Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

WALKERA CB180Q AIRWOLF

Old 12-15-2009, 04:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WALKERA CB180Q AIRWOLF

HI ALL I'am thinking about buying the walkera cb180q airwolf I have some experience with the balde cx2 and lately with the blade mini msr. Do you guys think that the walkera cb180q will be a good stable heli for a newbie. Is it strong for crashes or does it break pretty easy. And is it easy to repair and does it fly in the wind pretty good. Thanks
Old 12-28-2009, 05:32 PM
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WALKERA CB180Q AIRWOLF

I got the cb180D for X-mas I like it. It does not fly as easy as a co-axial, but not super hard like a FP or CP, this is due to the 45degree weighted bar. It makes the heli easy to fly.

As far as durable, I have heard the stock blades are brittle, but a person can get better more flexible blades.

Also my tail motor holder was broke when I got my heli, at the bottom on both sides, so I suspect that is a weak point, I fixed it with a little 5 min epoxy, it is stronger then if it had never broke.
I also hear the tail blade blades break easily, so get a few spare.

There is also many spare parts for it
there are many mods for the heli

There is a website that sells a direct drive rotor setup,
(offers fater forward flight, and better response) motor heat sinks, fast blow fuse setups, and push button on/off setups. (just google CB180D direct drive, you will find it, has video and everything)

Then 2.4ghz is a big plus as well.

you hear good things, but you will hear bad things. I like it, I am not a beginner but not a great flyer by anymeans, I am still learning.

That is my 2 cents

Have fun
George

Old 01-07-2010, 11:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: gagallagher04401

I got the cb180D for X-mas I like it. It does not fly as easy as a co-axial, but not super hard like a FP or CP, this is due to the 45degree weighted bar. It makes the heli easy to fly.

As far as durable, I have heard the stock blades are brittle, but a person can get better more flexible blades.

Also my tail motor holder was broke when I got my heli, at the bottom on both sides, so I suspect that is a weak point, I fixed it with a little 5 min epoxy, it is stronger then if it had never broke.
I also hear the tail blade blades break easily, so get a few spare.

There is also many spare parts for it
there are many mods for the heli

There is a website that sells a direct drive rotor setup,
(offers fater forward flight, and better response) motor heat sinks, fast blow fuse setups, and push button on/off setups. (just google CB180D direct drive, you will find it, has video and everything)

Then 2.4ghz is a big plus as well.

you hear good things, but you will hear bad things. I like it, I am not a beginner but not a great flyer by anymeans, I am still learning.

That is my 2 cents

Have fun
George

I'M A NEWBIE AS WELL SO DON'T LAUGH Here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLxkkkuqUYg
Old 02-12-2010, 07:58 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

This model is a FP.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:12 PM

I know it is a FP heli. It has a 45 deegree weighted flybar, to allow it to fly more like a co-axial, (stability wise) It does not have fly paddles.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:30 PM

I also just got this heli after having some experience with the coaxial choppers. It is pretty stable but still going to take a bit of practice. The transmitter I got was a 2402, which I can easily change around, but it is still different from the 3 channels, which is what my coaxial was.

The chopper is brittle, super brittle. My fuselage has cracked in about 6 places. It will crack every time you sit it down hard on a landing. The aftermarket is big but EVERY place I have looked is out of stock on almost every part I need to get right now. It is frustrating. Good luck. I am going to make my Q into a D, so I dont have to buy a 30 dollar fuselage, because I am a beginner.<br type="_moz" />
Old 02-12-2010, 09:50 PM

BINGO! lol the D is much better then the Q in my opinion. Much easy to work on, canopy is much cheaper, and to me is better looking (sportier in my opinion), easy access.

Best upgrades for this bird are BIG Lama "B" set of blades, motor heat sinks.

If you do not go with DD conversion, get spare tail props, because just like the stock main rotor blades, shatter like glass!

Have fun!
Old 02-14-2010, 04:48 PM

I was set on the 180Q but after reading I ordered the 180D...I haven't rec'd it yet but glad I ordered the D. I have the 5303 and it has a few cracks from hard landings.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:42 PM

woohoo 180D delivered now if I can get some practice in...o yea still 2 feet of snow lying around here in the northeast..
Old 02-22-2010, 09:05 PM

Fly it inside I do
Old 02-22-2010, 09:06 PM

I live in a townhouse...i'd probably hit the wall...
Old 03-18-2010, 03:50 AM

BINGO! lol the D is much better then the Q in my opinion. Much easy to work on, canopy is much cheaper, and to me is better looking (sportier in my opinion), easy access.

Best upgrades for this bird are BIG Lama ''B'' set of blades, motor heat sinks.

If you do not go with DD conversion, get spare tail props, because just like the stock main rotor blades, shatter like glass!

Have fun!
Another relatively new guy here...any ideas on how to change out the tail rotor blades? Flew my CB180 into the shrubs and lost 1 of 3 blade tips. I have read about putting a HBFP V2 rotor blade on the CB180D for better tail performance. Just don't want to damage anything back there while attempting to change out the tail rotor. Recently moved from ESky Big Lama to this CB 180D ... flies very much like the Big Lama, but is quicker right out of the box. Also have been flying EFlite MSR in my front room most of the winter months ... so this hybrid flying isn't all that new to me.
Thanks,
Jose
Old 03-19-2010, 07:29 PM

Jose, you just need to pull the tail rotor off the shaft. It's pretty tight on there, so just be careful. Another option is to heat up a hobby knife and melt through the rotor in two spots. That should make it much easier.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:05 AM

How is the 180d in the wind? I was flyin my 53Q3 and it seems like a slight breeze and it really upsets the heli...I guess the bigger helis are easier in the wind.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:03 AM

It is not good in the wind, that is the main reason I moved on. It does not have the swash movement to counter act the wind. So when you the wind pushes you left and you steer right, the heli does not go right, it continues left.
All in all I really like the heli. but it is to small for outdoor flying unless it is completly calm.

I now fly a trex 450 Pro. That can fly in just about anything

George