Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera 56 questions

Old 05-30-2009, 07:45 AM
Riktar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera 56 questions

I recently scored 2 Walkera 56 helis for a ridiculous price that I just could not pass up. They are NOS complete RTF (Brushless motors and 1500Mah Lipo) units that are being discontinued. I have a few assumptions/questions I would like validated by you folks:

1. The 56 model is the same as the 36 but with a metal frame.

2. The Walkera servos are too weak/unreliable for this size heli.

3. The electronics are "iffy" at best. For reference these models come with WK-0701 transmitter, RX 607 receiver, and a G006 external gyro.

4. I have a spare AR6100e along with a DX6i I could use. Assuming that I am correct I should just get another AR6100e so both helis are 2.4ghz.

5. Are there other makes of helis whose parts are interchangeable with the 56?

The way I see it I have 2 units to practice with. If one goes horribly wrong I still have another complete model to work with. Question 5 is the big thing for me since I can not seem to find ANY source of parts for these outdated units.

Below is a picture of what I am expecting to get: