Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
Reload this Page >

Walkera 4#3B brushless conversion

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera 4#3B brushless conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 12:16 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Walkera 4#3B brushless conversion

I'm sure this was posted somewhere on this site, but I can't seem to locate it.. I want to change my main motor on my 4#3B to brushless and I see there are several options out there... I can get a brushless main motor and esc only, or I can get a brushless main motor with esc, new tail motor (brushled) and holder and new RX... I see that they now have an upgrade for all brushless, but thats getting expensive for this heli... What I want to know is anyone use the main motor conversion and what were the results... Is it a simple plug and play setup or more involved.. I don't really care too much about the involved part, but if I don't have to do anything thats better... also, is the tail motor up to the task with the main motor conversion? I know the second option is probably better, but its more expensive and more involved...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated... thanks
Old 07-08-2009, 12:33 PM
AtTheCross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Walkera 4#3B brushless conversion

depends on what rx you have 2406 or 2406A, if 2406 then you need a converter/esc combo like the AEO conversion kit. if 2406A you have more options with both motors and esc's if you choose walkera esc, you limit yourself on motor selection (won't start all outrunners) if you're in CA, then i would recommend clubheli.com. if you not in CA then wowhobbies.com or rotorfever.com has good prices. if you're not in a hurry then terrence probably has the best prices http://www.chinesejade.com/walkera.htm

i have stock walkera bl motor and esc with brushed tail works great. i also have a turbo ace 14000kv (red motor) and a 2g tail that is awesome, i use the walkera esc for the main and a 'flea' for the tail.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:10 PM
cenracer1

Its an early Gen of the 4#3b and I would suspect its the first version. 2406.. If you wouldn't mind, do you have any links for the correct esc and brushless main motor for that.. I looked on chinese Jade and they listed several versions.. I would like to buy a package if possible, but can do seperate as well.... Thanks again.... Rich
Old 07-08-2009, 02:23 PM
AtTheCross

it's this one:

AeoRC Brushless Conversion + 5A ESC
This brushless conversion and esc can also run with other outrunner brushless motor. Factory told me it could run the tail brushless motor. However the plug is different between the HP05S that I am selling. Solder work may be needed. (I have tried on ADH50 and ADH50L only without trying on others brushless motors as extra soldering work needed.)
Item No: HM-ESC-BRUSHLESS
Price: US$22.95
Old 07-08-2009, 03:00 PM
cenracer1

is this for the motor and esc or just the esc... if so what motor do you recommend? maybe the 11000KV walkera one or is this outrunner only?
Old 07-08-2009, 03:09 PM
AtTheCross

it's the esc/converter so you would need to add a motor. i've only flown the stock walkera bl motor and a turbo ace which terrence does not carry.

but terrence says he has tested that esc/converter with ADH50 ($21.95) and ADH50L ($19.95) and it works, you can trust what terrence says, he not only sells, but flys heli's.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:45 PM
cenracer1

thanks... I will go that route I guess... I have to check the RX when I get home to make sure its the early one... pretty sure though.. then place the order and wait for the parts.. I have one brushed motor left.. should last until the new parts arrive... Rich