Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

4G3 double brushless helicopter

Old 05-14-2009, 03:16 AM
ehirobo ehirobo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4G3 double brushless helicopter

We receive a proto-type double brushless 4G3 from Walkera. As you can see from the picture it got different tail design, a fiber glass tail fin compare to the normal carbon rod. And the tail is a direct drive system which eliminate the issue with the pinion and spur gear spacing. The tail boom is slightly longer (4mm) compare to the orginal. And the tail drive system will work with existing 2605a receiver. The complete heli (without battery and canopy) weight 1.1g more than the single brushless version.

I had only do a short flight with it and I notice the rudder control is slightly faster than brushed version. And the tail hold quite well as will normal brushed version with new tail motor. Walkera said there maybe slight changes for production model as this one is a proto type.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50399.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	360.7 KB
ID:	1197769   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40890.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	364.9 KB
ID:	1197770  
Old 05-14-2009, 08:23 PM
klaze

Default RE: 4G3 double brushless helicopter

I'm excited, Push them to release a a tail upgrade kit ASAP!!
Old 05-14-2009, 09:26 PM
ehirobo ehirobo

Will try to do that. [sm=biggrin.gif] But no word on the release date for the seperate kit yet.....
ORIGINAL: klaze

I'm excited, Push them to release a a tail upgrade kit ASAP!!
Old 05-20-2009, 06:39 AM
Shadow99

Well it's about time!

Why didn't they release the BL version as a full BL, rather than just a BL main with the weak brushed tail motor I can't understand. Unfortunately I' ve already made a modification to my 4g3 with a 2.9g BL outrunner on the tail, the brushed tail would "blow-out" while in Idle-upif large collective inputs were made. The BL tail holdsway better, althoughthe gyrowill cause tail wag at times.

Shadow

Old 05-25-2009, 11:46 AM
empty_space

Is the dual brushless 4g3 really coming out on the 31st or is it actually coming out later?  It says the 31st on your site.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:02 AM
ehirobo ehirobo

I do find the same thing happen with the prototype as it hold quite well. But the tail wag from time to time. But as I only have 1 short flight with it I am sorry I really can't say much about the performance. But with our pass experience with walkera prototype it is highly possible they may change small detail for the production model. BTW: It should be out very soon and we got the 4#3b double brushless prototype as well. Will post some picture later today.

ORIGINAL: Shadow99

Well it's about time!

Why didn't they release the BL version as a full BL, rather than just a BL main with the weak brushed tail motor I can't understand. Unfortunately I' ve already made a modification to my 4g3 with a 2.9g BL outrunner on the tail, the brushed tail would "blow-out" while in Idle-upif large collective inputs were made. The BL tail holdsway better, althoughthe gyrowill cause tail wag at times.

Shadow