Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

DF E22 or DF 1#B?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 04:44 AM
figarow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DF E22 or DF 1#B?

I feel I am ready to move on from coaxial to a ccpm heli. I have previously flown a coaxial v3, big lama with no problems
and yesterday for the first time a fixed pitch DF4, managing to sucessfully keep her hovering for a few seconds. Not bad
for a first go I thought. I have the bug for a proper heli and really want to move on from coaxial to something harder.

I am torn between two models and need some help deciding.
I can get both the Walkera DF E22 & Walkera DF 1#B for approx AU $240.00. Delivered. The 1#B is newer and may have
better electronics as Walkera has been known to have issues in the past with their electronics so I keep reading. Also the 1#B
is 28 grams lighter than the E22 and has a smaller battery which helps with weight. Although the 1#B is 20mm smaller
than the E22.

Would these both handle about the same in light winds? One of the reasons for moving up from coaxial is to have a
heli that can handle some light winds and be used outdoors mainly.

Overall at this stage I am leaning towards the Walkera Dragonfly 1#B. I am looking forward to hearing some opinions
as to which heli I should buy and why, also if there are some retailers that may be offering good deals at the moment
please let me know. I should be buying in the next couple of days.

Thanks for the help [8D]
Old 02-11-2009, 08:50 PM
VulcanGrey

Default RE: DF E22 or DF 1#B?

I have the 1#b, I would vote for that!

THe design is higher performance than the 22E, and is easier to fix... IMO
Old 02-15-2009, 11:10 AM
Sardukar

Default RE: DF E22 or DF 1#B?

I have the walkera 1#b. It's a pretty damn good heli.

I've upgraded it to brushless, but i used the 22 ESC because its rated at over 20A compared to the 1#b brushless ESC which i think is 10A. I use 7.4v 1300mah 15c lipos (which is why i opted for the higher rating ESC) and i can get over 10mins of hovering off one battery pack.

It handled ok with the brushed motor in light to medium wind. It's got alot of grunt for its size so even though you might get blown away you can compensate very quickly. So far i have had no problems with any of the electronics or design of the heli, its actually really good for the price.