Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

need input about the Walkera Dragonfly 36

Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

need input about the Walkera Dragonfly 36

Old 01-27-2008, 05:12 PM
FlyingHigh 400
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need input about the Walkera Dragonfly 36

is the walketa 36 a good step up from the e-sky honey bee cp2 3D heli.i like my honey bee but the tail motor is really starting to pi$$ me of lol.ill have the walkera 36 sometime next week so what all will i need to do to it?what kind of problems do you guys have with them,if there is any?im getting a blade 400 in a few weeks but i traded a guy on here a rc 18mt for the walkera 36 cause i really dont play with it much and thought it would be a good ideal to fly the walkera be-4 my new blade 400 but i want to know what kind of problems you guys have with it like:: week servos,gyro ect.keep in mind that im new to the heli world so when i hover it 2-3 feet off the ground its a rush lol,so im not trying to do anything crazzy...
Old 01-27-2008, 05:14 PM
FlyingHigh 400

Default RE: need input about the Walkera Dragonfly 36

heres a pic of it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg13922.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	862724   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55467.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	862725  
Old 01-27-2008, 05:45 PM
babyhuey

Looks good,
You will find that it's grossly underpowered with the brushed motor and stock battery. Probably will barely hover, But at least it is adjusted and setup as they are not from the factory.
Add a brushless motor and a 1800mah or bigger lipo and it will be a good flyer. You will be amazed by how much more stable it is over your cp2 and tail motors are the DEVIL.[:@]
Old 01-27-2008, 05:50 PM
jez33

i have the standard 36 and as above says its very underpowered. ive got a bushless ordered already..
Old 01-27-2008, 06:05 PM
FlyingHigh 400

ORIGINAL: babyhuey

Looks good,
You will find that it's grossly underpowered with the brushed motor and stock battery. Probably will barely hover, But at least it is adjusted and setup as they are not from the factory.
Add a brushless motor and a 1800mah or bigger lipo and it will be a good flyer. You will be amazed by how much more stable it is over your cp2 and tail motors are the DEVIL.[:@]
yes,the tail motor sucks[:'(],it took a crap on me 30 mins ago lol.will it be ok with just a lipo and stock motor?im still learning to hover so i dont want it too fast.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:10 PM
FlyingHigh 400

ORIGINAL: jez33

i have the standard 36 and as above says its very underpowered. ive got a bushless ordered already..
im thinking about trying just a lipo for now intill i get good at hovering BUT im going to see what kind of deals there is on e-bay lol.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:22 PM
babyhuey

You need to match the battery to the motor. If you get a brushless make sure that you get a big enough battery also.
The stock motor will be helped by going to a lipo also but the esc built into the receiver on those are famous for burning up!
So watch your butt!
Old 01-27-2008, 10:23 PM
Rattlecat

You should get a 3000 kv brushless motor and a 12t pinion. I use my JGF 400DF and CC35 esc, have about 400 flights on the motor and it's like new. The 2.3mm shaft 400DF allows you to use Revco pinions, a lifetime gear. You will need a castle 25 or 35 with the 400DF unless you can find a cheaper esc that will soft start it.
A cheaper heavier combo will be an Align 430L 3150 and BL-35G esc. The 35G esc has a good BEC for 4 servos. Use an 11T pinion with the 430L 3150. A 430L 3550 will be too fast for the 36, in my opinion. Don't go over 2500 head speed on the plastic head.
And since you are getting a DX6i, get an AR6000 for the 36. Don't use the stock radio. Probability is high that it will lock up and cause a dangerous condition. You are warned.

