Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

cb100?

Old 04-04-2010, 01:39 AM
macz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cb100?

Lookin to get a little micro to cruise around the house..i think my cb180d is a little to big...How is the cb100..decent?
Old 04-06-2010, 02:33 AM
NeilS

Default RE: cb100?

The CB100 is, IMHO, the easite FP Micro helicopter to fly. I had little or no experience with FP sigle rotor heli's when I got mine and I managed to hover it easily, now, a few months down the track , I can fly it all round the house.

Becareful though, it is small, but it can get away from you pretty quickly...

If I were you I would order the following parts.

2 x tail booms
2 x tail boom wire harnes
1 x main rotor assembly
2 x rear blades

Regards
Old 04-06-2010, 09:30 AM
macz

I have the cb180d... It's pretty stable but a little to big for the house.. I also want to get the new blade SR.. But I'm waiting due to limit of helis and parts.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:53 AM
kodak_jack

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The stock CF boom has to be replaced with a piece of SS tubing. The stock tail motor needs to be replaced with a 2.9g tail motor. If you were to buy one from WOW Hobbies, they offer that motor already installed on one of their versions. Most people need a palm size heli for indoors. Anything bigger is too much.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:06 AM
AtTheCross

i tried ss tubing on a 4#3b was too heavy, how does it fair well on the cb100?
Old 04-17-2010, 07:44 AM
kodak_jack

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The tubing used is actually called "hypodermic" in the Small Parts catalog(thin wall yet strong). It can also be purchased through Amazon.com. It is not that heavy and certainly doesn't bend if you look at it wrong like aluminum or splinter like the CF. The brushless motor on the CB100 doesn't seem to be bothered by it and the CG didn't really change much. Most people who fly the CB100 do so because they can't fly the spazzy 4#3b. It's a nice little heli and less toy-like than the MSR.
I hate to say it, but Esky has lost the edge and will be on its way out if it doesn't step up to the plate with something nice and really soon(I know you are/were a big Esky fan like I was). Esky has also been very slow to restock spare parts on their heli's to the point where some dealers aren't bothering with them anymore. Walkera has introduced so many models that you can't keep track of them anymore and have also been good at keeping parts available.