Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

WALKERA 36 main drive

Old 09-05-2006, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WALKERA 36 main drive

Hi guys, well first I am pretty impressed with the way the 36 handles...... Now for some reason after hovering around for a few mins I landed it, & thought ok, give it another go.. For some reason the main gear is spinning with the electric motor but now it seems the main shaft, blades, rotorhead are barely spinning with the main gear.. Any thoughts as to what may have happened, do the Walkera's have a bad habit of something letting go between the main shaft & the main gear ??

Cheers.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:00 AM

Default RE: WALKERA 36 main drive

I think your main shaft is slipping.. better check on the grub screws that hold the main gear.. check on this....
Old 09-05-2006, 02:11 PM

that sounds like the problem, and from my experience it's common, the screws slip just a TAD on the shaft each flight (if not tightened properly) then, once they've smoothed a circle on it, it basicly rotates freely. Oh, and just incase you don't know what to tighten, the two allen wrench screws are just under the smaller "main" gear (that would be the autorotation gear)
Old 09-06-2006, 03:21 AM

Thanks guys............ I'll give that a try..... once I get this sorted out I might look around to see if their are any scale bodies around for the 36...

Keep Hovering !!!!!!!!!!!