Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

Walkera “Big Lama” 53Q3 Aluminum version mini review

Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera “Big Lama” 53Q3 Aluminum version mini review

Old 03-20-2009, 10:28 PM
ehirobo ehirobo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera “Big Lama” 53Q3 Aluminum version mini review

In the race of getting the most stable RC helicopter in the market Walkera had come out with their new 53Q3 2.4 GHz helicopter. It is a giant compare to other coaxial helicopter measure in at 408mm in length (excluding the blades) with 210mm blade and a rotor diameter of 450mm. Makes it very easy to fly even in windy outdoor situation.

One unique feature with this heli is it feature high power led light on the canopy. I know tons of helicopter have light on them already but Walkera went further to house the light in little scale light housings makes them looks like more realistic. The bottom of the helicopter even feature a spot light with adjustable housing. Makes it very cool to fly it at night.

Back to the helicopter this metal upgrade version feature aluminum rotor head, swash plate. And runs on 7.4v 1200mAh Lipo battery. This RTF models this heli comes complete with balance charger, 2.4 GHz radio system. The only negative point I can think of this heli is the canopy was made with plastic, which feature a lot of fine detail but may got damaged during crash or hard landing. I believe this is one of the reasons why they add extra strong landing skid to protect the canopy as much as possible. If you are looking for a very stable coaxial helicopter to do some scale flying this may be the heli for you.

[link=http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=6824]53Q3 metal version[/link]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98828.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	1162237   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76869.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	1162238   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gm22227.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	1162239   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ga77068.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	1162240  
Old 03-21-2009, 08:46 AM
microair

Default RE: Walkera “Big Lama” 53Q3 Aluminum version mini review

If I were in the market for a larger coax, this would be it. The fuselage is gorgeous! I'm not crazy about the paint scheme(reminds me too much of the CX3), but the details are really nice.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:04 PM
ehirobo ehirobo

Ya, it sure is one of the best looking large coax. Walkera are sure improving as in quality and craftmanship.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:46 AM
jlvr51

Hello from Portland, Oregon ... ordered my 53Q3 from a supplier in China ... attracted by the already outfitted CNC and the LEDs ... lot of bling/bang for the USD $buck.  I bought an ESky Big Lama & flew that for about a month.  Crash - bam - boom ... getting replacement parts in the mail and selling it sort of new RTF to my roommate who enjoyed watching me fly Big Lama.  53Q3 also pushing twin 370 motors, I think I will do just fine when it gets here.  Thanks for the "thumbs up" guys.