experienced this and there are a few things that may cause this, which are as follows:

1) Spun/Stripped Tail Rotor Drive Gear
2) Tail Rotor Blade Pitch out of adjustment
3) Gyro Sensitivity setting too low

If you can see some deformed or shredded plastic below your Tail Rotor Drive gear, No. 1 is most likely the problem. This has happened to me twice and I am considering trying a T-Rex steel gear with set screw (Some mod required) to address this problem.

The blade pitch can be adjusted by removing the screw from the Tail Rotor Servo Arm and adjusting it there. You should set your trim to neutral and then adjust the servo arm so that the Tail Rotor bushing is near center.

If the Gyro sensitivity is too low it may not be countering properly. There are two adjustments on the Gyro, one is "Extent" and the other is "Sensitive". Extent adjusts how far the servo moves and Sensitive adjusts the sensitivity of the Gyro.