Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

WALKERA -STAY AWAY FROM

Old 12-30-2008, 08:54 PM
stilly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WALKERA -STAY AWAY FROM

l see more and more people buying WALKERA heli's-please stay away from them -they are more trouble then what they are worthyou hear of more people have trouble with these heli's then any other heli out there-l konw first hand l too bought one and was total disapointed.l switched over to EFLITE heli's which are not the best either -but are 100% better-when they say -will fly out of the box-they mean itit will WALKERA HELI'S ARE CHEAP KNOCK-OFFS-STAY CLEAR
Old 12-31-2008, 07:11 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: WALKERA -STAY AWAY FROM

I have had no trouble with walkera at all, most of the time people have trouble with walkera its user error, My walkera 4#3b flys like a dime, parts are cheap and it never breaks. I have had more trouble with e-flite then I have with walkera
Old 12-31-2008, 08:47 AM
robtangie

Ok, ok... Who invited the hater???
Old 12-31-2008, 05:39 PM
scorp27

a hater in the walkera forums....Ive had pretty good luck with walkera, you have to realize very very few RTFs are actually RTF.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:44 PM
stilly

come on you guys,they are total garbagethe motors are to weak to even lift the heli off the ground-
the batteries they include have the lowest possible C rating you can get
-the gyros they includewellbetter off taking it off and flying without it
Old 12-31-2008, 08:00 PM
HeliStyle

never had a problem with them at all
Old 12-31-2008, 08:44 PM
homeunt
My Feedback: (3)

well i am not much of a walkera person but from 4#3 I love it
Old 01-01-2009, 02:15 PM
broon

i got one for chrustmas. it had to grub screws missging connecting the gear to the shaft. as a result i had to buy new grubs but now it is out of balance. apart from anything else it was bought from an ebay shop + the seller wont accept a return as it was purchased in november although never opened til december. lets hope i getit sorted soon and enjoy it. i also can't find any model shops locally who can help sort it.

cheers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61555.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	1100797  
Old 01-01-2009, 06:47 PM
bad400

i have the 5#10,the 52,and the 60 only have had problems with the 5#10.except the 52 skids or so small they canot take a hard landing
Old 02-04-2009, 02:30 PM
rocketray2000

Walkera seem to be the only chinese company that listens to users and actually does something to fix initial problems.While i agree earlier walkeras were rubbish, since they've brought out the 2.4 stuff they have gone from rubbish to not half bad, and e-flight wants to get off its lourels and get back to selling reasonable quality again.
Rave over!!
Old 02-04-2009, 06:23 PM
madaneerg

I've been smashing my 4#3b into the wall for a few hour now & it keeps coming back for more. I mean, really smashing into stuff. Seems like a pretty well engineered product to me so far...
Old 02-04-2009, 07:40 PM
1320Fastback

My walkera #4 only requires proper setup to fly, I have found if I overlook anything whether its blade balance ,fly-bar paddle angle or correct CG it will not fly well. Of course I think this is true of all helis.

I do use 7.4 Lipo's so I dont know about the stock NiMh.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:57 PM
DexPtchang

Guys,
ER: Walkera. At least some of the bad cred Walkera gets came be attributed to the fact that in most instances the buyer is a novice/begginer, & they blame the chopper for their lack of experience. My only suggestion is to replace the rudder servo w/ a quality one. by the way does any one know how I can reduce the NuMber of emails i get from the forum? as far as I can see there is no "don't send me threads from forum" setting.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:26 PM
cenracer1

Ahh.. another Walkera hater.. what else is new... Yes they are chinese, a knockoff company... maybe in the beginning, but they have some pretty good stuff out there now.. I'm on my 4th one and honestly I'm not complaining.. As others have said, most of the problems are user error or my personal favorite, beginners thinking they can just pick up a fixed pitch, or better yet and 3D heli and fly it right out of the box... I have both kinds and the Walkera's are a bargain compared to the other companies out there.. My 22E's flew great.. sure the radio wasn't the best, but Walkera fixed it with the 2.4ghz version.. my 4#3B's fly great right out of the box.. and they sure as hell didn't copy anybody with that one.. Its innovative and tough as hell... Yes you can break it, but it will take alot of effort to do it..
Stilly..obviously you had a problem with your heli.. you never mentioned which one you had... as far as E-Flight being better... Read the posts on their section.. It seems to me that you have to replace almost all the electronics in them or they apparently can catch fire.. I'm just repeating what was written by the users on that site.. There is no heli that should be flown straight out of the box, thats a bunch of beginner BS... the only one that I've seen that will fly reasonably well out of the box are coax heli's and guess what... The Walkera 4#3B.. I have 2 of them and they didn't need a thing other than adjustments to trim on the TX and the Batteries charged... Oh.. wait.. the batteries came charged...
Old 02-04-2009, 11:41 PM
Sardukar

