Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

Walkera 4-6 or Ufly??

Old 03-17-2010, 04:43 PM
gerald77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera 4-6 or Ufly??

Have plenty of experience with esky lama v2 but i want something faster,more challenging. I`m caught between the Ufly or 4-6. Which one do any of you suggest?? Give me sites also. Thanks
Old 04-22-2010, 02:15 PM
bckyrdbshr
My Feedback: (35)

Default RE: Walkera 4-6 or Ufly??

ORIGINAL: gerald77

Have plenty of experience with esky lama v2 but i want something faster,more challenging. I`m caught between the Ufly or 4-6. Which one do any of you suggest?? Give me sites also. Thanks
I have the Ufly myself and love it. It's bigger than the 4-6 and easier to see and handle.. I bought mine and get all my parts for it and my other helis [link=http://www.wowhobbies.com/]HERE[/link]
Old 04-22-2010, 05:21 PM
gerald77

Hey thanks for the advice. Thing is that i live in europe and wowhobbies doesnt seem to post there. Any other trusted site??
Old 01-17-2011, 04:37 PM
stope246

You can try helidirect.com. I've purchased many parts from them. Very reliable.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:04 PM
karlik

They are pretty much the same thing except for size. The Ufly would handle better outside in a slight breeze. The 4-6 would be better inside in a more confined space. And as already said when you start to actually fly the ufly will get small quick enough, the 4-6 would be harder to see.

I bought my Ufly from wow - it was a modified "super" version. The servos they put in it were a piece a crap and didn't work right from day one. When I first powered up they would freeze and make a loud buzz for about a minute. They would freeze up mid flight and cause a crash. Here's a video of the start up sequence - [link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZA8DjGrtUk[/link] The esc/bec was defective from day one - power would fail mid flight and the heli would drop like a rock. When I approached them they told me it was perfectly normal for the servos to make that noise and I didn't know how to fly. They put in an off brand esc and a different receiver so to correct all of the problems I had to buy new servos, a wakera speed control and the correct receiver. My $250 heli turned into just short of a $400 heli before it would fly right.

The Ufly is an ok heli, but my experience is wow hobbies has zero customer service and they modify the heli and put on cheap crappy parts - I would say stay the heck away from them.