Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

5G6 5#6 Lift issues????

Old 11-21-2008, 01:09 PM
sn00p

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5G6 5#6 Lift issues????

Basically i have a 5#6 plastic head version and decided to upgrade to the 5G6 metal head.... so i purchased

Ali main shaft (upgrade)
Ali blade grip holders (upgrade)
ali swash plate

I even went the full hog and got the white 5G6 blades and ali tube tail boom.

Since doing this i now only get like 1 min of good flight from all my batteries then the heli just doesnt seem to have enough power to keep its ass off the ground

I am 100% the batteries are good as ive tried them in another heli and they are fine. I pressumed it was weight issue although the manuals say there is a only a few grams different between the 2 helis so i removed my motor heatsinks and the tail boom which came to more than the weight difference and still only get a real short flight time. Both inner and outer shaft seem to be free, the drive gears are all aligned correctly. Anyone else had this problem or know a fix???

Really anoyed i spent £50 on the heli and another £50 upgrading only for it not to fly as well as before??? Anything i could have done when upgrading the parts that could cause the problem???

Im pressuming both motors are running equal and the thing is it will fly perfectly for a minute maybe 2 max them it just seems the batteries die. Re-charge and you get another perfect minute or 2. When using the same batteries in another heli i get the expected 7 minute flight times...

im guessing something is causing the batteries to die prematurely. Seems i have no binding issues from shafts/motors/blades i dunno maybe the 3 in 1 is faulty??? just seems strange this has only happed since the upgrade.

Many Thanks in advance.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:09 AM
Rhubear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 5G6 5#6 Lift issues????

Check out this thread - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_80...tm.htm#8048374

User BrianNZ discovers a bearings problem with his Walkera 5G6. Replacing the bearings (or whole housing) enabled his heli to fly again.

Problem with no-lift is not usually the batt, or motors apparently.

I'm currently having the same problem with my 5G6, hence my "research" here!

HTH