CH
Old 01-28-2008, 03:41 AM
jez33

ive been using a 2200 mah lipo and its either 20c or 25c continuous..

even as standard i think the power is usless even to learn on,, it hovers but i would forget forward med to fast flight as my just hasnt got enough power..

im getting a bushless motor and speedcontroller which sould do the trick..

im wondering though regarding the standard settup if its the standard speedcontroller that lets it down. i am going to try a 30 mah speedcontroller to see if it improoves the standard setup a little before i change the whole settup to bushless
Old 01-28-2008, 11:52 AM
FlyingHigh 400

ORIGINAL: Chophop

You should get a 3000 kv brushless motor and a 12t pinion. I use my JGF 400DF and CC35 esc, have about 400 flights on the motor and it's like new. The 2.3mm shaft 400DF allows you to use Revco pinions, a lifetime gear. You will need a castle 25 or 35 with the 400DF unless you can find a cheaper esc that will soft start it.
A cheaper heavier combo will be an Align 430L 3150 and BL-35G esc. The 35G esc has a good BEC for 4 servos. Use an 11T pinion with the 430L 3150. A 430L 3550 will be too fast for the 36, in my opinion. Don't go over 2500 head speed on the plastic head.
And since you are getting a DX6i, get an AR6000 for the 36. Don't use the stock radio. Probability is high that it will lock up and cause a dangerous condition. You are warned.

CH
well i put $100.00 down on the blade 400 so im going to pay the blade off be-4 i put money into the walkera unless i find a cheep brushless set up.im going to look on e-bay and try and a good used set up so i might have it up and running soon.what kind of set up(brushless motor and esc) can i get for about $75.00 dollars?i just got to thinking and im going to sale my e-sky honey bee 3D for $75.00....
Old 01-28-2008, 01:59 PM
FlyingHigh 400

can someone send me there e-mail address so i can send them a few link to some of the brushless set ups i found on e-bay.i just want to know what you guys think about them?the whole set up's are new from hong kong(everything comes from there anyways lol) and there around $30.00 to $40.00 dollars shipped..
Old 01-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Rattlecat

TB,
If you looking at $75 I think the 430L 3150 and BL-35G would be the best quality. You might get a cheaper buy but have to buy a new one for more $ a short time later. You can get the two for close to the $75. Probably $85, but shop around.

Here is a bit of well meant advice, your forum name might not go so well with a lot of the readers here and they may be uncooperative. When I first started I thought it was a bunch of military people and adults that were rough and cussy. Turns out I was wrong. It's a family place here and other heli forums, so please don't take offense but advice. I know . And I am a better person now.
Oh, once and awhile I slip back and get a little crude, then get low response. There's a new world order in fast growth.

CH
Old 01-28-2008, 07:26 PM
FlyingHigh 400

TB,
If you looking at $75 I think the 430L 3150 and BL-35G would be the best quality. You might get a cheaper buy but have to buy a new one for more $ a short time later. You can get the two for close to the $75. Probably $85, but shop around.

Here is a bit of well meant advice, your forum name might not go so well with a lot of the readers here and they may be uncooperative. When I first started I thought it was a bunch of military people and adults that were rough and cussy. Turns out I was wrong. It's a family place here and other heli forums, so please don't take offense but advice. I know . And I am a better person now.
Oh, once and awhile I slip back and get a little crude, then get low response. There's a new world order in fast growth.

CH
lol,is there anyway to change it?i dont want to piss anyone off.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:52 PM
FlyingHigh 400

TB,

CH
I just sent a request in to have it changed to ---> CrashAndBurn.LOL,the only reason i made that my screen name is cause i have a losi muggy with a rb 728tm big block in it and its the fastest 1/8 scale in my area.so when ever my buddys want to go out racing and i bring the muggy,ill ask them if they want me to bring my turdbucket lol cause it pisses them off sometimes and they say its not fair.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:54 AM
FlyingHigh 400

TB,

CH
will this battery be ok with the stock set-up --> 4350mAH 11.1V 3S 20C Lipo battery(40C Burst) ?
Old 01-29-2008, 02:58 AM
FlyingHigh 400

since you are getting a DX6i, get an AR6000 for the 36. Don't use the stock radio. Probability is high that it will lock up and cause a dangerous condition. You are warned.

CH
what will lock up??
Old 01-29-2008, 10:20 PM
babyhuey

He means that the radio will glitch or lock up but the newer Walkera radios are much better that they used to be in my experiance.