My first heli is the Walkera 1#b, had it for a few months now. Works 100% perfectly and only just now am i having to replace the tail motor. Thats 3 batt packs of hovering a day for 2 months and no problem. Just dont be a nub and think you can fly ANY helicopter straight away without alot of practice and learning. And if you get unlucky with a model dont blast an entire company and fanbase because of one mistake (which should have been checked by the seller anyway).
Old 02-04-2009, 11:48 PM
mediclavina

stilly,

You're probably forgetting this is not a *beginners-looking-for-their-first-heli* forum.
Sorry, I'm not trying to play forum police. Just some sort of advice on netiquette.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Georges Payne

I am far more happy with my 4#3B than I was with my Blade CP Pro. Now THAT was one flying lump of cheap plastic...
Old 02-06-2009, 11:37 AM
jsnypurr

I'm going to have to agree....my first two experiences with Walkera started off well but those feelings didn't last even two weeks.

I would recommend buying E-Flight if you live in the US....there quality might not be any better but atleast you can buy the parts locally at your hobby store.

My Lama 2 flew well for about 40 battery flights worth then one of the motors stopped working for no apparent reason. The I crashed my 53Q....breaking the tail of the fuselage....now I see no way of replacing the fuselage....Walkera sells them but if you can figure out how to take off the fuselage to the 53Q without disassembling nearly the entire helicopter plus cutting wires to the tail and nose lights your a lot smarter then I am.

No more Walkeras for me.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Jdogga

ORIGINAL: DexPtchang

Guys,
ER: Walkera. At least some of the bad cred Walkera gets came be attributed to the fact that in most instances the buyer is a novice/begginer, & they blame the chopper for their lack of experience. My only suggestion is to replace the rudder servo w/ a quality one. by the way does any one know how I can reduce the NuMber of emails i get from the forum? as far as I can see there is no "don't send me threads from forum" setting.
I would be interested in doing this with my 5#10... are there any out there for this and if so is it an easy replacement?
Thanks,
Jeremy
Old 02-06-2009, 03:10 PM
pfolger

I'm brand new to the RC Heli world. I bought a 5#10 from Xheli (2.4Ghz), came here for some tips and tricks (best one HEAT SINKS!!!), now flying like a champ...

My 2 cents.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Jdogga

ORIGINAL: pfolger

I'm brand new to the RC Heli world. I bought a 5#10 from Xheli (2.4Ghz), came here for some tips and tricks (best one HEAT SINKS!!!), now flying like a champ...

My 2 cents.
Pfolger, why did heat sinks help, how much are they, etc? (I have a 5#10).
Thanks,
Jeremy
Old 02-06-2009, 04:54 PM
Rowboat

I have had the Walkera 60, 4#1, lots of 5#4, and two 5#10, the 5#4 was the best at actual flying, very forgiving and strong. They all have faults. I sold the 60 and the 4#1 because I could not control them when flying. I have had one Eflight heli and that would only fly properly if I removed the plastic canopy. I once turned the TX off before turning of the RX on, before I could do anything the Little Eflight took off straight up at full throttle and eventually landed with a loud noise and promptly disintegrated into a pile of bits.
I prefer the Walkera, they are improving.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:31 PM
HansV

So far I have:
5 4#3's (3*B+2*old)
4 4G3's (2*metal+2*old)
2 #52's

and a couple of others that I don't fly much. All flew right out of the box!! Just had to trim them on the TX. I crash the 4#3Bs all the time and they almost never break. The CPs will sometimes break the blade or more, but I guess I can't blame Walkera for me running out of talent

The only real weakness I see is the old V1 servos and the main motors. With the brushless I can fly until my fingers hurt so I guess that this kills my complaints

/Hans.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Rowboat

Update on my Walkera 5#10 experience.
I just removed the Rx so I could safely replace some parts. When I hooked all the wires up the upper motor speed controller would not work. So I replaced it with a new one. Guess what the new Rx does not work properly. The upper motor speed controller would not work. And that’s the third one that would not work. NOT HAPPY WALKERA! You have great heli but weak electrics.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:33 AM
klaze

I love my Walkera heli's.. no other brand has anything like the 4#3b...

ORIGINAL: Rowboat

Update on my Walkera 5#10 experience.
I just removed the Rx so I could safely replace some parts. When I hooked all the wires up the upper motor speed controller would not work. So I replaced it with a new one. Guess what the new Rx does not work properly. The upper motor speed controller would not work. And that’s the third one that would not work. NOT HAPPY WALKERA! You have great heli but weak electrics.
Although I do find this story hard to believe.. Walkera's quality control could be better..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.