Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Spare parts for walkera?

Old 05-04-2008, 05:11 PM
BigTruckDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spare parts for walkera?

I am looking at getting a mini coaxial and a mini fp heli but wanted to know if spare parts are a PIA to get? Thanks
Old 05-04-2008, 08:57 PM
guru101

Default RE: Spare parts for walkera?

ORIGINAL: BigTruckDriver

I am looking at getting a mini coaxial and a mini fp heli but wanted to know if spare parts are a PIA to get? Thanks
If you look on ebay you will find that it is flooded with walkera parts, most sellers come from China or Japan, but prices are reasonable if you shop around, and if you order in advance of crashing the delivery time doesn't hurt so much.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:58 AM
brettw

Also it really depends on what heli you get.

If your starting out I would go against a micro fixed pitched heli like the 4#3 as it does take a lot to fly if you are learning. Which means you will need loads more parts.

The 5G6 is fun however go for the new version with the metal head and the 2.4G transmitter.

Try www.rotorfever.com for parts and helis.

Cheers

Brett
www.eastcoasthobbies.com.au
Old 05-08-2008, 07:56 PM
k-root

ORIGINAL: BigTruckDriver

I have owned the 5G6 with metal upgrades and 2.4 Ghz receiver for about 5 weeks . I have replaced 2 servos and am now looking for a new 2.4 Ghz receiver. These receivers and other part sare available from many chinese dealers but takes a MINIMUM of 10 DAYS to receive in the U.S. not counting week ends. If you miss the mail then you have to take a trip to your local post office to sign for the registerd package witch is a PIA. I haven't been able to find a U.S. dealer that has 2.4 receivers in stock. I have been able to get all other parts in U.S. and receive them in 3-4 days max and I do not have to sign for them. The cost from U.S. dealers is slitely higher but I feel it is more than worth another dollar or two so I can get my Heli flying again ASAP. Lately I have been thinking I might have to abandon Walkera Helis . I feel maby the quality just isn't there. They have nice looking prices on some of there stuff but I have an an old E-Flite CX that I have beat up pretty badly and it is still flying nicely and parts are easy to find here at home.
This may be more info than you wanted. Good luck and kepp adjusting.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:13 PM
RotorFever

Thanks brettw for mentioning my site. You should have mentioned as well that I'd be good for people located in the US and of course don't forget www.eastcoasthobbies.com.au for aussies.

k-root. I was going to say that I had 2.4ghz receivers but I just sold the last 2 today. You might want to check out the prices for my servos too.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:21 PM
helikiller

For Walkera parts try www.ka-planes.com, good prices, great service, fast delivery. There is also a Walkera-USA site on eBay that I purchased some gears that were out of stock at ka-planes. He was a little high, and watch his shipping cost, but he usually has stock on most all the parts I've needed.